“Stay somewhere else!”

Palace Hotel Clermont
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clermont
Palace Hotel Clermont
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
“Stay somewhere else!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Only had hot water 1 of the 5 days that I've been staying here..still waiting... if you want a hot shower.. don't stay here! .....other tenants are quite loud..... blasting their stereos at all hours...

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Sandieroo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

I would rather have stayed in the back of my SUV at at truck stop or in a tent in the woods with a clean sleeping bag! The ceiling was caving in, windows were all cracked with boards, no locks, carpet filthy, bugs and a litle chameleon crawled across my foot. The towels were still damp, and dirty, (not bleached /laundered), chairs had no backs, walls had holes in them, door was kicked in (bathroom), furniture had wood rot, mattress caved about to fall on the floor, looks like someone was murdered in there. The manager said it just passed inspection last week when I told him if I didn't get a refund I would be contacting OSHA, the city of Clermont public health department. I did not see a business license, asked for any discounts before checking in, they said they were privately owned. Manager insisted there were no bed bugs since he lived there. I told him he better start looking for an apt. , homeless shelter or new job. One of the owners is an MD, hope her office is cleaner than her hotel. I did get a refund. It was the worst hotel I've seen in the world, I didn't even set my luggage in there. Oh, and pubic hair on the soap! I was exhausted, stayed 20 miles north at a Sleep Inn in Wildwood, twice as much, but clean, no bed bugs (pull off the sheets and look for dark spots on the mattress). There's a little machine you can buy, even 5 stars can have them, and I've seen on tv, it costs thousands of dollars to exterminate them! Would have slept on a cot in the Amazon again w/ a mosquito net (at least the cot was clean, as was the sheet), vs. this dump!

Room Tip: none of them, second room I was taken to (from 104 to 120) was equally a dump!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Lori Lee U

Travellers are raving about these Clermont hotels

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Apparently, the roach described below did in fact come back for revenge, but for the wrong people. My boyfriend saw two of them crawling around, but they mysteriously dissappeared into thin air without me having an apportunity to spot them.
Now, trying to be more serious, we stopped at this motel on the way back home after a long day at Universal Studios. After being surprised by the classy shirtless and shoeless pajama wearing neighbours that were boarding the motel and were conveniently next door, we entered the room, and this one was much worse than the Days Inn in front of Orlando's Wet'N'Wild, which should deserve another review.
The humidity and stains on the wall (of blood or of maroon paint?), the stink from the bed, the spider webs, the smell of pee on the bathroom floor, the flies... After hugging each other in a Scooby-Doo & Shaggy fashion, we decided to stay, not to have a shower, sleep with our clothes on, and separate the bed from any wall, after which the headboard fall onto the floor. Oh! We also hung our luggage above the closet rack ensuring that no visitor came home with us.
If I am writing this review, it means that we survive the experience, but probably at the cost of getting lice, or even worse... scabbies.
There are a couple of hotels around this one, so I would check them first if I were you... or maybe I would just travel some 20 miles away, because it might be a trend in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jon M
Young Harris, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

i needed a place to stop at on the back from vacation and didnt have alot of money to spend .i was with three friends and on a spring break trip so we needed something simple and cheap. we came across this motel and decided this was going to be out resting point went inside and booked a hotel for 45 dollars. right off the back i knew something was wrong. the kid behind the desk was exactly that, he couldnt have been over 17(it was past two am, there must the some child labor laws against that) he gave us our key and we were on our way to our room. we walked outside and we made jokes about how this place needed a makeover and we werent kidding. the paint was chipping off, the pool was moldy, the stairs were wobbly, it was literally falling apart. once again i looked past this, and we made it up to our room. we opened the (dirty paint chipping off) door and were disgusted by what we saw. first off: there were no bed sheets on the beds, and only one pillow. second : there were dark stains all over the carpet, third : a fowl horrible odor instantly hit us , it was a mix between dirty homeless people and rotten food. which made sense because the most disgusting part was the fact that there was rotten McDonalds sitting on the table that was in the door way. there were bugs of all kinds crawling out of the food and we instantly closed the door and went to get the kid at the front desk. he looked surprised when we told him that the room was dirty but didnt once apologize and just told us to go to a different room. we did get another room, but this one wasnt much better. we found bugs on the walls, dirty sheets, and the door barely locked.
i'm going to come straight out and say this, this is the type of hotel that drug deals happen at and prostitutes come to have a hook up. the walls were thin enough that we heard people screaming and yelling till late in the morning. I was honestly scared that someone was going to come into our room. Worst experience of my life and i will have these nightmares for the rest of my life. this hotel needs to be shut down for so many reasons. i can't believe that they are still in business. do not, i repeat DO NOT GO HERE.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank ashley_eschbach8
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

There is a dirty path worn in the carpet on the floor in the lobby. That should be the first clue. We checked into Room 230 and the air conditioner didn't work. The guy at the front desk claimed "it worked last night." We checked into 227 where a live roach crawled across my leg while I rested on the bed. I flushed him down the toilet, alive. I'm sure that by now he is some kind of mutant roach, looking for revenge.

Don't stay here. Keep going down the road.

I would like to add, however, that I got good food at the Thai restaurant attached to the motel. It's called "Thai Friends."

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnnyNorthside
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

The staff here sucks. They aren't willing to help. The rooms are dirty. The a/c's in the rooms don't work. You can't get a refund even if you've only been in the room for 5 seconds. They don't even have a working ice machine. There pool is never open. There are bugs everywhere. The rooms look as nasty as the lobby does. The owners are nasty dot heads who just want to take your money. My advice, don't even think of staying here. The place truly needs to be shut down.

• Stayed June 2011
7 Thank drschmeman
Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

there is one employee i think he's gay there some monkey bussiness goin on in this hotel the owner needs to check all employee here and this hotel is so disgusting do not stay here all the employee skunk and trush not trained very rude when you call they dont know how to talk and they dont know how to deal with the costumers this gay need to kick out and the lady there

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sweetlady02
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
Days Inn & Suites Clermont
Days Inn & Suites Clermont
#11 of 17 in Clermont
Holiday Inn Express Clermont
Hampton Inn & Suites Clermont
WoodSpring Suites Orlando Clermont
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clermont
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Ocoee

Been to Palace Hotel Clermont? Share your experiences!