“Worst Hotel in the Area!”

Palace Hotel Clermont
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clermont
Palace Hotel Clermont
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Reviewed 25 July 2008

This hotel was the worst!...To start,,, bugs were crawling out of the toilet paper, spiders on the floor. Then we took the sheets down on the bed and there were live bugs in the bed..Not to mention blood stains on the sheets,,,,,PERIOD BLOOD!!!!. The pillows smelled of mildew, even spray cologne wouldnt hide the smell. The bathroom door wouldn't close. The room smelled. The hospitality of the employees was overwhemingly insulting. Because we had used the room they wouldn't give us another room, even after showing them the live bugs. We left at 11 pm to find another hotel and this place is going to be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank hardworkingcitizen

Reviewed 9 July 2006

I guess I will be the first to say that the Palace Hotel in Clermont was one of the finest hotels at a reasonable low price I ever stayed at. I stayed for a month with my wife and 2 children and the day we checked in, our A/C was blowing warm air. We went to the front desk and they said when maintenance comes in at 4pm, they will fix it. Sure enough, when maintenance came they checked it out and determined we needed a different one, so they put in a replacement which worked perfectly. My wife and kids sat at the pool, which is very nice and has an 8 1/2 foot deep end and a shallow end for kids. There also is a small wading pool for the little ones which I thought was nice and I never was at a hotel which had a deep pool like this one not to mention the little kids wading pool. I went and checked out a separate bar which was just opening up and located inside the lobby area which was very nice. On weekends they had a little karaoke type entertainment with bands and tables on a dance floor with more tables in the bar area. The owner of the bar was very nice and curteous to the customers, and everyone was nice including the bartenders and customers. There were no fights, no loud customers, and everyone was having a great time. I spent some days in the bar myself throughout my stay, wish I could have spent more but was financially strapped. I felt at home in this bar and am in fact vacationing this week and will be spending my stay again at the Palace Hotel and am told there is now food being served at this bar, so looks like I have my dining all figured out :) The room itself has a microwave and small fridge to keep your food or beverages cold and housekeeping cleans everyday which is nice. All in all, if you want to save a little money and have a curteous and friendly cleaning staff along with an excellent maintenance staff, this would be an excellent hotel even for the kids. The only downfall is there isn't many dining spots around, but you can have Pizza Hut or a few other dining spots have food delivered to your hotel room. Now I will be getting packed to spend my vacation and check in by the end of the week at this hotel I rate average. Thanks to the staff at the hotel and at the bar for making my stay for myself and my family a welcome and enjoyable one.

Josh