“Try the Heaven Roll!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2018

At the suggestion of some neighbors, we decided to try Akina for some sushi. My husband doesn't like traditional sushi/raw fish, so we chose a few of the Chef's Special Rolls. We tried four rolls, but the two that stood out were the Fireball Roll and the Heaven Roll. The Heaven Roll specifically, was my favorite, as it had a combination of shrimp, almonds and mango sauce. We arrived at 6:45 on a Friday night and it was crowded with a bit of a wait. Once seated, the waitress apologized for the wait and told us the kitchen was a little backed up. We didn't wait too long for our appetizer, and we were able to enjoy the spring rolls without being rushed. Prices were reasonable and we will visit here again.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Slow down a bit as you travel US27 on the south side of Clermont and look for this hidden gem. Located in a business strip center, its location on the corner of the building provides for a sun lit interior. Not too bright and the dark tables and comfortable chairs help to balance the ambiance. Before you get to your table and peruse a delightful menu you will notice the environment is maintained with care and no jacket or sweaters are needed. Once seated by the friendly and attentive wait staff you will want to spend a few minutes with the well laid out menu. My attention was drawn to the Pepper Steak lunch special and I was not to be disappointed. Lunch began with a wonderful bowl of hot and sour soup. The broth was hearty and the ingredients generous. I was then presented with my order of summer rolls. This appetizer is often named spring rolls in a Vietnamese restaurant and it contained the same ingredients found elsewhere. Served with a peanut sauce it was scrumptious. The Pepper Steak plate was among the best I have eaten. The steak was fork cutting tender, the vegetables crisp, and the sauce delicious. A side serving of fried rice was complimented with what I believe were sweet potato crispy curls. This was a treat and the cost was about $15.00. I'll be back for dinner one evening and enjoy yet another great eating experience.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately it was only at the end of our stay in Clermont when we found this sushi/Asian fusion restaurant. We went back three days in a row. Great sushi and Asian dishes, nice attentive service.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Met friends here for lunch. Seated immediately. Had a box of sushi. Well prepared. Others had lemon grass chicken and General Tso chicken. Good service. Very tasty but not exceptional.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I have visited several times, at different times of day and night. The food is always good, but the service is excruciatingly slow and inattentive. I believe the woman at the front is the manager. She has yet to greet myself or my guests in any way that makes one feel welcome. I only go when coworkers insist they want sushi. I try to steer them to Guru, an awesome Indian restaurant who's manager is warm and friendly. Dinner is way over-priced, but this is the only decent Japanese food in the area.