“Great Asian Food”

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I visited Akina recently with my wife and we enjoyed our meal very much. The restaurant is located on the west side of Hwy 27 near Hartwood Marsh Rd. We were greeted with a smile immediately as we arrived. We were shown to our table and our server was very friendly.
The menu includes dishes from several different Asian cuisines. They have a good list of sushi rolls, Chinese dishes, Japanese Teriyaki dishes, and some Thai dishes as well. I ordered a Chinese dish and my wife ordered a Japanese dish. We did not try the sushi, but I have been told it is good. Our food arrived in a reasonable amount of time and it was fresh and warm. We really enjoyed our meal. The main dishes were especially good. We ordered spring rolls and soup, which were good, but the main courses were even better.
The restaurant was clean and well-maintained. I would highly recommend Akina.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank TravelerCentralFLA

Reviewed 6 September 2018

The Lemon Grass Chicken was excellent. It was nicely seasoned, with ginger and basil, and included green peppers, red sweet peppers, zucchini, rice , onions, and lemon grass. Margie was our server, and was very friendly, and helpful. She served my wife and me tea out of a pot, left on the table. All the portions were huge. We took half of our dinner home for the next day's meal. Really enjoyed it.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We visit Akina frequently, and it is our go-to for most special occasions. The food is great, and there are several vegan options on the menu. Prices are reasonable. Atmosphere is most pleasant, and service is friendly. This restaurant checks all the boxes.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Consistently great
food and great service. Shrimp with eggplant is one of my husband's favorites. I like just about everything! One friend consistently gets General Tso's chicken and loves it

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Always a treat when I go here. Sushi rolls made to order and always fresh. Usually get a roll or two with my entree. This time I just pinged out on edamame, fried calamari and some wonderful sushi rolls.

The temptation roll is one of the best I've ever eaten. So good!!

Small but clean atmosphere and good service. There are cheaper places around for sushi but they can't hold a candle, or chopstick, to Akina.

Date of visit: July 2018