“Good value with a day pass!”

Billie Swamp Safari
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Clewiston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Billie Swamp Safari is located on the Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation. Swamp Buggy Eco-Tours and Airboat Rides depart daily through 2,200 acres of untamed Everglades with abundant native and exotic wildlife. Alligator wrestling call for show times. Enjoy a Snake Show, Wildlife Critter Show, Free viewing of reptile and animal exhibits. Free boardwalk nature trail and petting zoo. Full service Swamp Water Cafe opened daily 7am - 6pm. Stay overnight in an authentic Seminole Chickee on the water for two or dorm chickee for 8-12 guests. VIP Exclusive tours offered.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our first airboat tour and buggy ride was awesome...our guide was not too talkative but was nice...we did not see any gators on either tours but saw a lot of different wildlife. We did not see any shows as we ran out of time. I suggest booking the whole day for this trip.

1  Thank rolliecoaster16

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a blast over the Memorial Day holiday. Not too crowded so we actually went on 2 airboat rides. What a blast, who knew there were Water Buffalo there , that was even cooler than the alligators. We really enjoyed the swamp buggy ride and when the first bus filled up they called for another driver as did they for the airboat , so people were not waiting a lot in the heat. Everyone there was friendly and professional. One member Colin ( I remember his name because that is my son's name too) did a great and creepy snake show and also advised one fr lack a a mean word "silly" tourist ABSOLUTELY NOT when he attempted to reach out a touch a small raccoon who was playing in the garbage. CUTE but really sharp teeth!! Luckily he got the point and was able to continue the tour without an injury!!!!
The snack bar was so well air conditioned it was a great joy to come in there after the swamp buggy ride. I recommend everyone try the Indian HOT DOG it is FABULOUS so awesome, yes it is a hot dog but it is not an Oscar Meyer little run of the mill dog. It is a big probably 1 think dog wrapped in fry bread and WOW is all I can say $7.00 and well worth every penny considering that at a hockey or basketball game you pay $8.00 for an average regular junkie dog.
They have a cool water cooler for everyone to get hydrated . They could probably use a few more things to look at , maybe some native art or clothing or maybe as my kids suggested a kids casino with some arcade games that they can win tickets to while the adults are in the real casino they have on site. I would recommend this , if you can go when it is cooler probably better to see more animals, the gators keep in the water pretty much in the heat. This was a fun thing to do , my kids 16& 12 enjoyed it.

1  Thank mamashuz
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We got there early which is the best time to go if you want to see alligators. They lie on the banks until it gets too hot then they go into the water. We had Andrew as our guide and he was superb, very polite, informative and accommodating. I recommend the full day package because you can ride the airboat and buggy as much as you want and there are $10 off coupons online. We went on the airboat twice and had a completely different experience both times. The second time we had a different driver and got quite a ride. It was much faster and more of a thrill. Next we went I. The buggy and had Sarah as a driver. She was full of interesting facts. There is a critter show where you can hold an alligator and take pictures and a snake show. There is also alligator wrestling but they were not running it when we were there. I guess call ahead if this is important to you. We had already seen it so it wasn't a big deal. We paid about $100 for 2 adults and 1 child for all day passes and that seemed to be a good deal when compared to some other 2 hr airboat tours. They have a little restaurant that has a nice place to eat by the water. It's a little pricey for the type of food it is but The Indian dog was pretty good! I would definitely go back and recommend to a friend.

2  Thank JHeleniak
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were at Billie's Swamp Safari for an air-boat ride. For $25, we had a ride that was supposed to be for 20 minutes, but was a few minutes short of that. The first animal we saw was a water buffalo, which the driver sped by and ignored. He stopped for nesting birds and a small alligator. He told us very little about our surroundings and couldn't wait to get us back to the dock. He told us to be careful getting in and out of the boat, but didn't offer any help.

I have been on other air-boat rides and would not recommend this one.

5  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Every time I go to visit my son in Miami we choose a different place to visit. This time we went to the swamp. None of us had done this before and thought it would cost a fortune to get into one of those air boats. To our surprise for $50.00 we not only got to get into the air boat but also took the boogie ride. Both rides were very exciting and fun. Our tour guides took the time to explain the area, the animals and any history of the area they knew. We had a great run on both as there weren't that many people. They had other animals in the area like a Florida panther and 2 huge turtles.
The park has a convenient cafeteria that serves the basics with attentive and friendly staff. They are adding more attractions so I expect to visit again when ready.
The park is in the middle of the Seminole area and it is a very interesting ride into it.
I recommend this place 100%.

1  Thank SophiePR