“Nice place to stay while the husband fishes”

Best Western Of Clewiston
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clewiston
“Nice place to stay while the husband fishes”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We came down to stay while my husband went fishing for a few days. Pool said it was heated, but it is definately not heated. Kids braved the cool pool temps for small time periods. Stay was friendly and felt safe on the premises with the kids. Breakfast was not bad for a free one. No cook on site, just heat and serve food

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Dhchris
vivian clewisto... p, Manager at Best Western Of Clewiston, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Let me start by thanking you for presenting this survey, it is only this way that I can keep myself informed of the issues my clients have when visiting our property.

I am happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and the cleanliness of our room, unfortunately our pool is not heated and I will make sure that misguidance in corrected.

Thank you again for your time and this wonderful review, look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Vivian Perez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Staff was very nice and helpful and accomodating. I felt right at home. The room was big and comfortable. I would stay here again. We were pleased with the size of the room. Breakfast was adequate. The parking was also very nice. We could see our car from our room and it was such we did not worry about getting our doors dinged.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hallie M
vivian clewisto... p, Manager at Best Western Of Clewiston, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Good afternoon,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to
fill out this trip advisor survey, It is word of mouth that
is our number 1 marketing tool...

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff
was accommodating we would love to have you return
and contact me personally for your future reservations..

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here two nights in September 2013. Overall, it's a decent place to stay. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable... that's the most important thing, right?

The free breakfast left a lot to be desired... the eggs were dry, they had cereal but no milk, no breakfast meats, and a stale cheese Danish. I went down the road a little bit to a great McDonalds. There is also a Burger King next door, but I am not into their breakfast.

The only bad things really were not a big deal, but the door handle to my room was a little loose and sometimes a little difficult to open from the outside. Not a big deal at all. There was some noise from some trucks around 7AM, that probably would not be an issue on the other side of the hotel. (My room was near the larger parking spots for trucks or cars with trailers). Next time I am in Clewiston, I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room that is on the side facing Burger King... probably a little quieter in the morning.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jaxbert
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were in south central Florida to visit friends, but needed a place to stay. From a small number of properties I chose the Best Western property. We were made welcome at checkin, the property was clean, and the service was good. The room was comfortable and the bed was VERY comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank patriciaa486
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here for one night and never again. Arrived fairly late and tired phone started ringing at 3am but nobody on the other end. The red light flashing as though message awaiting but front desk say no message and cannot cancel th red light which flashed forthe rest of the night and into the next morning. Went to breakfast and then could not get back into the room because the lock battery had gone flat. Had to wait until lock dismantled and reprogrammed before we could use room and check out. In addition to the above it was generrally tired with a lot of accumulated dust in the corners and desk light would not work. Attention to detail is clearly an issue with housekeeping because all bu the phone call could have been prevented.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Relaxed T
vivian clewisto... p, Manager at Best Western Of Clewiston, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
I am very sorry Mrs. Reynolds, but unfortunately you did have a bad experience which usually does not ocurr.... I wish I had an answer to make up for the bad experience, but all I can offer
you is a chance to return and give us a second chance.

I do offer you a 35% discound on a return visit and I promise you will not have all the situations
you already encountered re-occur...

I am sorry and I do hope you return to us

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I know Clewiston is a small town but there has to be better hotels than this best Western. My wife is absolutely disgusted with bugs. And when she stepped on a Huge roach on the bathroom floor at 3 AM she screamed loud enough to wake up the whole hotel. i killed two large spiders and several ants but I dared not to tell my wife. Unfortunately our schedule was so tight that getting back to the hotel and crashing out left no time to look for another hotel. The hotel next-door looked a lot newer but it's hard to say if they have a bug problem too.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank MNC20
vivian clewisto... p, General Manager at Best Western Of Clewiston, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Good Afternoon,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of running into an insect in the room,
I would like to remind you that we are in the swamp area of Florida and we are
in a very rainy season.

I will make sure we address these issues with our maintenance and have already
contacted our exterminating company.

I hope that we see you in the future and if so will offer you a discounted rate.

General MAnager
Honaker, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Will stay in this hotel every time. What can I say the best is the best. The hotel staff goes to great lengths to make you as comfortable as is reasonable. The pool is nice and well maintained. The Hotel is easy to find and located right next to a major food chain.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business