Best Western Of Clewiston
  • Pool
Econo Lodge(Okeechobee)
US$77
US$75
Best Western Lake Okeechobee(Okeechobee)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsburger kingsmall townroom was cleangreat hotelawesome staffwould recommend this hotel to anyonebelle gladeneeded roomshot breakfastfront desk staffbiscuitsvivianmotelwalmartinternetfloridacleanliness
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Being on vacation and night owls, we planned to sleep in during our 7 day stay; on our first morning, we were awoken at 9, 11, and 12 by the cleaning staff who knocked FOUR TIMES before trying their key - which would have told them someone was inside. As we had no "do not disturb" sign, we went to the front desk to request one.

They would not give us one, as they claimed troublemakers would regularly come in and switch the signs to other rooms. We instead left a message with the front desk requesting service at 1 pm - a time we knew we would be awake and before the maids' departure at 2 pm. Unfortunately, that note was not heeded and once again we had housekeeping repeatedly waking us up in the morning by knocking over and over before simply trying the lock.

Moreover, instead of waiting any amount of time, twice we were awoken by knocking on the door only to receive a call less than ten minutes later waking us up AGAIN.

Of course, it didn't help that all of the exterior doors, which require key cards, were NEVER actually locked. All but one of the doors are too light to shut themselves, and the one door that does self-close has a rubber mat just inside the door, which we removed from the door daily as it was propped open nearly every night. Had any staff member bothered to walk around the building....ever...this issue of "people messing with signs" could be resolved.

Furthermore, when we went to do laundry and realized the price of 1.50 per load AND per dry, there is no change machine anywhere on the premise. When we requested change from the front desk, they could "only spare 2$", leaving us short of doing even a single wash and dry!

We plan to never stay here again and would recommend travelers check out the Holiday Inn Express next door.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sabin1001
vivian clewisto... p, Manager at Best Western Of Clewiston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

January 3, 2014

I would like to thank you for presenting this survey, It is only this way that I can find out what experience my guests have had during there stay. I do however wish to apologize to you for
the situations that lead to your discontent with our property.

I would like to have the opportunity to make it up to you by offering you a discount upon your return to our property and will definitely make sure these issues do not come up again.

Again I do sincerely apologize and will make sure that all these issues are immediately addressed so that no other client will goi through the same problems.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We came down to stay while my husband went fishing for a few days. Pool said it was heated, but it is definately not heated. Kids braved the cool pool temps for small time periods. Stay was friendly and felt safe on the premises with the kids. Breakfast was not bad for a free one. No cook on site, just heat and serve food

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Dhchris

Let me start by thanking you for presenting this survey, it is only this way that I can keep myself informed of the issues my clients have when visiting our property.

I am happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and the cleanliness of our room, unfortunately our pool is not heated and I will make sure that misguidance in corrected.

Thank you again for your time and this wonderful review, look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Staff was very nice and helpful and accomodating. I felt right at home. The room was big and comfortable. I would stay here again. We were pleased with the size of the room. Breakfast was adequate. The parking was also very nice. We could see our car from our room and it was such we did not worry about getting our doors dinged.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hallie M
vivian clewisto... p, Manager at Best Western Of Clewiston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Good afternoon,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to
fill out this trip advisor survey, It is word of mouth that
is our number 1 marketing tool...

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff
was accommodating we would love to have you return
and contact me personally for your future reservations..

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were in south central Florida to visit friends, but needed a place to stay. From a small number of properties I chose the Best Western property. We were made welcome at checkin, the property was clean, and the service was good. The room was comfortable and the bed was VERY comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank patriciaa486
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here for one night and never again. Arrived fairly late and tired phone started ringing at 3am but nobody on the other end. The red light flashing as though message awaiting but front desk say no message and cannot cancel th red light which flashed forthe rest of the night and into the next morning. Went to breakfast and then could not get back into the room because the lock battery had gone flat. Had to wait until lock dismantled and reprogrammed before we could use room and check out. In addition to the above it was generrally tired with a lot of accumulated dust in the corners and desk light would not work. Attention to detail is clearly an issue with housekeeping because all bu the phone call could have been prevented.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Relaxed T
vivian clewisto... p, Manager at Best Western Of Clewiston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

I am very sorry Mrs. Reynolds, but unfortunately you did have a bad experience which usually does not ocurr.... I wish I had an answer to make up for the bad experience, but all I can offer
you is a chance to return and give us a second chance.

I do offer you a 35% discound on a return visit and I promise you will not have all the situations
you already encountered re-occur...

I am sorry and I do hope you return to us