“Old Florida Charm & Hospitality Must See lounge mural even if you're passing thru!”
Review of Clewiston Inn

Clewiston Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Clewiston
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We live in West Palm and decided to drive out for the day. I always liked driving thru Clewiston, it's like time has stopped there, it was my first visit that I explored.

We stopped by to see the Mural painted in 1945 on the walls of the lounge and stayed for drinks. Valerie, our hostess and bartender, made us feel welcome and at home.

We decided to get a room after a couple of drinks and honestly, I just liked the place. With wood trim and comfy furniture, it's just inviting.

The room was friendly, gorgeous sleigh bed, all the amenities, fridge, coffee etc. And without a toothbrush, they even managed to dig up those scope disposable brushes.

This Inn, in true sense of the word, is charming and a treasure!!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank goinintl407

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A group of us were staying here because they were doing a program at the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Seminole Indian Museum. It was about a 30 min drive but still the closest hotel. It was a older hotel but nice. They offered a breakfast and was close to a few restaurants. I would stay again!

Room Tip: Clean and quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Clewiston Inn last night (Suite 238) and completely enjoyed the sincerely caring front desk attendant(Valerie). She proudly told us about the hotel, the upcoming Sugar Festival, and took attention to personal details with heart. The suite came equipped with small refrigerator, microwave....and all the comforts of a "new" hotel but with the character and history from the 30's.
I didn't read about the ghosts, and sure didn't encounter any.... but bet they'd have terrific stories from centuries gone by.

Room Tip: Suite 238 was great...you do hear some traffic noise.The hotel is on a major corridor for transporta...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We just finished a 6 night stay at the Clewiston Inn. We had booked the room at $110/night which is high by our standards, but low compared to most others in the area - apparently this is a high demand time for fishing - we were there to bird. When we arrived, we found that the breakfast, which had been advertised as a hot breakfast and rated well on Trip Advisor, wasn't available because of a major kitchen failure which had shut it down for the foreseeable future. We thought of leaving, but asked the morning clerk if we could get a reduced rate. She was very pleasant and helpful and brought the rate down to $79/night. At that rate, it became a good enough deal to stay for 5 more nights and she made the rate retroactive to include the night we had already stayed. The room itself had a comfortable king bed, but was small. It had a good size refrigerator and microwave which both worked. The sink was in the room and was large and had a shelf over it to place things. The bathroom and tub were a tight squeeze, but the shower worked well and had plenty of room. We had no other issues, and there were good restaurants nearby for breakfast if you wanted or we just ate in our room. If I were spending lots of time in the room, I'd probably want more space, but since we were gone most all of every day, it worked for us at that price. Again - the desk staff was very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChrisF001
Reviewed 4 March 2014

When we first pulled up it looked kind of cool. It was an old place and had over 200 rooms. The front desk clerk was nice. The rooms were small but the beds were nice. There is a refrigerator and microwave in every room. I never seen any ghosts. The kitchen had a problem and was not open for our stay. Which we should have gotten a discount because that is one of the main reasons we stayed there. It isn't a regular small breakfast from what I understand. The evening desk clerk was also very nice. We were staying there with a group and some of them stayed in the little apartments behind the inn. There is a park across the streat. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Well there are a few that are spooked but I didn't notice anything. The beds were pillow top and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Very beautiful and well maintained building decorated to when it was built in the 1930s. Comfortable rooms, very clean but a bit noisy. Could hear people talking next door.
Reasonably priced at 99.00 plus tax

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We visited Clewiston Florida for our annual trip and we stayed at the Inn again. The Inn is clean and in the center of town.
The room are small when you place a king bed in them but my preference. I don't like room service but the maid was always lad to restock our towels when I saw her. The toilet would get on my nerves. when you sat on it in a certain way you would here water running. reported as we left. There as washer and dryer that I used a few times, vending machines were in there, the glass on machines needed cleaning (very dusty) We were given complementary breakfast at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't know which rooms are better but wifi comes and go. We stayed on side first floor, easy par...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple