“Short stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Riviera Beach, Florida, United States
“Short stay”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I needed a motel that was close to I95, inexpensive, and available on short notice for Memorial Day weeked, to use as a head start on a trip to NC. Found the last room on line. The lobby was in disarray, but the check in person was great. My room was very clean. There was a lot of foot and auto traffic for part of the night. Not really an issue for me, but an FYI for other travelers. My room was very close the the IHOP next door. That is a plus for travelers that want coffee or breakfast and not have to make a stop after checkout, but it might be a problem for others that want to sleep in or expect more quiet surroundings. All in all, my experience was favorable and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter and there is more room for parking.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We moved to the area in October and had to stay a few nights but 3 hours we left and went to the one on Cocoa Beach and was way happier. For the same company it is completely 2 different worlds.

Rude staff, dirty rooms, and for non-smoking it was HORRIBLE in smell.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank CEC_Jason

Travellers are raving about these Cocoa hotels

Las Vegas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

we stayed here one night after returning from a cruise we would have stayed at the motel 6 on cocoa beach but they did not have any clean rooms ready and told us to return later after 5 this was not a option for us because we were going to go on the casino cruise that evening and we wanted to relax and freshen up so we drove out west to the motel on king street near I=95 they had rooms ready but with only a couple people in line check in took 30 minutes we parked near our room which was by the small pool and at the same time 2 cop cars arrived it seemed like there was a problem with someones pit bull but the cops left soon it seemed that there was a lot of long term residents and some shady characters hanging around the room was ok for one nights stay it was older and dated but fairly clean and everything worked the pool looked ok but did not have time to use it there was a I Hop restaurant on property that we walked to for a late night meal and was decent

Room Tip: I would only stay here again if desperate for a room but if I did I would reccomend a room in the fr...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
PADEN
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

The lady that checked my daughter and I in was very nice and friendly. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The only negative point was the AC was set and could not be changed. The pool was nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Moses Lake, WA
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Making a wrong turn on the interstate at 2am after having spent 7 hours on a plane and driving another 3 hours we were looking for a place to grab something to eat, get our bearings straight, a couple hours of sleep and a shower. We went to the IHop next door and decided to stay here.
As we were checking in thought there was going to be a fight in the parking lot.
We grabbed our luggage and went to our room, quickly locking the doors.
Not quite sure we should have left our nice rental car in the parking lot. Thought about parking it in the truck stop across the street where all the Sheriff cars were...
The room was clean enough but needed some serious updating. The bedspreads looked like something my brothers had in the 60's.
The lady on duty at check in was friendly for the middle of the night but the lady when checking out was very rude when I asked for directions she told me there was a map on the wall go look at it.
I have stayed at Motel 6 on occasions before and this was definitely not up to the usual standards.
You get what you pay for...I'm not sure I got my $49.95 worth!!

Room Tip: Go on down the road & pay a little extra. It may be right off the interstate and on King St but...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MoreBeaches8
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here for a couple of weeks. The rooms by the pool are where you need to stay if your a family. The ones in the back are where the drug dealers and worse stay!! They stay to themselves. But the cops are there a lot. The pool was great. Having the truck stop across the street was nice and ihop and waffle house right there. We finally started venturing out and found lots of places to go. The room was clean and nice. Unfortunate that the drug dealers are ruining this place. It has potential. Watch out if you have a dog if you walk it in the back. There are needles all over.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Bearswife93
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Did not stay here, but was traveling with my family of eight and our camper, needed a place to park for the ihop next door...manager said he'd have to think about letting us park there....said he would start timing us thirty minutes..we said no thanks. The ihop, however, was very accomodating, and the food there was very good.

Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa
Best Western Cocoa Inn
Campbell Motel
Campbell Motel
#4 of 10 in Cocoa

Been to Motel 6 Cocoa Fl? Share your experiences!