All reviewsfront deskcinnamon rollsthe breakfast areapool and hot tubconference centercomplimentary breakfastthis place is a gemclean hotelstaff was friendlya great place to stayeach morningkennedy space centernice poolfirst floormerritt islandlindamcdonalds
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed 4 days, 3 nights here. We have family all over Brevard county, this is a convenient location and they do have very comfortable beds. But...this hotel caught on fire shortly after it opened and was closed for years. I don't believe it EVER should have reopened. Windows leak, our a/c in both rooms (310/312) leaked. Our first room (310) had a leaky a/c, toilet backed-up and was not cleaned for 2 days. We asked for a CLEAN room after 2 days and took (312). Only time we saw the 3rd floor maid was when we saw her cleaning an occupied room while looking through the drawers! Smelled like mildew and front desk clerk said all the a/c's had leaked at one time and was an ongoing problem. Neighborhood kids jumped pool fence and started fighting, breaking rope in pool and ran away when we reported to front desk. No cameras outside, broken sprinklers spraying water everywhere. Front desk staff is wonderful and tried very hard to keep things going. We will never stay here again. I will stay at the Titusville, Holiday Inn, it's newer, much nicer and in a safer area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Denise S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with us. I'm truly delighted you found our front desk staff commendable and pleased our location suited you well. I am disappointed to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, and apologize for the unusual conditions of the rooms you received. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention and rest assured, these issues will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We enjoyed every part of our 3 day, 2 night stay. We booked direct an received the $81.00 plus tax rate. This included very good hot breakfast's. I liked the egg omelet and sausage with a bagel and cream cheese and strawberry preserve. The apple juice and cold milk was a treat too. Our room had two comfortable queen beds. The bathroom was nice and the the shower was great. We enjoy the WI-FI and could search the Cocoa Beach area for interesting places to go. We had requested a quiet room away from the Highway , which we were given #231 and perfect. The pool and grounds are beautiful" picture perfect".The girls at the front deck were the best and caring. The Kitchen managers were wonderful also. The Restaurant and Hotel were kept spotless.
All of our attractions were within 10 miles. We liked going to the Cocoa Beach Pier at 4 for the happy hours till 7. Chrisy loved the thrift shops on Merritt Island and Hwy #1.
We do recommend staying here and we wll be returning again.
Our thanks the the great staff. Bill and Chris Long

Room Tip: "Ask for a room away from the Highway, but it is a quiet hotel.Rooms on the west end are quieter. NICE AREA RESTAURANTS ARE APPLEBEE'S AND SUNSET GRILLE ON HWY #520.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BILL L
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for your kind review!

We are pleased to see you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. It is our goal to provide manicured, safe facilities for our guests, such as our pool and courtyard area, as well as provide the cleanliness our guests expect in their guest rooms. Our location is convenient to Cocoa Beach and Merritt Island, and our staff is more than happy to make recommendations for restaurants, shopping, and sight-seeing.

We appreciate your recommendation, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Don't stay here unless you want to have your car broken into and have items stolen from it! Recently stayed here this past weekend only to be woken up to find out that my vehicle, which was parked in the first row RIGHT in front of the front doors, had been broken into over night, 4 other vehicles were also broken in to. Of course the hotel is not responsible for anything but they also DON'T have cameras outside that monitor the parking lot. It is a pretty isolated location and though next to an interstate it is off of a side road. I know I won't be staying here again and wouldn't recommend staying here to anyone else unless they too want to have their cars broken into!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 4 June 2012

When I was traveling, I chose to book a room at a different hotel because I was told this hotel wasn't open yet. After staying at a different hotel in the same town for 20 minutes, I checked out and dragged myself to this Holiday Inn, practically begging for a room! The girl at the front desk was FABULOUS and was able to get us a room for the 5 nights we would be in the area. The rooms were immaculate. The beds were super comfy. The breakfast and coffee were both delicious. Above all, the staff at this hotel are top notch. I try to stay at Holiday Inn as often as possible and this is the very reason why. I have never met such friendly, helpful people while traveling. From the breakfast folks to the housekeeping staff---all were fantastic!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
3  Thank Guillen H

Thank you for your review!

We are happy we were able to accommodate you. We are also pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and our friendly employees. Our staff strives to provide a great stay, and we know how important our attitude is to your comfort. We aim to treat each and every guest like family.

We hope to see you again in future travels!

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Just wanted to let everyone know about my great experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa, Florida. I spent 16 nights at this hotel. From top to bottom the staff was very professional. My room was cleaned by Shawn and her crew when ever I needed and how much I needed. The front desk always has a smile for me as I came and went. I was traveling with a small baby and Melissa, Angela, Sarah and Mark always made us feel welcome. Often times Melissa would hold my baby so that I could get a cup of coffee. She even gave me a blanket which my baby snuggles up to every night. The morning breakfast crew was great as well. After 10 days at the hotel I asked Angie (a manager) if we could revise my rate. She checked with the Chiraz (GM) and he was agreeable. Chiraz always had a smile for us. Linda (assistant manager) would stop what she was doing just to say hello. Traveling is not always easy. The crew at this hotel really make you feel at home. The facility is also very clean. My only complaint would be that the area surrounding the hotel is not great. However, it is right off the highway and the property is big enough to make the surrounding area not an issue.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank EileenW685

Thank you for your kind review!

Our goal is to treat every guest like family at our property, especially when we have those special families who stay with us a little longer. We also try our best to be flexible and understanding of the unique circumstances that brings guests to our hotel. Our general manager, Chirag, and Director of Sales, Angie, are always willing to work with guests who are anticipating a longer stay. We want to make you feel at home when you're away from home!

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again sometime in the future.