“Great hotel, comfortable and clean.”

Holiday Inn Express Cocoa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Great hotel, very comfortable and clean, immaculate bathroom. Swimming pool was lovely. Breakfast was average though, slightly surprised with that given that it's a Holiday Inn (albeit an 'Express')... plastic cutlery and paper plates and limited healthy options. But overall it more than met our needs. Great location, surrounded by many restaurants and fast food chains.There's no restaurant or bar at this hotel (slightly surprised at lack of at least a bar). A rental car is essential here, would have been stranded without one. Cocoa village a short drive away and lovely beaches about 30 mins drive, Orlando/Disney etc not too far - Epcot was about a 90 minute drive - be prepared for lots of toll roads.

Room Tip: Go for poolside view if possible
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your room.

Our complimentary breakfast complies with the standards determined by Intercontinental Hotels Group, setting specific guidelines for the food items offered, and the use of disposable plates and cutlery makes it convenient for guests to take their breakfast to go. As a Holiday Inn Express, we do not have the facilities for a full restaurant or bar, per rules set by IHG and the Holiday Inn Express brand. We apologize that these facilities did not fully meet your expectations during your stay.

We appreciate your input, and hope to see you again during a future stay.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Everything looks new and the staff was very friendly. Very convenient to I-95. HD TV's and more importantly, HD service. I travel a lot and highly recommend this property. Excellent business center with 2 PC's that don't have a lot of junk on them.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on a friendly staff and services to make our guests feel right at home. With a large body of business travelers, we understand the importance of computer access, and strive to maintain the safety and efficiency of our business center computers.

Again, we appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed one night before our cruise. Pros: ok price... nice pool...washer and dryer... nice desk staff... nice bathroom~~~ Cons: one slow elevator... A/C in room was loud and spitting water out of the vents... musty smelly room... Group of teenagers UNSUPERVISED running around the hotel taking over the exercise room, elevator, and pool area... Numerous complaints made to staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.

With numerous options available for travelers, we make the effort to remain competitive in rates while maintaining the level of service our guests expect. As a smaller property, we only provide one elevator in addition to the property stairwells. The air conditioning units receive frequent use, especially during summer months, and we check them routinely for maintenance concerns; however, with heavy usage the frequency of these concerns can increase. We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate this being brought to our attention.

When we have large groups in house, every effort is made to ensure that minors have chaperones supervising them. Our fitness center and pool also have strict rules that anyone under 18 requires supervision from an adult at all times. We can assure all guests that our staff proactively works to solve these situations when they arise.

We value your input, and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express with my husband and two little boys. My first impression of the hotel was that there was nothing really of interest nearby, just a McDonald's. My very next impression was "nice lobby". They have some modern furniture that looks cool, but not very comfortable.

Unfortunately my very next thought was "Eww! That is disgusting!". I took my son into the bathroom to change his clothes in one of the stalls and there was a giant crap storm all over the toilet. It must've taken some carefully planning to make that big of a mess. When I told the woman at the front desk, she just smiled she knew and didn't want to be reminded of it. I felt bad for whoever had the job cleaning that mess up.

As for our room, I must say that it was free. My dad used his Priority Club points to get it for us. So I can't comment on the pricing. But we did like the room. We had two queen beds, two TVs, a fridge, microwave and a couch where you cold watch the other TV. The beds were comfortable and came with four nice pillows each. I like to use one for my head, one for my knees and one to squeeze with my arms, so that made me happy. There was plenty of room on each bed for a parents and a child. The sheets were pretty nice too.

It was great having a fridge because we could bring food from home to save money on snacks and lunch. It was big enough to hold several drinks, a to-go box, some bagels and a few snacks. The microwave was a good size too.

The room was very clean overall, but I was a little grossed out that the vent in the bathroom was very dusty and filled with bugs. One morning I actually found a couple of bugs floating the toilet. I don't think the housekeeping staff ever cleans it. They should because it takes away from the cleanliness of the rest of the bathroom.

I tried to call Housekeeping about getting a 4th bath towel, but the hotel phone didn't connect me. Instead it called the Sales department and no one picked up. However, when I called the front desk about it, they said they would take care of it. I also was disappointed that the ice machine on the 3rd floor wasn't working and I had no idea that I needed my room key to use it. So I ended up running all over for one bucket of ice.

We stayed for two nights and really appreciated having breakfast waiting for us downstairs. Breakfast is from 6:30-9:30, which is reasonable, but we almost didn't make it in time. They pretty much turned off all the warmers, emptied them and the juice station right at 9:30. One woman came down just after 9:30 and the person on staff didn't do anything to help her. She didn't have to get her anything, but if she had, I would've been impressed. I tried the biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs and it was pretty good after some pepper and hot sauce (for the eggs). My husband and older son loved the pancake maker. You push a button and it makes a pancake for you and spits it out off a conveyor belt. They also have toast and cereal available.

While we were in town, we went to the Kennedy Space Center in Titusville. It was the reason for the trip. It took us about 30 minutes to drive to KSC from the hotel. I believe there's another Holiday Inn that's just a few minutes from KSC, but it's not an Express, so they don't have a complimentary breakfast. Cocoa doesn't seem to have any good food to offer, unless you go out to the beach, or settle for McDonald's or Burger King(which was inside the gas station. weird.). It looks like the other Holiday Inn has a lot better food options, so you'd probably be fine without the free breakfast.

Overall, I thought this hotel was okay. If we go back to the Kennedy Space Center, though, we'll probably stay at the other location. One of my favorite things about vacation is getting to eat out and try new food and this part Cocoa has nothing to offer in that way.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor; the elevators are so slow. None of the rooms have a good view. There...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your time in reviewing our property.

We regret to see that your first impression of our hotel was not up to standards. Our staff is trained to remain friendly and pleasant even in response to unpleasant scenarios; we apologize that this was misconstrued as apathy in this situation.

Thank you for your thoughts on the room amenities and cleanliness. We always use our guests' feedback to improve our service, and the inconveniences you encountered have been brought to the attention of the housekeeping staff to make sure that similar situations do not occur in the future.

There are several traditional sit-down food options near to the property, and we encourage all of our guests to speak with Guest Services to explore these options. There is a wide variety to choose from, and we are more than happy to help guests find selections that suit their tastes and budget.

Once again, we appreciate your time in sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was hoping to stay on the beach or closer to Kennedy Space Center when we visited so my son could attend Space Camp. But I couldn't afford those locations. So I took a chance on this hotel. I don't think I will ever stay at any other hotel in this area!! We arrived at the hotel super early. The front desk person was so friendly and not only checked us in right away, but also offered free samples of name brand products!! This was great because I forgot to pack deodorant! Our room looked exactly like the room in the pictures on TripAdvisor. It was fresh and new and really nice. We had a fridge and microwave that was so helpful!!

My son was excited about the breakfast bar. I was nervous he would be let down. But it was way more than I expected!! Pancakes, eggs, mini muffins, sausage gravy and biscuits!! This saved our family of 5 a ton of money on our trip. I thought this was a great central location. About 15 minutes to Kennedy Space Center, 15 minutes to Cocoa Beach (it's on 520 and 520 will dump you right in the ocean if you let it!) There was a Sam's Club, McDonald's and Burger King within a city block. There is a mall type place about 15 minutes south as well (The Avenue in Viera which was wonderful). This was such a great central location!

I am the worst hotel sleeper. I usually bring my own pillows and I never sleep. I was able to sleep through the night the first night without my own pillows!! That's how comfortable the bed and pillows were. Plenty of pillows for our whole family (and I use 3 by myself!). I found the bed very comfortable and liked that they were queen sized. We also had a twin air mattress in the room and there was plenty of space for it.

What blew me away the most was the staff. The front desk staff were always smiling and always attentive to us. The cleaning staff knocked on our door every day. We would ask that they come back at 3pm. When we returned, even if we were gone less than an hour, our room was clean. The cleaning crew even left new soap and shampoo everyday, even if we didn't use it. So there was always plenty. The pool was fun and I liked that there were separate pool towels. The staff also created towel animals on the front desk which my 5 year old loved! It was just a sweet added touch.

This is an excellent and very affordable stay. I would very highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor which had high ceilings which was very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

One of our most important goals is to be flexible and accommodating. We are more than happy to provide a complimentary early check-in when the room is available. We keep numerous amenities in stock, from razors and shaving cream to deodorant and combs, for when these little items get overlooked. We use fresh, updated linens and bedding for our guest rooms, and all items are down-free in consideration of our guests with sensitivities to feathers.

We appreciate your thoughts on our staff. It is our mission to provide friendly, attentive service to all of our guests, and we make every effort to meet the various needs of a diverse customer base.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again during a future stay.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed 4 days, 3 nights here. We have family all over Brevard county, this is a convenient location and they do have very comfortable beds. But...this hotel caught on fire shortly after it opened and was closed for years. I don't believe it EVER should have reopened. Windows leak, our a/c in both rooms (310/312) leaked. Our first room (310) had a leaky a/c, toilet backed-up and was not cleaned for 2 days. We asked for a CLEAN room after 2 days and took (312). Only time we saw the 3rd floor maid was when we saw her cleaning an occupied room while looking through the drawers! Smelled like mildew and front desk clerk said all the a/c's had leaked at one time and was an ongoing problem. Neighborhood kids jumped pool fence and started fighting, breaking rope in pool and ran away when we reported to front desk. No cameras outside, broken sprinklers spraying water everywhere. Front desk staff is wonderful and tried very hard to keep things going. We will never stay here again. I will stay at the Titusville, Holiday Inn, it's newer, much nicer and in a safer area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Denise S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with us. I'm truly delighted you found our front desk staff commendable and pleased our location suited you well. I am disappointed to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, and apologize for the unusual conditions of the rooms you received. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention and rest assured, these issues will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We enjoyed every part of our 3 day, 2 night stay. We booked direct an received the $81.00 plus tax rate. This included very good hot breakfast's. I liked the egg omelet and sausage with a bagel and cream cheese and strawberry preserve. The apple juice and cold milk was a treat too. Our room had two comfortable queen beds. The bathroom was nice and the the shower was great. We enjoy the WI-FI and could search the Cocoa Beach area for interesting places to go. We had requested a quiet room away from the Highway , which we were given #231 and perfect. The pool and grounds are beautiful" picture perfect".The girls at the front deck were the best and caring. The Kitchen managers were wonderful also. The Restaurant and Hotel were kept spotless.
All of our attractions were within 10 miles. We liked going to the Cocoa Beach Pier at 4 for the happy hours till 7. Chrisy loved the thrift shops on Merritt Island and Hwy #1.
We do recommend staying here and we wll be returning again.
Our thanks the the great staff. Bill and Chris Long

Room Tip: "Ask for a room away from the Highway, but it is a quiet hotel.Rooms on the west end are quiete...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BILL L
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for your kind review!

We are pleased to see you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. It is our goal to provide manicured, safe facilities for our guests, such as our pool and courtyard area, as well as provide the cleanliness our guests expect in their guest rooms. Our location is convenient to Cocoa Beach and Merritt Island, and our staff is more than happy to make recommendations for restaurants, shopping, and sight-seeing.

We appreciate your recommendation, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cocoa? Share your experiences!