“WHAT HAPPENS WHEN FRANCE AND NY COME TO COCOA...HEAVEN”
Review of Palm Tree Cafe - CLOSED

Palm Tree Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2013

What a find in little Cocoa!! They are moving in mid-Jan, so be sure to find them on Grove Ave in Merritt Island. Imagine, the menu on line is exactly what they serve, changed every day. Wonderful flank steak with mushrooms and onions, great crab cakes, nice wine selection. The owners are sweet and friendly, the kind of people you love to see succeed. The current atmosphere is not much, but that's why they are moving. GO HERE...we will definitely be back when we return to the area every year!

1  Thank Carol B

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Having returned from Paris, the comparison is not great. But compared to most of Brevard county, very good. The other night we had the shrimp bisque, a little strong in flavor, very strong in salt, took 2 days for the fluid to come back out. The duck was smothered in a sauce, the potatoes had too much salt, as did the boo chou. A sauce should be an accent not a cover. Salt should be a seasoning not a main ingredient. That said, we still enjoyed our meals, the desert was good, creme brûlée, not too sweet, and we would return.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had heard about this place for several months and frankly keep forgetting about it when we make dinner or lunch plans. I am always driving by and then it hits me at the wrong time. I went for lunch with several business associates and we were not disappointed. We ordered the crab cake appetizer. One of our group is a "crab cake snob" from Maryland. He said that it was "legit" and one of the best crab cakes he had eaten. The shrimp and grits had great flavor. The shrimp was a little over cooked but delicious and the grits were amazing. We also had the blackened Yellow Snapper sandwich. That was one of the best tasting pieces of fish I have ever had and I'm very picky about fish. Rarely do I order it anywhere. All in all we had excellent service and a great meal. The prices were very reasonable. They have a limited wine list but I confirmed with the staff that you can bring in your own wine if you prefer. For those of you that know food in Brevard, the food quality is up there with the Fat Snook and Yellow Dog Café. That says a lot. You don't get the same atmosphere but you do get the same food quality and probably a little cheaper on the price. We will definitely be back for dinner soon.

1  Thank bekntony
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My spouse ate at the Palm Tree Cafe earlier in the month, and wanted to go back for her birthday. I was not sure as to how good it would be. I had the apple cinnamon pork cops, my wife had the fresh fish, all we're excellent. The real surprise was her Brussels sprouts. Like many people, they would be last on my list of a food choice, but these were prepared with bacon, and sautéed to perfection. Don't miss them if you want to try something that you assume would be bad. We are already planning our return.

1  Thank jeffinCBFL
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This place was recommended to us by our Captain of an Eco-boat tour and we decided to try it out for lunch. It was not very busy but the service was a little bit on the slow side considering it wasn't very full. But, the food was really good! There are a lot of restaurants in Florida and we are always looking for a good experience that is not of the chain quality and this did not disappoint! Would definitely go again.