“Nicer than first impression”

Best Western Cocoa Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Palmetto
“Nicer than first impression”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This Best Western is very near the interstate and I did not see the motel sign when exiting. It sits back from the road near a Pilot gas station so the first impression is of trucks and businesses. There are only a few fast food places nearby. The good news is that the staff is very friendly and helpful with information. The lobby, breakfast room, and motel room are all very clean. The landscaping is particularly attractive and gives a sense of peace and calm relaxation. The hot breakfast was better than many motels with a good variety and attractively presented. I did not have good cell coverage in my room but was able to make several short calls. This was a good location for the one night I needed before going to Kennedy Space Center and the price was better than others in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hauber

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Blue Springs, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 days on business. I had no complaints except for poor internet access. It was very slow at time. The grounds are kept very nice and resort like. Good bang for the buck in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Spring Hill, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I travel for business, I was pleased with my stay. The room was clean and considering I was downstairs...it was quiet. The staff was pleasant and accommodating as well. I accidently left items in my room, I called the hotel, they were good enough to mail them to me immediately. I was pleased with the stay. Not the Ritz but overall a pleasant stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Our family is usually suspicious of hotels with outside room access but this hotel was nice. Kids loved the pool. Room, lobby, & bathroom was clean & comfortable. The price is very affordable as well. Whenever we are in need of a last minute hotel in the area, we'll be back here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Davie, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Wonderful accommodations. Way over our expectations. We had a fantastic time at the hotel. Our family arrived later in the evening and the hotel clerk was very friendly and professional. We needed two rooms and was able to stay next to each other with the view of the pool. Wonderful experience. Thank you very much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Dorothy K
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Bad storms hit the area while we were travelling and we did not make it to the hotel. I called to cancel my reservation but still had to pay the full rate. I understand paying a cancellation fee but I felt like full price was not reasonable. We will not stay at a Best Western again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Spanish Fort, Alabama
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked a room here on my way down to Cocoa. I spoke with Tonya, she is absolutely awesome!!! She worked with me and got me an early check in, I paid an early check in fee of $20. Fair enough. When I arrived to check in, the front desk clerk, Elaine, was a complete zombie. No,
"Hi! how are you?" Or "Good Morning". She just looked at me, like "And what do you want?"!!!! Totally rude!! So, I went to my room, it was very clean.

It is located right next door to a truck stop, gross! The parking lot was not well lit and felt unsafe. The building itself is very dingy but the landscape was very nice. The room looked clean enough, but after inspection the plaster was falling off the ceiling, the paint job was hideous, and the plumbing was ancient. The entire staff, aside from Tonya, is awful. Rude and couldn't care less if you stay at their hotel or not. I've got news for them, if they treat all their customers this way, they won't have anyone to stay there!

The toiletries in the room were 2 bars of soap and conditioning shampoo. The soap smelled horrible and they were obviously too cheap to leave conditioner for $90/ night!

"Hot breakfast", not so much! It consisted of extremely stale biscuits straight from a box from SAMs Club that should've been thrown away weeks ago, boiled eggs, and cheap sausage patties that were mostly fat, and extremely salty gravy.

Lesson learned: Best Westerns are hit or miss, you'll stay at one that's just awesome and upscale, then you'll see a dump like this. No more Best Westerns for me!

Room Tip: Some other hotel