“Good portion if you like vinegar based BBQ”

Kay's Real Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #31 of 136 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Pulled pork had a real vinegar bite. Tasty, but I like vinegar. Cole slaw very tart but excellent. Beans are molasses based so sweet. St Louis ribs were tender and tasty.

Seems like a popular local lunch place - we stopped there on the way South. Service was very good.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had some time to kill before our grandson's ball game so we decided to grab dinner before the game. We searched for something close by and happened upon Kay's. Homerun!!!! My wife ordered the half rack of baby back ribs along with sides of baked beans and coleslaw. The baked beans were sweet and creamy while the coleslaw was fresh and had a slight bite to it. So far so good! The portion of ribs would have been a full portion any place else. They were fall off of the bone cooked! Grand slam!!!! I had the fried flounder sandwich served on a hoagie roll along with lettuce and tomato. They served a side of tartar sauce if I felt the sandwich needed something to complete the meal. The fish was so moist no dressing was necessary. If you are ever in the area and find yourself in need of nourishment do not hesitate to stop in and enjoy!!! You'll thank me later.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were stopping overnight near I-95 and drove around looking for somewhere to eat. The neighborhood does not look inviting. In fact, this was the first place that looked like it was not fast food and likely safe for a couple on holiday. We even took a look inside before we agreed that we would stay to eat. We were pleasantly surprised. The shared rib platter (my wife has recently been converted to eating properly prepared ribs) was very good. The prices were also good. The portions were too large - so be careful what you order. The service was friendly and efficient. The décor can best be described as "tired local eatery." I am not sure it deserves a very good rating, but it is also somewhat above average. The prices and quality of the ribs took it up one notch, or maybe it was just that we were hungry and desperate to find a restaurant late in the evening after ten hours on the road!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

decent prices... the restaurant is decor is nothing to shout about. Seems to be frequented a lot by locals but I had better BBQ down in Miami. Was OK food but would not rush back if I was in the area. A shame..

Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife and I were traveling to Ft Lauderdale from Michigan and anyone traveling can agree that anything would be better than Fast Food .. however Kays wasn't far behind.

Wife ordered Pulled Pork - she says it was ok the sauces left much to be desired, I ordered a 8oz Ribeye that reminded me more of a breakfast steak, my corn on the cob soaked in the water for a very very long time..... Overall the only thing I enjoyed was the salad. As mentioned it appears to be a neighborhood bbq that everyone in the community supports... personally I wouldn't go back and if your hungry after traveling - I recommend going some where else.

Overall
Price = To much for the food quality
Food = on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being best) I give it a 5
Atmosphere = 5
Return = 0

Good Luck = but I recommend longhorn or another chain before Kays - Longhorn was 3 miles down the road... should have did it... Oh well