“Delicious ribs & brunswick stew!”

Kay's Real Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #28 of 126 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious ribs & brunswick stew!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The spare ribs were great and the Brunswick stew was awesome! Very tasty, although the prices were a bit higher than I expected. I'd go there again for sure.

Visited June 2014

Melbourne, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprising!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I purchased 4 take out lunches today. The chef salads were very nice and most generous. The sliced pork sandwiches were pitiful. I ordered 2 "regular" size sandwiches. There was not enough meat to cover the very small bun. They looked like a kiddy menu serving. I was really disappointed.

Visited May 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good portion if you like vinegar based BBQ”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Pulled pork had a real vinegar bite. Tasty, but I like vinegar. Cole slaw very tart but excellent. Beans are molasses based so sweet. St Louis ribs were tender and tasty.

Seems like a popular local lunch place - we stopped there on the way South. Service was very good.

Indialantic, Florida
“Excellent Bar-B-Q”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had some time to kill before our grandson's ball game so we decided to grab dinner before the game. We searched for something close by and happened upon Kay's. Homerun!!!! My wife ordered the half rack of baby back ribs along with sides of baked beans and coleslaw. The baked beans were sweet and creamy while the coleslaw was fresh and had a slight bite to it. So far so good! The portion of ribs would have been a full portion any place else. They were fall off of the bone cooked! Grand slam!!!! I had the fried flounder sandwich served on a hoagie roll along with lettuce and tomato. They served a side of tartar sauce if I felt the sandwich needed something to complete the meal. The fish was so moist no dressing was necessary. If you are ever in the area and find yourself in need of nourishment do not hesitate to stop in and enjoy!!! You'll thank me later.

• Visited April 2014
Manotick
“Excellent Ribs, Huge Portions, Tired Decor”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were stopping overnight near I-95 and drove around looking for somewhere to eat. The neighborhood does not look inviting. In fact, this was the first place that looked like it was not fast food and likely safe for a couple on holiday. We even took a look inside before we agreed that we would stay to eat. We were pleasantly surprised. The shared rib platter (my wife has recently been converted to eating properly prepared ribs) was very good. The prices were also good. The portions were too large - so be careful what you order. The service was friendly and efficient. The décor can best be described as "tired local eatery." I am not sure it deserves a very good rating, but it is also somewhat above average. The prices and quality of the ribs took it up one notch, or maybe it was just that we were hungry and desperate to find a restaurant late in the evening after ten hours on the road!

• Visited March 2014