“Best BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We think they have the best BBQ!!! We always eat at Sonny's when we are in Florida! I think Mondays are "kids eat free". Prices are really reasonable! We love this place! The staff is always great!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Very good BBQ. We left just stuffed, salad bar has lots to offer and all our food was excellent cause all our plates were empty

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I love sonnys...I dine there with my
Boyfriend at least twice a month. This is the second time I've been to this location... To grab some lunch before work. I must say from the moment I ordered the salad bar and had to go get the plates myself after 15mins I wasnt happy with the service. There was one other couple in there and she was just sitting down... Apparently not thinking about anything. After that I went and filled my plate with all the goodness I normally get at the salad bar.... Took a bite of the coke slaw and it was so sour it burned my tounge! I then went to tell one of the girls up at front on her phone( because my waitress was in the back laughing at the cook) that the cole slaw was bad and she gave me 100 reasons why she didn't think it was bad. For example: the cook said he made it fresh today. I then went and got some and asked her to try it and she said she doesn't like cole slaw. I asked if anyone else would try it and she went to the back and came out saying no one there liked come slaw.. Are you kidding me. After all that non sense they changed the bowl out and my waitress all of a sudden came to my table asking "what's the problem" I explained that the cole slaw was so sour it burnt my tounge....she says "there's no hot stuff in cole slaw". By that time I was fed up. I was just trying to tell those people the coke slaw was bad!!!!!!! All they had to say was sorry. We believe you. We will put out fresh and talk to our cook. Obviously these girls that worked today need some customer service training! I couldn't get the managers name or number because they all hid in the back as soon as I went to leave. I will never go back to that sonnys a day in my life. Good luck!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Used to N. Carolina BBQ so those of you from NC you know what I'm saying especially if your from Lexington. This will fill the void and make you hungry for NC BBQ. Its good though and the staff makes you feel welcome.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We have eaten at some Sonny's that are just not very good. This one is consistently yummy. They are also really quick on the service and always polite.