“Not kid friendly! Horrible year round tenants.”
Review of Chateau By The Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cocoa Beach
Chateau By The Sea
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The condo we stayed in was perfect and the owners were great! The pool was great and the location to the beach and pier couldn't have been better! That being said...I can't say that I would rent here again (unfortunately, because it was a great unit in a great location!). There is an older couple who lives there and they definitely don't like kids. They were constantly coming out and yelling at kids (not always mine, but mine too). They were playing catch in the grass with a whiffle ball and they said it was "boisterous" play and prohibited. My daughter left her boogie board on the pool deck one night and the next day it was cracked and thrown in the trash - I dug it out because the neighbors (renters) above me said they watched the old man crack it and toss it that morning! My husband asked them about it and they said they did it because it was left out! Seriously! Hotels don't even do that - she simply forgot it that evening. Also...there is no swimming after dark here - that was ok for us, but some people didn't like that at all. Several renters complained about this couple and will not recommend this complex. It was almost comical how horrible this couple was to the renters - I can't imagine being an owner here and having my renters treated like this. I hate to give a negative review because the owner of the rental I was in is great and I would hate for them to lose business, but I feel I owe it to families with children to leave an honest review.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank MindyMac

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

What an amazing vacation.We had the most amazing view.It was more beautiful than imagined.Very clean.The kitchen had every thing we needed.From the beach toys to the view, including two rocket launches(Wow!) We are still relaxed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J-Stouche
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Unit 302 at chateau by the sea in cocoa beach was a perfect place for us to enjoy family time, access the beach, enjoy the pier, and convenient to get to orlando. The condo was very clean, spacious, and equipped with everything that you need to be comfortable. Dean was great to deal with. Big biscuit and Slow and Low were great restaurants!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tanya B
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband, two children and I stayed in unit 305 last week. It was very clean and the space was perfect. It had everything that we could possibly need for the entire week. The view from the balcony was beautiful. The pool was wonderful and being so close to the beach was great. We had such a wonderful family vacation. We would absolutely stay there again. The owner, Drew, was so easy to work with.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ConklinFamily
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have stayed in units 206 and 207 and will be staying again sometime. I love the location of this condo and the easy access to the pier. We stayed here during the weekend of the Easter Surf Festival and a security guard was stationed at our parking lot to make sure others didn't park when they shouldn't. I was glad to see him there since we didn't arrive until late on Saturday. Unit 206 was pet friendly so we took our dog this last time. We love the grassy area but wish it was fenced in so we could let him run while he was outside. We did encounter homeless people sleeping on the bench outside the condo at night and that was a little unsettling for me. I'm sure they were harmless but my dog was startled by them. The pool area and the landscaping are very clean and upkept well. We would see the caretaker out every morning around the pool. We also saw the lawn crew and they were had their routine down to a science...very impressive. The view from the second floor is wonderful and the beach is so close. We were able to listen to the Easter sunrise service and witness some people being baptized in the ocean. What a wonderful experience that I will always remember.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terri E
Reviewed 5 April 2014

What a great condo for my wife, me and our 3 kids (5, 4, 6 months). We stayed the last week of March/ First week of April 2014. Privacy was a plus (more quiet and not as much noise as the pool/ beachfront condos which was perfect for us having a baby that took naps). Being on the 5th floor helped with privacy too.

Pool area was perfect and very clean! Not crowded at all, we always could grab 3 chairs. Pool was heated and the kids loved playing in it. Sunny all day until 4pmish, then shade. All the older senior crowd at the pool were very friendly to us and our kids, which was a concern from previous posts. They played as kids do and we were never given grief for it as previous posts eluded too.

The beach was literally on the other side of the gate from the pool. Right next the pier too, very convenient! We even saw a 5 ft shark caught from a fisherman on the pier!

Condo was updated with granite counters, tile floors and leather furniture. Great views from balcony to the beach! Does overlook public parking spots and condo units next odor, but plenty of beach views for us.

Only negatives were the trash can was TINY, we had to empty trash 4-5 times per day and the unit did not have a garbage disposal, which was inconvenient.

We will definitely stay again, Steve was a pleasure to work with too!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank BenR262
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My children (ages 10 thru 20) and I loved our stay here. The view was amazing, the pool was very warm and very clean, had laundry, very comfortable beds, very clean place. The access to the beach was right there, perfect...would not have changed anything and will stay again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family