“Why do you pick this bar!!? To watch Football”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Eagles Nest - CLOSED

Eagles Nest
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Eagles Nest in Cocoa Beach, home of the best cheesesteak south of Philly! Our cheesesteaks are made with thinly sliced ribeye, fresh Amoroso bread, sauteed onions and real Wiz! Eagles Nest is also home the home of our world famous Feather Ruffler wing sauce and our delicious hand-cut fries!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Why do you pick this bar!!? To watch Football”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I chose very good because if you are going to this bar to watch a game, then you come to the right place. It's a sports bar through and through. If you are looking to hang out with buddies and enjoy a quiet time, I would pick another place. Think before you go out to meet your needs.

We chose this place because we wanted to watch the Eagles play. Get it...Eagles Nest!!! The food is what we expected. We order wings, good flavor but could use additional sauce to create a wetter wing. I order the Philly cheese steak and it was pretty good. No complaints. It wasn't greasy or over cooked. My s/o ordered the Nest Salad with steak and that came out great.

We also sat next to the cook at the bar and had no problems watching him cook and even asked him a few questions relative to what he was cooking.

Downside...wasn't told of any specials a head of time and that the cook was in the bar area. That's the layout of the place, not our fault. But, really didn't care... It gave a chance to make sure the food was fresh or not.

We would go back with the understanding of the type of bar it is...

• Visited October 2012

Cocoa Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Talk about a BURGER!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

great atmosphere, great people, and great food. The burger is huge and a true, clean beef. Also, wing wed is the bomb...eat it up!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank eastc0astlauren
“Just like home”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Being from philly this is the best place to get a real cheesesteak. It almost taste like a Pat's or a gino's.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Skip it.”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This place has been here a long time, and I have always heard mixed reviews. I had a chance to stop in an try it out for lunch the other day, and now I know that I was not missing anything special. I was with my two teenage kids, who were bugging me to go to Beef O'Brady's. I choose to try the Eagles Nest because: 1) I am not a huge fan of the institutional food prep of Beef's, 2) I am always trying to find small business restaurants, run by the local people.
Unfortunately, the food was not much better than that I would have gotten in Beef's. The wings were dried out, and lacked much flavor. And the Philly cheese steak (for which this place is supposed to specialize in) was also dry, bland, and did not express any Philly-ness what so ever.
The waitress was very nice, attentive, and brought our food out promptly. But, that is about the only positive thing I will share in my experience.
There are some very good local establishments in the Cocoa Beach area (see my other reviews), but this one will now be permanently crossed off my list.

• Visited January 2012
Viera, Florida
“Cheesesteaks okay”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We used to go here frequently for a good cheesesteak but now they are putting spices onto the meat that is kind of weird. We are from PA so we know a good cheesesteak. The fries are homemade.

Visited August 2011