“Stayed before our cruise”

Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise. I loved that this hotel was located next to a Publix grocery store. We were able to purchase some last minute items for our cruise such as soda, snacks ect. Also loved that we were within walking distance to the beach. We would have loved to have enjoyed the beach but it was raining, windy and cold. For supper we walked to Beef O Brady's which is right next to Publix. Very good food, lots to choose from! In the morning we walked to Dunkin Donuts but some of our group did enjoy the hotel's continental breakfast. Our hotel room was at the end of the hallway and was very quiet! The bed was super comfy and I loved the bedding. The rooms were all a nice size and had nice amenities. The hotel itself was clean and well maintained. I would definitely return to this hotel if we were in the area again.

1  Thank gymstx

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We arrived at the hotel on Wed without a reservation and was told the hotel was fully booked. We had Friday reservations for stay and cruise. Jade the Front desk manager offered to check for cancellations and was able to find my my wife and I a great room. We have stayed at this hotel several times before and always had a good experience but I believe the it gets better each time. They provide great customer service and the facility is well maintained. We would not consider staying anywhere else in Cocoa Beach. The breakfast area is a little small but that is something we know to plan around

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lennie b
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn with normal inn amenities. We picked this one as it offered the park & cruise choice. Close to the cruse terminal, within walking distance of places to eat, as well as an opportunity to walk the beach if we desired. As always, a very clean hotel, although the parking is limited. Publix grocery is right next door, so we were able to pick up some necessities. We were upgraded to a suite, which was very nice. As always, Holiday Inn was a great choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel as we were visiting the Kennedy space centre.
The room was fine. Initially we had a large room on the ground floor but it was next to the pool machinery which runs 24 hours and is very noisy. Reception moved us to the third floor which was a lot quieter.
My biggest complaint is the quality of the breakfast. It is self service with the food being placed on the counter opposite the reception desk. On the first day we discovered mouldy bagels. The server removed them and said they had come fresh from a packet. The next day we had an omelette. The filling looked like a mix of sauce and diced ham and tasted as if they came out of a frozen packet.
The third morning I spotted another mouldy bagel and the omelettes looked like yesterday's offering put under a grill to re-heat them.
There are peeled boiled eggs in the fridge. I would not try them as you have no idea how long they had been there and how often they had been handled. Why cat they leave the shell on so they are more hygienic.
I would not stay in any holiday inn express again, even tho I am a priority club member. Next time I will stick to Hilton or Marriott's.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dustymiller44
jadehiecb, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for your review. Your feedback on the breakfast is very important to us, and helps us to improve the quality of the items we offer, and the service we give. I am pleased to hear that our team members were able to relocate you to a room that was quieter for your stay. I hope that if you find yourself back in Cocoa Beach, that you would give us an opportunity to make your next stay right.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

This Holiday Inn goes on to say that if you keep coming back it gets better, my family and I have stayed here many times when we come to Cocoa Beach and all i can say is i will keep coming back the hotel and its staff make this the place to stay...

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We spend a weeend inthis hotel before take our cruise and all persons was nice, excelnte customer service and clean rooms.
Special thanks for David at teh front desk, you are the best buddy

the Gonzalez from Cumming GA

Room Tip: Just ask for David!!
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express in February 2012, and had such a positive experience, we didn't hesitate to book again for another Park & Cruise package in December. There were 4 in our party, and we received our room, but it had a very "musty" smell to it, although it was really clean. Perhaps we were spoiled in February, as they upgraded the two of us to a Suite, and I was dissappointed that the 4 of us received a standard room, although that is what we booked, we are Priority Club Gold Level members, and usually receive at least some sort of perk upon arrival, however we didn't receive anything on this visit. We left for dinner and turned the air on thinking that maybe the air just needed to be circulated, however, when we returned, the same musty smell was there. I was unable to enjoy the breakfast, as I didn't make it downstairs until right at 10, and everything had already been put away. The shuttle to the port picked us up right around 10, and took us straight to the port. The ride was short and pleasant. After the cruise, we got off the boat at 8:45, but the shuttle was a nightmare, and we didn't get back to the Holiday Inn until 10:15. I realize that this is not Holiday Inn's fault, rather it is BeachLine's fault, but thank heaven for TravelLynx or we would probably still be at the port waiting for a ride! I just didn't experience the level of customer service during my December trip that I received during my February trip. It is a safe place to park your car during a cruise though - we have never had an issue with the safety of their parking lot, so that is definitely a plus!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. As a Priority Club Gold member, we value your loyalty to our program, and our hotels. Upgrades to suites are based on availability of those suites. I apologize that we did not have that available for you on your return trip. Your feedback on the breakfast, shuttle service, and smell of your room will help us to continue to improve. We do hope that you will give us another try if you return to Cocoa Beach. We will be more than happy to help make things right.