“Just what we wanted before our cruise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach

Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Motherwell, Scotland
“Just what we wanted before our cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights before we went on Royal Caribbean Cruise.
I am a Platinum member and I was greeted and acknowledged as one at check in.
We had previously contacted the Hotel as my wife has a tolerance to Diary so we asked if they had Soya. They made sure that they had this for our visit as told us to just ask for it every morning when we checked in as it was being kept in the fridge.
We also arranged to keep our car at the hotel when we were on our cruise and Jade sorted this out for us.
Pool was quiet and handy
Beds comfortable
Publix next door for drinks etc
Went a walk to the Pier for a meal which was really good and only a 5 min stroll away.
Beach was also very nice and within a 5 min walk.
Going back again in June 2015 so look forward to seeing al the staff again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wellwellsuperwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Hotel was clean, staff was incredibly attentive - especially Joyce at the breakfast. Location is great - one block from the Cocoa Beach Pier. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The inclusive breakfast was good enough to get us going. There's a Publix supermarket next door and a Starbucks 1.3km south in a cool surf shop. There are many restaurants nearby that will suit all tastes. The only evr so slight down side to this experience is that we were put in a room just above the smoking area...smokers start at 0500, or so!!! Good grief. There should be a sign out there reminding those who enjoy a stick before the rooster calls, to please be mindful and QUIET! That aside, this hotel was just fine, again...the staff was remarkably pleasant. I would stay here again, given price, cleanliness and superlative staff.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pat D
Middletown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family and I were in Cocoa/Cocoa Beach due to a family emergency. After realizing that our original place that we were going to be staying in fell through, were left pretty stranded and financially strapped. To clear our minds, we drove toward the beach. Driving along North Atlantic Ave, we saw the HI Express and decided to call and get rates. Not only were we pleasantly surprised at the affordable rates (AAA member) but the location was awesome.

They sensed our exhaustion as we had been driving down from New Jersey and really needed a break. They made the reservation process simple, the check-in extremely quick and the room was beautiful. it was clean, spacious, 2 queen beds and a view of the ocean.

Not only was the manager Jade Quinif extremely kind, compassionate and upbeat but she had so many suggestions on places to dine, where to access the beach walkways, needing fresh towels, extending our reservation, etc. She's been there for a while and you can see her dedication and experience really shines through.

We stayed for 5 days and loved that next door was the Publix, a nice pub and a Mediterranean tapas bar and across the street had access to a steakhouse and a Dunkin Donuts. The pool was never crowded at all and one night, the late shift was gracious enough to let me soak a little bit longer past the closing time because I was beyond stressed.

The maid services do an excellent job and always gave us extra shampoo or a towel. They were very kind too.

Tonya, Rosalind and the front desk guy at night were very accommodating and were so quick to help us with anything we needed. Really, I don't know how these folks do it. They are very personable, they smile, they're friendly. They just made the experience much better for me given the not-so-good circumstances.

The jewel though... Joyce. A former New Yorker herself, she and I spoke about life back up north. Not only did she keep up with supplying plenty of (included) hot and delicious breakfast, she was a joy to speak to. The turkey sausage, regular sausage, bacon, the pancake machine, cinnamon rolls... i ate VERY, VERY well every morning. One day I was running late to a meeting and she was so kind to wrap up a cinnamon bun for me. I was touched. It meant more to me than most people. She observed and she went over above and beyond.

I mentioned how I really enjoyed it here and have been contemplating moving down that way. She gave me this extra bit of assurance and confidence booster in believing that I could make it if I did it. She was kind to even give me some referrals and ideas.

They don't just serve food or stand at the front desk. They are so much more than that.

I had such a positive experience there, that I didn't want to leave. When you're home away from home, things feel very much out of place.

The Holiday Inn Express at Cocoa Beach makes it feel like your second home. That alone is a feeling you can't put into words.

Overall, there isn't enough praise I could give for the staff at HI Express. They wowed me every day and that's tough to do with anything now-a-days, especially in the hospitality industry.

I will be back to this hotel and I am very much looking forward to it. :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank Michael N
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Our room was clean, the breakfast selection was very good and staff were nice. The beach is right across the street and grocery is walking distance. The pool was sparkling clean. The room rates were reasonable.

We will definitely stay there again, next time we go to Cocoa Beach.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I spent a week at this hotel and have zero complaints.
The rooms were incredibly spacious, clean an were made up quickly every morning. From the staff at the front counter, to the wait staff in the lounge, everyone was very accommodating.

Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul B
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for one night before our cruise on the park/cruise package. The hotel was nice and staff very helpful. Specially one gal at the front desk. We had food from Italian restaurant delivered that she recommended and it was very good. Next door was a Publix grocery and we got snacks for our drive back home. Dunkin donuts across the street too. The car was parked in the same spot for the week with other cruisers vehicles. They give you two free shuttle rides to the ship. We were on the ship just after 11:00! Good value

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank retiredtwo7
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The staff were really nice and helpful and the rooms were clean. It's not right on the beach but it's across the street from the Cocoa Beach Pier and wasn't a bad walk to get to the beach. It's located next to a Publix, which was nice if you needed anything! The pool area was really nice - the pool itself is covered but the chairs and tables are on the outside and it wasn't ever really crowded while we were there. The breakfast every morning was really good - they had everything from omelets to scrambled eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, cereal, orange juice, and coffee. It was definitely a good spread! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family