Before I continue I must point out that this is the sixth time that we have stayed at this hotel since 2006. This time there was just the two of us (myself and wife) with no other family in tow.We deliberately planned to stay for the full two weeks of our holiday at this hotel, because of its location , but more because we knew that we would be treated like family by the staff. We were not disappointed.
Arrival: Room was ready on arrival. Checking in was a short and sweet process taking a couple of minutes. I had emailed ahead to ask for a "ocean side" room as I knew that the pool side can be a bit noisier, especially on the weekends. We were given a room on the seventh floor, overlooking the ocean - yes there are other building in the way, but you can see the ocean and the view extends right up the coast to the Space centre.
The room was as expected - functional for our needs. A place to dump our bags and to crash out in the evening. It was clean and tidy, with adequate facilities, and a great balcony to sit out on (catching the sun in the morning).
The staff were, as usual, friendly and courteous. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them. On our second day we joined in on a charity bingo evening and sat with Diane and Rita from the Bistro Bar. It was an excellent evening, great fun, and raised lots of money for a good cause. We also got to meet lots of other friendly staff members, all of whom are an asset to the hotel.
We had a great two weeks. It was a really relaxing holiday, instead of the hustle and bustle of central Florida (yes we did visit a couple of the parks but it's only a 50 minute drive each way).
We did not use the restaurant for breakfast, there are too many other choices nearby, but we did use it for lunch - the salads and sandwiches are excellent, and we did make use of the bar in the evening for a nightcap or two.
Some previous reviewers have complained about the beach being too far - well it's no further than some of the other hotels along that strip of Cocoa Beach. It is a 5-10 minutes walk (depends on how much you are carrying). The pools side was a nice place to relax. The only "negative" is that they do not advertise the Tikki bar too well - it is open over the weekend but there is nothing to show that this is the case, and the poor man running it seems to spend more time twiddling his thumbs. A couple of signs might make all the difference.
Would I stay here again - most certainly, without hesitation.
Would I recommend it - again, most certainly. The Courtyard style of hotel might not be everyones cup of tea, but its a great place with really friendly staff.
Again, a special mention to Rita, Diane and Joe from the Bistro Bar for being really friendly and treating us like family. Also, the hotel has a twitter feed, which is monitored and responded to by somebody with a sense of humour :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard by Marriott Cocoa Beach-Cape Canaveral provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. This hotel features our new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard™. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.™ which provides guests with healthy food and Starbucks in the morning as well as lunch and evening dinner service with cocktails. Located on famous Cocoa Beach, 200 yards from the Atlantic Ocean and just minutes from Port Canaveral Cruises, Kennedy Space Center, Historic Cocoa Village, and Orlando's Attractions. We offer a well equipped fitness center, mineral pool and whirlpool. A 24-hour business center and boarding pass printing service is also available. Your stay at Courtyard Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral is sure to be more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
- Cocoa Beach Marriott
- Cocoa Beach Courtyard
- Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral Florida