“Great value, 2 blocks from the beach”
Review of Cocoa Beach Suites

Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Great value, 2 blocks from the beach”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have stayed in this hotel before, good value large rooms. The location is close to the beach-2 blocks, shopping & Port Canaveral. The hallways and rooms could use some updating. Overall pleased with our stay. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank DavidtAlderman
Sean A, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you DavidtAlderman for your awesome review! We are planning hallway carpet upgrades in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Booked here for couple of nights after leaving WDW to go see KSC. Staff were very helpful. Once checked in we waited for the Elevator which was slow but is a far better option than stairs when you are a few floors up! When the Elevator door opened my heart sank. The Carpets were Awful! I was really worried about our room and tempted at this point to just go down again and find somewhere else. We decided to check the room first and to our surprise the room was nice, And most importantly CLEAN so different than the hallway carpets. Our rooms were as well as clean were comfortable we had a nice Ocean view but didn't get to enjoy it much because we were not in the room long during daylight.

WIFI Internet this is something i thought all hotels had now even the cheapest that i had stayed in but here you needed a cable, But there were no cables in the room. Even with a cable it becomes hard for us to use with Ipads or using 2 laptops at a time with a single cable! BUT we did manage to link upto another hotel signal that was strong enough but i guess that's dependent on were your room is in hotel.

I would stay here again as i saw past first impressions but would it really be that big a job to professionally clean those hall carpets to improve the impression you get as this made me look for problems as soon as i walked into our room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Spider666
Sean A, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you Spider666 for your review. We are in the process of sprucing up our hotel. We do hope to see you again soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The carpets are stained. The chairs in the room are stained. The bedding smells of cigarettes and old smoke. There is no wifi and if you want internet you have to call front desk for the cord. Which brings up Motel 6 internet only.
hair dryer did not work. Plugs in the bath room do not work.
The room smells so bad of smoke from years of smoking.
I regret I did not leave when I checked in.
The only good thing is the front desk guy, Mike, was very kind.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Laurie S
Sean A, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Laurie S,

I can't apologize enough for what you experienced at our hotel. I have taken your concerns to our team and here is what we are doing. We are conducting a deep clean and a preventative maintenance check for the room you stayed in. This will solve the issues regarding smoke smell, hair dryer, etc.. I would like to speak with you personally regarding you stay. I really want to make this right. Can you please contact me?

Sean Archer
321.783.6868

Travellers are raving about these Cocoa Beach hotels

Dallas, GA
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had booked a room for 1 night prior to a cruise out of Port Canaveral. I drove my family down from Atlanta to Cocoa Beach Suites on a Friday afternoon arriving about 10:30PM. As we walled from the dimly lit parking area to the office it was a little unsettling seeing either vagrants or people so pathetically drunk sitting on the curb they couldn't even sit straight. Once in the hotel we checked in and went to our room to find it a complete mess. The bed was still unmade with dirty sheets from the previous guest and general garbage laying all over the room. The general cleanliness level of the hotel in general was bordering on disgusting. My wife and I decided it was not worth trying to move to another room based the overall conditions we observed. We canceled the room and booked a room down the road at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Choose any room in another hotel. Will undoubtedly get a better room than any in this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bryan B
Dear Bryan B.
I first want to apologize for what you experienced at our hotel. Our team has made a mistake and takes full responsibility for not having a clean room ready for you. We have taken corrective action so this does not happen again. To address the dim parking lot, we share a parking lot with two national branded restaurants and meet all lighting codes. But to make sure we were in code we have double checked all lighting to insure it is not dim and all came back okay. Regarding the vagrants and/or drunken people, this is the first I have heard about this issue. Once again sharing a parking lot with two restaurants, you may have seen some people leaving those establishments? I assure you they were not from our hotel. I would personally like to speak with you regarding this situation. Can please contact me. I would really like to make this right.

Sean Archer
321.783.6868
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night before our cruise ship left out of port canaveral. The online booking was fast and simple. We just took our print out to the check in desk and within minutes we had our key cards and we're on our way (this was great after driving 14 hours!). The hallways seemed dated, but, after getting to our room it's seemed like a nice boutique hotel. The room was clean! Trust me I check the bed, bathrooms, pictures, and backs of the tv's for dust, hair, and stains. The size of the room was huge! To me it appears the owner or management has a great vision for this hotel and I look forward to our next visit! Would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Travel8698
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel Travel8698! We hope to see you again soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Walking distance to the beach , restaurants and local attractions .
Old construction and outdated rooms, but big and comfortable. Room was equipped with living room and kitchen. Very comfortable bed and very clean.
Plenty of restaurants to choose from.
Great place if you and your companion want to get away for the weekend and just relax.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Irving T
Thank you Irving1 for your great review! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

It was reasonable, and I suppose you get what you pay for, but I was disappointed. The rooms (suites) were big, but desperately need a upgrade/refurb as the furnishings/decor are very old fashioned. In particular the AC's need upgrading, they are noisy and look as though they are about to fall off the wall ! Although there is a fridge and microwave there is no crockery/cutlery (only paper cups for the coffee). The Hotel has NO facilities (despite pics on their website, all of which turn out to be of the hotel 2 blocks away that owns them - Four Points by Sheraton). We did go to Four Points (we ate at the Shark Pit - nice food, good portions but quite exy. The aquarium is a nice touch!) and used their pool, which is very small, and the jacuzzi - weird set up as this whole pool (terrace area) is partly covered by the multi-storey car park ... ?!

Cocoa Beach suites is only a short walk (block & a half) from the beach, which is just a long stretch of sand and ocean but you can watch the cruise ships come and go (from Port Canaveral) - which was the reason for our stay (as we'd been on a cruise). It's located quite well for brekky (Waffle House/Taco Bell right outside or the IHOP across the road - which is where we had brekky and very nice it was too!). There didn't seem to be much else around (apart from discount beach shops).

I will say that the reception staff at the Hotel were very helpful (even with arranging transfers before our arrival) and offered suggestions of where to eat/go etc.

Not somewhere I would return to ....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NikkiG1968
Thank you NikkiG1968 for reviewing our hotel. I will look into this issues regarding the A/C's and get them addressed. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Cocoa Beach! See you next time.