“Head to the beach”
Review of Cocoa Beach Suites

Cocoa Beach Suites
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

If you want to "hang out" in your room and be surrounded by luxury, look elsewhere. If you need someplace to sleep after a fun filled day at the beach, this is your place.
The staff was friendly and courteous. The good...Close to the beach and restaurants. The bad...Carpets dirty and the decor was tired and worn (I believe a renovation is on the way). A suggestion...Place a couple of tables/chairs under the parking structure for guests to sit and relax.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank wesNshelly
Sean A, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you wesNshelly for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay very much. I will be returning again this month.

The staff...Heather, Tara, Tony and Mary...all very friendly,accommodating,prompt with service, advice and directions. Very personable. I felt like I was talking to a friend when speaking to each of them.
The Hotel...Very affordable. Just two blocks from the beach and within walking distance from any and everything else you may need. It's outdated but very clean and bug free. Rooms were equipped with wet bar, microwave and mini fridge. All clean. Plenty of free parking. Elevator is slow but the hotel only has five floors, so if inpatient, take the stairs as I did.

My request to management would be to put a full length mirror on the living room area side of the bedroom door. Getting ready while others are showering, etc would be much easier with this added mirror.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor facing the ocean. Ice and vending machines are on the 4th floor onl...
1  Thank robynchaneysmith

Wow robynchaneysmith! It looks like our team made an impression on you! Thank you for the great review of our hotel! Thank you for your comments regarding the mirror. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel was very nice. I have been to hundreds of hotels over the years and this one is in the top 10% regarding cleanliness. The front desk people were also very kind, as well as our housekeeper Nancy. She went out of her way to make sure our room met expectations. The rooms are huge. We have stayed here before and have never been disappointed. Although it does not have a pool, we do not go to the beach to lay in a pool. I don't know how anyone could rate this hotel poorly.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 4th or 5th floor and you will have an ocenview....if you are on the ocean side.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ballfields20

Thank you Ballfields20 for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. I will pass on your kind words to Nancy.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is a good price for only being 2 blocks from the beach. We could see the beach from our room. Rooms are nice size and you get a bedroom and a sitting room. There are multiple TV's, so no fighting over shows. Any interaction I had with the staff was a pleasurable experience. Nancy was the lady that was taking care of cleaning our room was very attentive and always inquired about anything else we needed for the room. She went above and beyond to get whatever we needed.

Downsides to the hotel. The elevator is the slowest one I have ever been in, only a 5 story building. They were having a supply problem with consumables per an employee since the hotel will be getting a renovation soon.

I would go back here any time. Great location for the price. Close to the beach, food and shopping.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the backside of the hotel on the third floor or above for a beach view.
1  Thank bigmcc316

Thank you bigmcc316 for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. I will pass on your kinds words to Nancy.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I relocated here to Florida and have been staying at this hotel for three weeks. The staff is great and Shay that works as one of the front desk associates has went above and beyond to make sure my stay has went well. The rooms are spacious and I like that there is a separate bedroom as well as a sitting area, it is ideal for families. The hotel is a quick walk to the beach, as well as shopping and dining. This hotel is affordable and ask around a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alisha H
Sean A, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you Alisha H for your wonderful review of our hotel. We hope since you now live in Cocoa Beach that you will visit when you can. I will pass on your kind words to Shay.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here this past weekend, as we just wanted a decent place to lay our head, without the expense. I was very worried being that the price was so low. The best way I can describe this hotel is that it is the No Frills Hotel. The rooms were average when it comes to cleanliness. The carpet inside the hotel including the rooms were soiled and dirty. The chairs in the rooms were old, dusty and stained. The bed was in good order, however after a good inspection, I found hair and stains on some of the sheets. No problem, I requested the sheets to be changed. AC was in good order, and I didnt have any allergy problems like some of the other hotels. Also a noticable issue was the stains on the wall. Don't even want to know what those stains were, but thats something easy that housekeeping should be cleaning. One thing I will add is that there is No WIFI service in the rooms, only in the lobby. Only a crappy internet connection in which you have to directly plug in a cable from the wall. I had repeated connection problems, to a point that I just left, and walked down the street to McDonald's for wifi service. Also, they do not have a pool, however they have agreements with their owner the Four Points Sheraton, 2 blocks away, and the Raddison nearby in Cape Canaveral. Overall, this is a good place to stay for the value, if you are just planning to lay your head at night. I would come back, however I strongly suggest that they take better care with the carpet situation, walls, and better upkeep when it comes to inspecting their bed sheets. No one wants to walk barefoot on noticeable dirty soiled carpet, and no one wants to be grossed out by the stains on the walls either. Better cleaning management goes a long way, and this place has potential. Please do the diligence and do better at cleaning. Thats my honest opinion about this place. If you are simply looking to stay so you can spend time at the beach, then do it. If you are looking to stay and actually spend time in the room, then I really wouldnt suggest it as much.

2  Thank jerseytwin

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a good place IF you know what it is going in.

First off it was clean and the staff was excellent very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. There were 3 real beds (no sofa beds) in our "suite" which was a big selling point for our family. Nothing looked too dated but the TV's were tube types if that's important to you.

The location was ok. Just a few blocks south of Ron Jon's and a few blocks from the beach.

It's clean and certainly not fancy. There's no pool or anything like that. Very plain Jane but if you are looking for an inexpensive larger then normal place to stay within beach walking distance it's fine. It provided our family of 5 a cheap ($80 a night on hotels.com) beach vacation.

1  Thank Geekybone1

Thank you Geekybone1 for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly hope to see you again real soon.