“Ehhhh,,,,,”
Review of Dolphin Inn

Dolphin Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Cocoa Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My girl friend and decided to get away for a night and ended up here.
I will start off by saying the location is awesome. Really nice to sit outside and enjoy the breeze and view. Although we did not utilize the kayaks and stuff, it was nice to know they were there. I also thought it was cool that there was fishing stuff there to use.
Now the not so good. For the price we were certainly expecting the Ritz but there's a lot left to be desired. The air conditioning was off when we got there and never cooled the room down enough to be comfortable. I understand trying to save a few bucks on electric but maybe set the thermostat to 80ish to at least help keep the humidity down or turn it on a few hours before a guest arrives. The television did not work for us, I'm sure they would have looked at it but no phone direct to office and it was late. The room was cleanish but was falling apart. A little elbow grease would go a long way. I found 2 drinking glasses in the cabinet that were filthy, written in sharpie inside the cabinet door said something like "we do not do dishes, clean your own to avoid extra charges." I had to wash a glass twice to use it once. The door knob had duct tape on it and if you accidentally locked it the key would not work that lock, almost broke out my multi tool and corrected that issue myself.
No offense to the owners who were friendly to us. With a little more minor upkeep it would be a great little getaway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank William C

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The room was older and needed a lot of updating but it was clean and comfortable. I was wanting the room that had a private dock that faced the water inlet but the price was more than I wanted to pay so we got another room with king size bed. The owner, Debby, was very friendly and helpful. When we checked in at 12pm, yes, 12pm. The only hotel I have ever stayed at that has a 12pm check in. It was like having a whole other full day. As I was about to write, Debby put us in a room that had a window that you could see the back water. She also suggested a few restaurants. We went that night to this place that had 50 cent beer and wings. They have specials every night from 5-8pm. We were there Tuesday. Great wings and good service. Just can't remember the name of the place for some reason but it's right down the road from the Inn. There's no pool but the backside water with dock is a nice setup and it's only minutes walking across the street to the beach. We brought our own beach chairs and towels. I don't know if the Inn offers them but I didn't want to take a chance. The outside had several areas to sit and tables to eat if you wanted to eat outside. It was too hot though. July in Florida is hot and has lots of mosquitos. They had 1 grill that was charcoal. It was very peaceful at the Inn and the beach was quiet as well. I would stay here again and I'm pretty picky about where I stay usually. I'm a Disney regular. As state before, this room wasn't the Ritz or even an old HOJO but it had lots of character and was very comfy. One tip: before going to the grocery store to buy supplies, check the room and make sure you have everything you need.

Room Tip: If you're just a couple, ask for room 7. It's away from the street and an end room with wate...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karen b
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My boyfriend and I have stayed here 3 times. It is not a family place but the location is great. You spend the day on the beach and walk across the street to Inn and you are on the bay side to watch the sunset and can go kayaking for free. The price is cheap and you get cheap but we go back only because of the great location and enjoy being outside.

Room Tip: This place is old, they try to keep it a little updated but we are not in rooms long, just to sleep...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were in the room with the private dock. The views were great and the hotel location was stellar. BUT the air conditioner was a wall AC that was SO loud and dripped water on our faces all night. The owners were in the room above ours and smoked constantly, the smell came into our room. I'm also pretty sure they smoked in our room itself as we also found a pack of their cigarettes in the night stand, the whole room smelled. There was no cleaning service and we had to keep asking for towels and soap, etc. There were a ton of bugs and the walls, flooring and furniture were all falling apart. The description said we'd have a kitchenette as well but we just had a small fridge and coffee maker.

Room Tip: Private dock room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kluella
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I just stayed here this past weekend with our two boys (11 & 12). We enjoyed our stay but will not be coming back with our children. Upon arriving we meet with the owner and she went throught the rules and regulations of the property it seemed to bother her that we had our children with us. I thought it was odd that we had to pay $10 per child in order for them to stay with us but chucked it up to this place is more for Adults then children and this is a deterant. When we entere the room it was probably 98 degrees as the AC is a window unit and is not turned on till you get to the room. So plan on going out for about an hour once you get there becasue it will be too hot to stay in the room while it cools down. The place is not a 5 star hotel so dont expect 5 star accomidations. There is access to the river (with free use of their kayaks) and it is just across the street from the ocean which for a beach weekend is perfect! it was cozy and relaxing to sit out on the river in the mornign with my morning cup of joe we even got to see a beautiful sunset along with some Dolphins. A few things I would recomend is bring your own toiletries and bath towels. We had two towel and two wash cloths that dont get changed out daily so I was glad we always bring extra towels. If you are bringing a dog call ahead as they told us that they don't accept all breads and pretty much only have certian rooms that they allow pets (eventhough it list that they are pet friendly property on Booking.com). The room we stayed in was clean and roomy enough for the four of us and provided a working fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee maker great for what we wanted for our long weekend away from our busy Orlando life. I would recomment this place to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend without kids. We are already planing on a adult weekend and plan on staying at the Dolphin

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KSKYHUKS
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Ok, we could have gone to the Hylton and spent $$$ but we came here instead and spent $77. The location is superb. Just across the main road down a little footpath is public access to miles of sandy beach and pleasant swimming. At the back of the property is the inland waterway between Cocoa Beach and the mainland. The owners have provided decking with comfortable chairs and a table, a small jetty and free use of kayaks. Wonderful! The downside? Well, the place is quirky with fusty rooms and old furniture and fixtures. But that really didn't matter to us. We had a working fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee filter. A short walk away was the Cape Codder fish restaurant. See separate review.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeffrey1809
Reviewed 21 June 2014

In short- DO NOT BOOK THIS MOTEL. DIRTY SHEETS, MOLDY SHOWER, NO VENTILATION, RUDE PROPRIETORS WITH NO REGARD FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Long story:

I booked a two night stay for my sister and I. This was listed in the b&b section, and I thought it looked like a cute place off the beaten track. In reality, this is a dirty dungy MOTEL not at all a b&b, the rooms are disgusting and the service awful. The grounds look cute, but upon entering the office is filled with cigarette smoke. The rooms we saw were both outdated- which I would not complain about- but also completely disgusting. It seemed some surfaces were clean- the place did reek of bleach- but where it mattered most it was filthy. All the grout in the tiny shower was completely black with mold. The towels were no longer even white and were ragged. The worst- the sheets had tons of hair and stains all over them. We decided to leave and went to turn our keys in. The proprietor insisted on seeing these "stains" and rolled his eyes at us and gritted his teeth as soon as we opened our mouths to complain. He walked into the room and stated the stains were "rust" (I'm pretty sure mascara stains on the pillows do not look like rust) and had nothing to say about the stains or anything else. He was completely unapologetic. He stated that he could give us another room but there was no way he was giving us a refund. We stated there was no way that we were staying in any of his rooms because we doubted they would be any different. He again refused a refund, shrugged and walked away. We left empty handed and feeling dirty just having stood in that room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank LesleyCK
bosslion, Owner at Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Fist of all I ask Trip Advisor many time to take us off the B&B site but they refuse?????
Second most of the stuff you are saying in my STRONG Opinion are lies. One little rust stain the size of a dime does not make a dirty place. You took a shower and put sand every where for you had no respect. There is an out side shower. You both had a lot of make up on and in my opinion put them marks on the pillow case. For it is my wife,daughter and my self cleaning these rooms and it was just cleaned. IF the room was that bad you would of complained right off not wait after coming back from the beach, I'm sure you changed clothes before going to the beach.
THE other place you claim to stay at had a concierge and then you allegedly ate at one of the most expensive restaurants in town. Just tell the truth you thought you was to good to stay here. If I had the time I would sue you for slander. Not counting the bad words you said about a race that I'm not going to say.