The Resort on Cocoa Beach
US$189
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$138
US$166
HIExpress.com
La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$106
ComfortInn
Wakulla Suites(Cocoa Beach)
US$274
US$234
Anthony's On The Beach(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
All reviewsmovie theatermexican restaurantocean frontfull kitchentowel exchangetime shareactivities desktwo twin bedshot tubmaster bathwater aerobicswasher dryerkids activitiestennis courtslive music by the poolliving roomthe penthouse
Reviewed 22 September 2007

Just returned, today, from a week at The Resort on Cocoa Beach!

The resort is an RCI Gold Crown and I would say it is a Gold Crown studded with Jewls!! It was fantastic and more than I could have hoped for! I am spoiled and will only stay at RCI Gold Crown and this resort exceeds those standards!! Clean, Great Furniture, Comfortable beds, Great AC system, no bugs or odors, Fiesta Ware dishes and amenities that can't be beat!
In unit washer, dryer, jet tub, step in showers, and all soaps, detergents, paper products, huge flat screen TV plus large screen TV in both bedrooms.

The property has entertainment for all ages. Gym, Sauna, Tennis Courts, Theater, Game Room, Sand Play and Indoor Play room for Kids, Huge Pool, Splash Pool, Whirlpool and plenty of pool chairs. Scheduled Pool Area Entertainment including live music a couple days a week. All of this plus a beautiful beach!!

Resort Staff will happily take care of any request you may have

The area has limitless dining options. A few exceptional spots we found were: Grills (outdoor dining across from the cruise ships), Simply Delicious (funky breakfast and lunch--Great Food), CocoNuts (lunch or dinner--Good Food-Ocean Front), Chili Peppers (unbelievable sandwiches and stuffed chili peppers of the day). If you want to eat and snack at home the Publix store is only about 2-3 blocks away from the resort.

I can't say enough good about the Resort and the area.

Gary
Milwaukee, WI

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Travlin-Gary
Reviewed 29 August 2007

We had a wonderful 4 night stay in August. We stayed in an oceanfront penthouse on the 8th floor. The condo was spacious, clean, comfortable, and attractively decorated. Having a washer and dryer (even though compact versions) was really handy.

The view from the balcony was beautiful and we watched dolphins every morning. The beach was soft and the water warm and shallow. Thankfully, we didn't run into any jellyfish. I did have a small ray swim between my legs and saw a larger one jumping in the distance...which was really cool.

The pool area is very nice and we enjoyed the animal show on Wednesday (by the restaurant). We didn't try the restaurant but there are plenty of places to eat in the area and a Publix very close by for groceries.

Also, the staff was very nice, helpful, and accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank skeeziks
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Spent a week at the resort, what a great place!. Stayed ocean front, 7th floor. I would suggest trying to get ocean front as the views are wonderful. The staff was fantastic, friendly and always willing to help.

The restaurant at the resort was very good and has great two for one happy hour drink specials daily! Jack Bakers Lobster Shanty is only a five minute drive and was very good. (Try the rock shrimp). Publix super market is also right accross the street.

Great beach and found MANY huge shells and even a full sand dollar. (I think my daughter brought home 5 pounds of shells on the plane!)

The welcome meeting was also great, no mention of any sales presentation at all. Actually the whole sales deal was never an issue during the entire stay, which was nice.

We will return to this resort. The accomodations were very clean, new and the plasma TV in the living room was also nice.

Highly reccomend the resort.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank win11cup
Reviewed 24 August 2007

We stayed at The Resort on Cocoa Beach where the rooms are huge, full kitchen two bedrooms and two baths w/garden tub in master bath. As this property is a timeshare you have to be out of your rooms at 10am. Which I think is entirely too early. But other than that it is great. Great pool, great bar at the pool, they even have a theatre and there generally has nobody in it. I would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank PANAV
Reviewed 7 August 2007

First, just let me say, you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this resort. I hope I am not talking it up too much, but it would be hard for me to believe anyone could be disappointed with this place! The area is a lot of fun for kids and families as well.

The condo is awesome and LARGE. As an owner, we requested a high up floor with a double-balcony. Basically, all units ending in 01-10 are the ocean view rooms with #10 being closest to the ocean, and units ending in 11-18 are ocean front rooms. The first number is the floor number. So, for example, room 709 (which is where we were) is the seventh floor, room 9 and closer to the ocean. Room 10 would be the closest side view room to the ocean, but it only has a single balcony. All the units on floor 8 are penthouses. The master bedroom was huge and I was very impressed with the size of the 2nd bedroom. There was also a ton of drawer space and even a walk-in closet in the master BR.

One word of caution about the ocean front rooms. At first we were a little disappointed that we did not have an ocean front room, but after the first morning we were very relieved. The reason is because that sun coming up in the morning is so blazing hot and bright that there would be no way you could sit out on your balcony and have a cup of coffee in the morning. From our fabulous double-balcony side view, we were able to see a large portion of the beach, and sit somewhat sideways so that we could shield ourselves from the bright sun, but still watch the people walking on the beach, the shrimp boats, etc. We got some beautiful pictures of the sunrise each morning as well. The bonus to having the ocean view room is that we were also able to see the sun setting to our left over the Banana River. After experiencing all of that, I don't think we would ever choose to stay in an ocean front room there.

The condo was fully stocked with a hair dryer, 2 packs of laundry detergent, paper towels, kitchen rags, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, etc. You won't need to bring beach towels since they provide 6 in the room, and you can take them to the towel exchange any time during the day and get fresh ones. The maid comes on Wednesday for a "freshen up" visit. Buy popcorn if you want to pop some for a movie in the theater. The other thing I wish I had brought was my own coffee and filters since they didn't have the kind I like at Publix (the coffee makers take the regular size basket filters, so just bring 7 for the week so you don't have to buy a pack of 100 in the store). Also bring some large and small Ziploc bags for shells and other things you may want to bring home. We even filled up empty water bottles with Cocoa Beach sand to bring home. I mixed the sand and shells together in the bottom of a large glass vase and put a pillar candle in the middle to make a lovely little centerpiece for my kitchen table. It is sort of my little "shrine" to Cocoa Beach and every time I look at it I think of our great week!! Also bring some dryer sheets since those are not provided. You can ask for a free Internet high-speed connection box to use for the week as well – and it worked perfectly.

The Publix is right across the street from the resort, and we ate all of our breakfasts and lunches in the room. Also at the Publix, we bought cheap fold-up beach chairs for $9 each since the rental for 2 beach chairs and an umbrella is $20 on the beach - OUCH! We also bought some cheap beach toys there as well. The beach and sand are beautiful and soft with lots of good shells to find. We even found a few shark teeth, but it took some serious looking for them! We stopped at one of the many beach shops located on Atlantic Blvd. and bought a boogie board (and t-shirts and souvenirs) for my 6-yr old son. He LOVED riding the waves and that was his first time in the ocean. The waves are not big enough for surfing but perfect for kids, swimming and boogie boards.

At the beach, we didn't see any rays, jellyfish, tar or some of the other things that people have commented on. The rip currants were pretty strong though, so keep a close watch on your kids. The water was warm and perfect for swimming. Also great for sandcastle building! At the pool, they have a fun little soft splash area for the kids, and an outside tiki bar that serves food, drinks and smoothies. That was a bit hit with the kids for an afternoon snack.

For activities, we went to the NASA Space center one day (plan to spend the whole day there and do the Up Close Bus Tour), one day at Sea World (this is another great thing about the resort since it is so close to Orlando) and went mini-golfing and go-cart racing at Traxx. The rest of the time we just hung out by the ocean in the morning and the pool in the afternoon. We also took a drive over to Cocoa Village one afternoon and strolled through some of the shops. Totally boring for my kids and hubby but I loved it. It would be fun to share an afternoon there with a friend that loves to shop.

For dinners, we went to Atlantic Ocean Grille (which is on the Cocoa Beach pier), Grills, Azteca II (which is in the resort and VERY yummy) and my personal favorite which was the Florida Seafood Bar & Grill. We ate there twice! The Cocoa Beach pier is totally over-rated. I was expecting this Jersey Shore-like atmosphere with a large boardwalk area and lots of shops and restaurants. But it is VERY small and no wider than a hallway. Only about 2 or 3 shops, a bar and the Atlantic Ocean Grille, which was very good. But that is it, there is nothing else there except the public beach area. So go to the pier for dinner, but nothing else. And to top it off, you have to pay $1 just to get out to the end of the pier. What a ripoff! We didn’t make it to the Hilton all-you-can-eat Seafood buffet next door or to Dixie Crossroads in Titusville, but we heard that both of those are good food as well.

The staff is first rate – absolutely fantastic and so helpful. On the second night our TV in the living room shorted out, and within 20 minutes we had a 42” plasma as a replacement!! Not too shabby! All-in-all you cannot go wrong with RCB and you will truly enjoy your stay there. It is one of the best we have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family