“Resort cocoa is a great family vacation with location close to Disney”

The Resort on Cocoa Beach
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Anyone wanting to enjoy a great resort and beach plus add a few days to drive in to one of the amusement parks in Orlando it is a great way to do it. I do not want to stay in a Disney park for 5-7 days so we love coming to The Resort on Cocoa Beach.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ScarlettM734

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This was out first trip to cocoa beach for a week vacation. We normally stay in Orlando but this time we decided to stay on the beach with some friends and do day trips into Orlando. This definitely has it's pros and cons but the beach and the resort have been great. The beach is very large with great sand. The waves are decent enough for boogie boarding and there have been several kids surfing. The waves role up onto the shore gently enough for small kids to safely play in as well. As far as the resort goes, they do a good job of maintaining things. The room we stayed in was as expected. They do an excellent job with activities for small kids and trying to entertain the guests and their families. The tennis and basketball courts look nice although I didn't use them. Plenty of teenagers have though. On top do that that have a neat theater for kids to watch movies during the day. The pool is nice And it is very warm as well. Night swimming has been a lot of fun.

As for cocoa beach, I was hoping for a few more attractions other than the beach. The town didn't have as much to offer than I expected. If you are looking for more than just lounging by the pool of the ocean cocoa beach might not be the place for you.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CoreyEast
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have stayed at the Resort on Coca Beach several times and enjoyed each & every stay..
Its located right off the main fairway and has lots of family-oriented activities like a Indoor play area & arcade, basketball court, outdoor large swimming pool and a MOVIE THEATER..lol and its own beach access where you can rent lounge chairs and umbrellas for the day..
Really Great Resort..

Room Tip: If you are booking a beachfront villa,make sure you are placed on the third floor or higher for the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank fatdes
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just got back from one week (Sat to Fri) at Cocoa Beach Hotel. I reserved an ocean front. Be sure to stay above the 2nd floor or else your view will be of the sand dunes only. The rooms themselves are very nice. A little annoying aspect is that I had to inventory EVERYTHING in the room or else I would be charged for it. When I told the front desk that I was missing something, they said don't worry about it. Hopefully I won't be charged. Since I was one night short of a full week according to the hotel, I did not get any maid service mid week. A bit of an annoyance but I was able to change sheets, towels, once a day, so it was not that bad. The restaurant in the hotel was very nice, pool was great. Weird thing is that the tiki bar at the pool was only open from 11 to about 4 or 5. I would have liked to eat their for dinner while the kids swam in the pool, but for some reason it closed early. The resort also had a movie theater, kids activities for a small fee, activity desk, small game room. The only reason why I gave it 4 out of 5 were the minor inconveniences the overall feeling that I wasn't welcomed. Perhaps, when I asked for a change of 20 for the arcade ( ie: one 10 and 2 fives so I can get coins from the machine) and the front desk said that they didn't have any change, oh well, it was a minor thing and an annoyance. Also, some of our neighbors loved to smoke and curse on their balconies. So bad, that we had to have the kids stay off the balcony. Finally, the sheets were noisy. On the bed, every time you turned over the sheets made noise! However, I would definitely stay here again as it was very nice and should have been very family friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room over the 2nd floor so you could see the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank noelle1156
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Last January we rented a condo in Cocoa Beach. Before we left, we booked it again for January 2015. We were on the first floor of this complex, had excellent access to the pool and the beach. We rented through VHBO and the owners made us feel right at home. We couldn't ask for a nicer place to rent through nicer people.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hurls1949
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Rented a 2 bedroom condo with a partial ocean view for 2 nights, I was pleasantly surprised by the condo, nice rooms, very clean. The pool area was real nice. The food at the pool was quite good. Very short walk through the dune area to the ocean. Definitely recommend

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FiberOptic
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We rented a very comfortable 2 bedroom apartment for 4 nights before the "madness" of Disney! The apartment was spotless and very well presented. Furnishings were of good quality, lovely white sheets and towels. We really enjoyed the first part of our holiday which also helped us get over the jet lag. We are not timeshare owners but were not bothered by any selling. The staff were all very polite and helpful, would definitely recommend this resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family