“Renovated rooms are great”

Motel 6 Cocoa Beach
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is under renovation. I'm sure when it's done,the prices will go up. When we first checked in, the front desk staff Tamara was very friendly. We were first put in a non-renovated room which we did not stay in due to the overwhelming musty smell. The room was clean but it must've been the carpet that smelled.

We were moved to a renovated room which was a completely different experience. The floors were a linoleum type floor with a wood look. The beds seemed new and were very comfortable. We did not get the room with the fridge in microwave since I didn't think it would make a difference. Boy, was I wrong. The room next to us had the fridge and microwave and was almost twice the size, almost like an efficiency. It would definitely have been worth the extra money to have more space.

There are a massive amount of white birds that keep their nests on the roof of the hotel. Due to environmental reasons, they cannot stop this. It didn't bother me much but if you are a light sleeper, it could keep you up at night and/or wake you up early in the morning as they are pretty noisy. Some of the babies fell off the roof and the staff was quick to put them back up. My kids loved seeing the birds and helping the baby birds but I could imagine it could be seen as a nuisance by some.

The pool was clean and well kept. The lobby had free coffee and tea in the morning and was satisfactory. You can walk to the beach, about 2 blocks away. It's calm and beautiful. Bring boogie boards to ride the waves. You can also ride a bike on the sand. Ron Jon Surf shop is also a two block walk away.

Overall, very pleased, especially for the price and location.

Room Tip: Get the renovated room with the fridge and microwave. It's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy P

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm here right now writing from the WI-FI. The WI-FI is slow and $3.00 a day. Oh well. That is the only problem.

Pool is clean. Laundry room is cleaned out regularly. AC blew nice and cold. My wife and I flipped EVERYTHING over in the hotel as soon as we showed up. Not one bug to be found. We flipped both beds, slid all the furniture out. Not one bug. (Commmon sense should tell you to ask for the second floor at a $60 hotel)

Hotel receptionists were awesome. They gave us advice on how to find what we needed. Smiling, I even made an idiot out of myself with a dumb joke and it was all good.

My wife did however get crapped on by a bird. Which was funny.

For $60, you get what you pay for, and I was impressed. Within walking distance from the beach.

You pretentious turds who are expecting the Hamptons for $60 a night need to get laid. Seriously. Don't spend $60 when every hotel in the area is $100+, then come on here and leave a bad review. Use your brain a little bit.

My wife and I have stayed up for ~30 mins laughing at some of these reviews. These people probably want their butt wiped with silk paper too.

Room Tip: Pick the second floor. Duh!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank twoonesicks
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel backs up the the beach so it's a great beach spot. Rooms are basic and pretty clean, not gross but not spotless. Staff is nice. There's a Waffle House next door and it's within walking distance to the world famous Ron Jon Surf Shop.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank VacationKitty
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This place is by far the worst motel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are very dirty, I saw countless cockroaches of all sizes. There was even a flattened one folded up in my bed sheets. The bathrooms are gross, we had to turn the water to the toilet off to stop it from over flowing. The entire room had a over powering wet carpet smell that was untouchable. Steven at the front desk was the only pleasant part of our stay. The manager, Eric was far from helpful and needs a serious class in customer service. He was extremely rude and pompous. He seemed to be on a power trip allowing his inflated ego to interfere with providing any type of guest satisfaction. You would have a better experience sleeping in your car than staying the night at this motel.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank jbeaul885
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I would not let my dog stay at this hotel. The security officer called the police and had me thrown out after i declined giving him my phone number. The manager Richard is pimp and should be fired. There was bird crap everywhere and the room was not clean. I was glad to leave. The security officer with the beard is a crack head pervert.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank guestkay
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a reservation and asked to see the room before checking in. Thank goodness we did! On the way to the room we dodged enough bird crap to fertilize a football field! It appeared to be a massive accumulation! On our way to the room we were treated to quite a few room s with open doors and shirtless guys inside! A little creepy to say the least! When we got to the room the door key failed to work....the one I had to leave my drivers license to obtain. The curtains were open and the The Lord they were! This was the crappiest room I've seen probably EVER! The carpet was kinky looking and both beds had LARGE craters in the center...large enough to be seen through the dirty window! We promptly went and gave them the key back....drove into Rockledge and got the greatest room at Holiday inn Express on Hwy 520! DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL! GROSS GROSS GROSS! On the flip side....the man and woman at the front desk were very nice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

True, it is one of the least expensive "hotels" in Cocoa Beach. And when we checked in, the woman at the desk was very nice, friendly and helpful. Now for the bad: The bed was old and the mattress pad even older! I do have to say that it appeared that the cleaning staff did a good job. Our room faced the pool & it looked like a nice pool. The beach is nearby (not oceanfront - but not far. I also heard from a friend living nearby that prostitues use the hotel for their private business. I did see signs stating that police have the right to barge into the room if they feel there is unlawful activity being engaged in the room. Boy, that really made me feel at ease!!! Also, when taking the stairs to our room, there was an odor of urine in the outdoor stairwell. I couldn't wait to leave!

Room Tip: I would prefer the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family