“Very nice place to stay in Cocoa Beach”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I just returned from a 4-night stay at this hotel. I chose it based on reviews from this site. I was worried, however, that the positive reviews were from people who were looking for a budget hotel and liked this place. I am willing to spend a little more for a nice hotel, but I was not at all disappointed.

From the outside, this place does not look like much. If I were choosing hotels based just on the exterior alone, I would have passed this place up quickly. However, I was given a great rate and decided to take the chance based on the trip advisor reviews.

Our room was very nice. Very clean, very comfortable bed and linens, large bathroom, and a refrigerator. There was even a nice LCD TV with HD Channels (although the TV needed to rescan the available channels as it was frustrating trying to channel surf). WiFi was free, albeit pretty slow, but other places we looked at were charging $10 a night for internet.

We had a direct ocean front room. Be careful when choosing your room. If it does not say direct ocean front, then your room will either face down the beach or towards the parking lot. I heard a couple people upset that they reserved a "beach front" room or something thereof and the room faced down the beach, not directly at the water. The door to the balcony looked really bad, but who cares? The balcony was nice and we sat out there a few nights.

The pool is fine. It's not huge, but its not that bad. We didn't really spend much time at the pool but the bar was nice. The staff was very friendly our entire stay. There was one day we had the "do not disturb" sign up until noon and our room didn't get serviced. I'll blame myself on that one for being so late and not letting the front desk know we still wanted service. The hardwood floors in the room are a really nice touch.

Location was pretty good. Right on the ocean, which is nice. The placement of the pier is also really nice, we ate lunch there twice. Location in Cocoa Beach is only so-so. There's a Publix across the street which was great, but hot spots like Ron Jon are far enough down the road that you can't walk to it.

Overall, I was quite pleased with our stay. We paid around $450 for 4 nights, this place is easily worth more.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ClemTiger0408
Write a ReviewReviews (1,978)

Reviewed 12 August 2009

I just got back from from a three day stay with my mom and five year old nephew. The location is fantastic and is directly on the beach right next to the pier. The rooms are modern and very clean, and have a small fridge and microwave. The hotel is very quiet, but the noisy A/C unit in the room woke me up several times. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Free wi-fi is also a plus. No restaurant on the premises but plenty of places to eat within walking distance, plus a Publix grocery store across the street. I live in Orlando and have been looking for a decent place to stay that is directly on the beach and I think I've found it. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank erguitar
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Our room was oceanfront with a nice balcony and two chairs. Room recently updated with neutral colors, nice artwork, granite or granite like counters and laminate floors. Very clean. The beds were comfortable and the freebies were from Bath and Body works. The pool was cozy and there was a tiki bar. Short walkway to beach. Although some areas still need updated a little (elevators and ice machines for instance) overall great experience. This is my new favorite for a quick get-away to Cocoa Beach from Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Free2Be407
Reviewed 29 July 2009

My family stayed at this hotel for three nights in July 2009 and had a slightly above average experience. On the positive side, the location is great. It is right on the beach, which was the main feature we were looking for. The beach was never crowded however you have to pay $20/day to rent an umbrella and two lounge chairs. There has obviously been some remodeling recently as the rooms and waterfall area off the lobby can attest. We had a direct oceanfront room on the fourth floor with a balcony and great view. Our room looked great with wood floors and newer looking furniture and fixtures. However once we started using things we noticed some problems. The bathroom faucet was very loose, to the point where you had to hold it down with one hand while pulling up on the lever with the other. Two of the dresser drawers had their knobs pulled off so they weren't really usable without pliers to grasp the metal nubs sticking out. The bathtub drain (metal ring with stopper inside) wasn't attached to the tub at all. So the room felt like it was updated but they did a half-assed job on some things. The pool was small and clean but nothing to get excited about. I was hoping for more. The elevator was very worn looking, with some of the buttons not lighting up as they should so you couldn't tell if you pressed the button or not. The breakfast was fine. Maybe not as nice as some others but the selection was decent. There's a make your own waffle station, doughnuts, pastries, yogurt, sausage and biscuits, cereal, etc... It was crowded at times though because there isn't alot of seating. I would have no trouble recommending this hotel to a friend, however if I ever return to Cocoa Beach I will probably try out another place. This place is nice but not enough that I just have to return there. On the other hand Cocoa Beach generally seemed a bit dumpy so it wouldn't surprise me if alot of the other options are much worse. So I'd call this place a safe bet if you're not sure where to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2009

The property couldn't have been better! Clean & updated furnishings & fixtures,nice linen and comfy beds. The pool is nice and the grounds kept up. They even have pool towels, which is unusual for a LaQuinta.The breakfasts were fine with lots of items. The pier is almost next door with 2 or 3 restaurants that were very good. We got very lucky and got an upgrade in room size & enjoyed it a lot!  Staff were pleasant and helpful.
All of the rooms have a balcony with a good ocean view.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vatofla
Reviewed 18 July 2009

This hotel was great.The staff was incredible,we arrived at 3:00 am on a Friday night/Saturday morning with no problems.We requested an oceanview room & got it,no problems.I figured with it being so late that we would get what was left,but not the case.All of the staff here are very friendly & polite.
I read online about the rooms being in poor shape by a couple of people,& read that they were remodeled by several peoples reviews.The room was very nice,it had some kind of laminate or hard wood flooring instead of carpet,which was very nice with the hotel being right on the beach & sand & water being tracked in constantly.
Overall,our stay was very enjoyable,we will be back to this hotel the next time we're in the area.We were here for the beach & Kennedy Space Center.
If youre gonna be in the Cocoa Beach area,give this hotel a go,you WON'T be disappointed.
One last thing that I forgot to mention.Since we arrived so late Friday night,I called Saturday & requested a late check out.I figured it would be a no-go,but the lady at the front desk asked what time we would like to check out Sunday & she made it happen.
Again,we were very impressed with this hotel & its staff. Happy Trails.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ineedaroadtrip
Reviewed 6 July 2009

The hotel right by the pier, right on the beach. The room had a balcony where we could sit and watch the beach, a nice laminate floor so they can sweep up the beach you bring back to the room, and a decent sized fridge to have something cool to drink when you need a break from the sun.

They serve a modest breakfast, but if you want a real breakfast I would recommend the Omelet Station just up the street. (Be sure to get the orange juice. They squeeze it fresh right there in the restaurant!)

A lifeguard is on duty there by the pier, so it is a bit safer if you have kids.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family