“Great Little Surprise”

Fat Kahuna's Beach Side Grille
Ranked #1 of 169 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: FAT KAHUNA'S RESTAURANT, AWARDED 2014 TRIPADVISOR CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE Recognised as a Top Performing Restaurant as Reviewed by Travelers on the World's Largest Travel Site Enjoy a beautiful Tropical atmosphere with Breezy outdoor seating and a gorgeous Ocean view. Indoor seating offers a cool, air-conditioned getaway, with soft background Hawaiian music and tasteful Island decor. Our wrap around bar and full screen television provide an entertaining twist with non-stop surf footage, friendly staff, and a taste of Aloha.... Straight from Hawaii. IMPORTANT** If Map Questing us please use following address: 2 Minutemen Causeway Cocoa Beach........ We are RIGHT NEXT DOOR literally 10 steps west of that address! Aloha
Davie, Florida
“Great Little Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My Husband and I were looking for a local place to eat while in town and we found our way to Fat Kahuna's. We read great reviews online and decided to give it a try. What a surprise this cute little place was. The mahi-mahi was cooked perfectly and had the best flavor I've ever had on a piece of fish. The serving size is very large and the prices are very good for such a great meal. My Husband had the surf and turf and was very impressed. The service was wonderful. We will be dining here again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank jerirp

Tampa, Florida
“Great burger & key lime pie! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great food, Friendly staff! Went in for lunch and had their bacon cheddar burger. The burger was cooked perfectly and loaded with cheese and bacon. I also had the key lime pie and it was out of this world!

1 Thank Ryan M
Valdosta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in Cocoa Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

As a vegetarian, I often find it difficult to find vegetarian/vegan menu items outside the realm of your typical salad, when out with friends (at a restaurant of their choosing). Fat Kahuna’s, however, delivered one of the best meals I’ve ever had. My friends told the owner that I was a vegetarian pretty much the second we sat down, and he assured me that he would make something awesome for me. Side note: the owner is gluten-free, so anyone with those sort of dietary needs would be able to eat delicious food here, without issue.

I started with a white sangria, and it was amazing. The owner then brought out fresh vegetable tempura (zucchini, summer squash, and mushrooms) with two different sauces to choose from (he told me that he’d soon be selling the sauces on his website, and I plan on buying them in bulk when he does). After the tempura, he brought out grilled zucchini steaks and more sauce—this was the best thing I think I’ve ever eaten. My fiancé, who is a die-hard meat eater, loved it too. After the zucchini steaks, I was brought a salad (but not your typical salad). The salad was lettuce, topped with crumbled bleu cheese, topped with sautéed pecans, red peppers, and onions, topped with homemade bleu cheese dressing.

My only regret was not saving enough room to try the dessert there (homemade key lime pie and pineapple upside down cake). Basically the entire experience was amazing and I cannot wait to eat there again when I’m back in the area. My friends entered food comas after eating corn-breaded shrimp, coconut shrimp, Ahi Tuna (with homemade sauces), and surf & turf with coconut infused rice and mango slaw. This is BY FAR the best restaurant I’ve ever been to—I would recommend it to everyone.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Laura R
“Not so fat, Kahuna”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had lunch there on a Sunday afternoon. Sat outside and watched the seemingly endless mob descend upon the Beach. Our food was inconsequential: coconut shrimp, seared tuna, mahi. None of our meals were terribly bad but none were outstanding either. Service was average. I would recommend if you want to be entertained by humanity passing you by as they head to the beach.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Rusty32
Murrysville
“Great affordable food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Great food at an affordable price. Authentic Hawaiian food and good dessert. I recommend the Hawaiian chicken and pineapple juice. Key lime pie and pineapple upside down cake for dessert. It took a while to get our food but the taste made up for it. A must go in cocoa beach

2 Thank JJAMASTER