“Great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fat Kahuna's Beach Side Grille
Ranked #1 of 168 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: FAT KAHUNA'S RESTAURANT, AWARDED 2014 TRIPADVISOR CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE Recognised as a Top Performing Restaurant as Reviewed by Travelers on the World's Largest Travel Site Enjoy a beautiful Tropical atmosphere with Breezy outdoor seating and a gorgeous Ocean view. Indoor seating offers a cool, air-conditioned getaway, with soft background Hawaiian music and tasteful Island decor. Our wrap around bar and full screen television provide an entertaining twist with non-stop surf footage, friendly staff, and a taste of Aloha.... Straight from Hawaii. IMPORTANT** If Map Questing us please use following address: 2 Minutemen Causeway Cocoa Beach........ We are RIGHT NEXT DOOR literally 10 steps west of that address! Aloha
Beavercreek, OH
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Found this place on TripAdvisor and stopped there for dinner. It's a small little place just steps from the beach. The service was a little slow at first, but then recovered. The staff is very friendly and helpful with suggestions. The coconut shrimp was excellent. We then chose the surf and turf (with shark) and both were very, very good. Even the marinated vegetables were good. Would definitely go back.

“Great experience! Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

FANTASTIC!! I found this gem through Yelp after a long day at Kennedy Space Center. The seating was quite limited (as stated in other reviews) and since two tables had just been seated they told us that it would be 30-45 minutes. I gave them my phone number and we went next door to have a drink while we waited.
The owner and his wife were very welcoming and he was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his menu. We ordered the fried mozzarella balls and couldn't believe how light and delicate they were. They were served with three different sauces, all delicious, and were devoured instantly because they were so good. After this he brought out complimentary homemade black bean hummus with freshly made tortilla chips. I don't usually like hummus but I LOVED this. So good!
For my main course I ordered the surf and turf: a 6oz fillet garnished with bacon and a decadent Gorgonzola sauce (perfection) and a seared black sesame encrusted ahi tuna with a wasabi and teriyaki glaze. I savored both to the very last bite.
The other entrees ordered were the garlic shrimp, and pineapple chicken - both of which received rave reviews - although the star at the table was definitely the surf and turf.
Apparently there was some sort of mix up with the order so they gave us an order of their homemade key lime pie, which was scrumptious.
Overall it was a fantastic end to our day. If you're ever in Cocoa Beach definitely come here if you want delicious food with friendly and prompt service. I will definitely be back!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great, fresh, delicious fish tacos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We tried Fat Kahuna's during a pre-cruise stay on Cocoa Beach due to the #1 Trip Advisor rating, and we weren't disappointed. Excellent ahi tuna and blackened mahi tacos with fresh and delicious sides. We did not find the prices ($15 for tacos and $6 for house wine) to be excessive, given the quality of the product.

Service was a bit spotty, but there were only a couple of servers for the whole restaurant.

Note: Fat Kahuna's has very few tables. When we tried to call to make a reservation, no one answered the phone on several tries. We took our chances and drove on over and snagged the last table they had available. All this at 7:00 on a Saturday night!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I can say that this is my go to place for food above everything else in the area. I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. We had been disappointed in the past when we were through the area and happen to hit on a time when they were closed. Not today, we made a detour on out way from Orlando. I have to say this is one of the few places where I remember the food I had previously. The prices are great. Being from Orlando, I am familiar with restaurant prices and you can't do better than here. That is, unless you are looking at fast food. If you are looking for fast food burgers and fries, obviously look to fast food restaurants. If you want great food, great service, and great atmosphere right near the beach then I would choose here each and every time. I also have to say great things about our servers Hilary and Sarah. They came by the table multiple times to check on us but never interrupting. Just the right amount of times at the right time. You can't say enough about that too.

Overall, eat here. It's a great place. I will be back as much as I can. It's even worth the drive from Orlando and I couldn't really say I would do the same for many other places.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

been there a few times. really need work on service but it is getting better..food great,every time i have been there. miss the green beans though..

• Visited July 2014