“Beautiful and relaxing.”

Beach Place Guesthouses
“Beautiful and relaxing.”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed for just 2 nights and wished we could of stayed longer. The owers were always around if you need anything they went above and beyond then we asked for extras like fax machine, laundry. They had great recommendation on places to eat and actives to do in the area. Every thing you need for the beach was available to you. The outdoor decorations where breath taking. You could tell they took pride in how well maintained the place was. We can't wait until we make it to cocoa beach again so we can stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Red397

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed here during labor day weekend. This beautiful guesthouse is only steps from the beach and the gorgeous gardens around the property are a prefect spot to hang out. We really loved the Hammock! Our room was spacious and clean and the kitchen had all the necessary equipment for us to prepare dinner. Make sure and catch at least one sunrise during your stay here. Great for the Soul! We'll definitely be back

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dunnemk
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My boyfriend recently relocated to Central Florida and I had been searching for a place for us to visit that was close enough to drive to for the weekend. My initial thought was the Keys since this is one of our favourite places to visit - but this did not seem doable considering the drive was an approximate 8 hours, as opposed to 3 hours from his previous location in South Florida.

When I was searching online for the perfect anniversary weekend-getaway-surprise my goal was to find something that was private, quiet, removed from the hustle-and-bustle, and of course oceanfront. I luckily came across Beach Place Guesthouses and after reading so many wonderful reviews I decided to take the leap and book a stay with them.

We arrived around 6pm on a Friday evening, the property was surprisingly located on a main and busy road - our initial concern when pulling into the parking space was that it was going to be noisy because of the road and because of the close distance between the nearing properties, needless to say our concerns were completely wrong!! We were greeted by a friendly woman who happened to be in charge for the weekend since the owners were away. She pleasantly showed us to our room and explained that if we needed anything at all to advise her without any hesitation.

The room that we booked was "Zoe" and it was oceanfront and at the back of the property - we overheard someone saying that, that specific room is actually the honeymoon suite. The room was spacious - it consisted of a living room with couch and sofa, dining area, as well as a fully equipped kitchen ready to be used for cooking! There was also a spacious bathroom with a stand up shower, and the bedroom had ample closet space as well as a second TV.

In the outdoor areas there were multiple grills that were accessible to all patrons, but they never appeared to be busy - we made full use of these, it was a plus for us! Also there was a small shed which was fully stocked with beach chairs, boogie boards and other fun beach equipment for both adults and/or children.

The atmosphere was completely casual, relaxed and comfortable; the landscaping was absolutely lush and beautiful, it provided a ton of privacy and we really felt as if we were the only people there at our own private home. I can confidently say that the actual photos on their website were an exact representation of what this place actually looks like in person. Will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ivujevic
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I am writing this review 8 months after we stayed here (sorry guys but we got there eventually). We stayed here after a Disney cruise with the intention of watching the shuttle launch. Unfortunately that was postponed so we decided to shorten our stay and see more of Florida. Hernando was very accommodating of this change in plans and refunded the remaining days notwithstanding the fact that we had committed to a minimum stay for the shuttle launch.
When we first arrived we were not sure it was a great find especially as we were given the room very close to the road. However we had a thoroughly enjoyable 3 days there - it is so relaxed and right on the beach so you could walk straight out of your room onto the beach.

We certainly recommend it and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the road (although it is not that busy)
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Voiceofwisdom
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed here with my 4yo daughter for the last shuttle launch in Feb 2011. After 12 hours of travelling, we showed up at 11pm and were shown to our room. My daughter started talking about how hungry she was and we decided that we would eat the rest of our snacks then head out in the morning for food. Not 10 minutes later, our host brought us a basket of food - a wonderful welcome for a hungry Mom and kid!

Their hospitality continued throughout the trip. When Joseph & Hernando learned we were heading out to the launch, they made sure we were equipped with a cooler and blanket (which made the 10 hour wait so much more comfortable). They invited us to join the snowbirds for a pizza party and we had a blast! Even the other guests were welcoming!

Our room was comfortable and steps away from the beach. They had so much beach gear that we never had to worry about bringing anything with us - we just borrowed something for the day.

A year later, my daughter still talks about this trip!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank amjj32
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My family (myself, my wife, and our 7 year old son) visited the Beach Place Guesthouses over Thanksgiving of 2011 for three days. Before booking, I emailed them with questions about availability and rates. They replied quickly and answered all my inquires. I expected a funky/quirky/unique property that was laid back allowing guests to be independent. I was not looking for a chain or spa type resort. I can tell you I was very satisfied. Upon arrival, Joseph Paulus booked us in. He upgraded us to a larger guest house as there was availability. The guest house had two bedrooms, a small living area/dinning area, and a bathroom. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the linens were comfortable. The kitchenette was perfect as we used it to prepare a small thanksgiving meal. We did learn after packing the dishwasher that it was not working. We told management and I assume they fixed it. They have a storage shed with beach equipment (balls, boogie boards, chairs, umbrella,...) so there was no need to bring anything. The property is a collection of building with common areas. The common areas are large wooden decks with chairs and hammocks to relax. Access to the beach is easy, just a short walk through the dunes and the Atlantic is before you. In the evening small fire pits were lit and there was wood to stoke it if you wanted. There were other guests around but it never seemed crowded. Everyone seemed pleasant and content. I think we were the only “family” present on the property but my son had fun. Hey it's the beach. In general this is a great place for independent minded people staying in this area. It has character and charm. Felt similar to visiting a friends parent's beach house. I would definitely return. It would be a very nice romantic rendezvous for couples. However, if you have kids still fun.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Robert_plmbch
Sudbury, MA
Reviewed 1 January 2012

After spending two nights at Beach House Guesthouses, we were ready to cancel our hotel reservation in Islamorada and spend the rest of the week at this amazing oasis in a desert of Florida high rises (sadly, we couldn't cancel our other reservation and had to depart). This beautiful spread right on the beach is picture perfect and as comfortable as home. Even though the days we were there the water was not the aquamarine blue that I expected, it was so warm that I walked right in, and the sand so level that it was as easy as pie to run on it. The waves are just big enough to surf (both body and board), but not so big that you get knocked over by their force (the sound of the surf is very soothing too). There was hardly anyone else on the beach that is separated from the homes and hotels by low sand dunes with sea grass--picture perfect--so that you felt as though you were on on exclusive island.

The owners, Joseph and Hernando, not only go out of their way to make you feel welcome and part of their community, but they have also created a work or art to commune in. We called to let them know we were going to be late on Christmas eve, and they were only too happy to recommend a wonderful German restaurant called Heidi's (see my review). When we arrived at our room at 9:00 PM, we found breakfast for the next two days, which included fresh Indian River orange juice and (I think) local blood oranges. Then to top it all off, they invited us to share their Christmas dinner with them on their fabulous pergola covered deck (they have four of them, each with slate centers on which they can place fire pits). We really enjoyed meeting their friends, some of whom were former residents, and had the most convivial time.

There's so much to see on the property--fountains, works of art, and interesting landscaping--and the rooms are perfectly attired in casual, but clean-lined furnishings and accessories. The kitchen is extraordinarily well-stocked with practically every utensil and appliance you can imagine, and the owners let you enjoy your vacation by providing paper towels, soap, sponges, and more. I contrast this exceptional experience with the one we had in Islamorada, where all they supplied was a sponge and dish soap, and the room cost was more than $100 more.

I'm sure Joseph and Hernando are aware of how special their place is, but it's always nice to hear it yet again, so here's a shout out to them!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the ocean only have one bedroom. The owners upgraded us to a two bedroom, whic...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family