We are a family with two little boys who have a fair bit of travel experience. We were looking for a week getaway in Cocoa Beach to be near the Kennedy Space Center and Orlando and tumbled upon this gem! The owners, Joseph and Hernando, were very friendly, laid back and hospitable. We stayed at one of the Ocean Side guesthouses and the staff here made a special effort to make sure all our needs were met. The villa had everything we needed and more. The property these guesthouses are located on is so beautiful. It was like walking into an Antonio Gaudi piece of architecture. The place had a very Mediterranean feel to it, vibrant and warm colors everywhere. It was as close as southern Spain you were going to get here in the USA. The place was very quaint as well. It was a far cry from the chain hotels and even the overcrowded beach resorts with too many pools and restaurants. Everything we needed was here. We could eat out if we had the choice or use our kitchen or even better, the outdoor grill which was itself a piece of art and overlooked the sea. The boys could play on the sand while made use of the grill or relaxed in hammocks all while keeping our eye on them. Parts of the property felt like you were explori ng an enchanted garden and if you looked closely you could discover some hidden art pieces, large seashells and sand dollars buried in the ground. And the beach, the best part! A beach covered in shells, what a great treat for the kids. Also, I must mention, my 9 year old spent much of his time reptile hunting with fishing nets all over the property. Shell hunting, reptile hunting, sand castle building, and hammock swinging are all they did for 5 days straight. That and play with the beautiful outdoor shower/fountain that was also an art piece itself. Oh yes, it also helped that the property had its own shed filled with beach toys, umbrellas and chairs that you could use. There was also a sweet little bungalow area to use. It was all in all for us a very peaceful, island like vacation in every way. We are pretty laid back and this was the perfect spot for us.
I would say our stay beat any all inclusive vacation any day.
We would love to return again soon…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach Place Guesthouses is located on the south end of Cocoa Beach in the middle of a residential neighborhood, providing a peaceful environment for your family. Restaurants, nightlife and art galleries are minutes from our 17 guesthouses. Our guesthouses possess soothing colors; relaxing atmosphere along with all of the amenities of home. All guesthouses are steps from the beach. Three ocean view decks. Hammocks, over-sized lounges and wood burning fireplaces are here to rejuvenate your spirit. Relax and gather with family and friends on one of the beautiful pergolas all year long! BBQ grills are plentiful throughout the grounds for your dining pleasure! For your beach comfort, we have colorful beach chairs, umbrellas and beach towels. Every one of our guesthouses has a unique view of peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beach Place Guesthouses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Place Guesthouses Hotel Cocoa Beach
- Beach Place Guesthouses Cocoa Beach, Florida