“Seven years highly satisfied”

Anthony's On The Beach
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Except for staying elsewhere one time these past seven years, a big mistake, I have stayed at Anthony's On The Beach for two to four weeks each year. I love it! Personal service, full kitchen, spacious room (I always stay on second floor, which all have kitchens). Also, it is adult oriented and the few children I've seen on the beach here are always closely watched. I love staying at "Mom & Pop" motels. When visiting Puerto Vallarta or elsewhere outside the US, I do NOT stay in the all inclusive sites. I enjoy the fact I see the familiar faces of the managers here, every year. For those who appreciate a quiet get-away, comfortable lodging, friendly and consistent staff, best bang for your buck, this is the place !!!

Room Tip: I would choose an upper floor room with kitchen !!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank KEVIN J
There are newer reviews for Anthony's On The Beach

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We came over a few weeks ago to Cocoa Beach, and thought we would try an "ouuta the way hotel", well unfortunately we went way too far outta the way!! I read good reviews and thought that Anthony's would be nice. Boy were we WRONG! this place was old and GROSS!!! do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!!

Room Tip: NO POOL>>>Dirty<<<Moldy!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank maggiejansen675
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Rooms and baths are clean, if a bit small. Only stayed one night but loved the private beach, location was quiet but close enough to everything! Made some great memories and would stay here again. If you are looking for The Ritz this is not the place for you!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed there April 2013. When we checked in there was a smell in the room but after we opened the window and moldy smell went away. We had a room near the roadway and we heard traffic throught the night. There is a lovely sitting area at the other end of the motel which is right on the beach - I did not hear any traffic - perhaps we were at the wrong end of the motel. The room had a bar fridge for your snacks and beverages along with a microwave; we took advantage of buying breakfast items and having them in our room to save on restaurant costs. There is a public laneway for the public to access the beach but there is no public parking; this creates an almost secluded beach area dedicated to the motel and private residences in the area. It is basic and clean. I did notice housekeeping cleaning one of the rooms and he was busy wiping down countertops - it was a nice feeling that made me feel my room was properly wiped down.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the beach end.
2  Thank ScooterNovaScotia
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

This motel is way down far from anything in Cocoa Beach. We wanted to escape and after reading all of the good reviews thought we'd try Anthonys but, Don't. The place was not ckean and the rooms were small and expensive! I do like that it was private.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank rustypot
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My partner and I went on a spur of the momemt Florida trip, and after reading some nice things about this hotel we decided to check it out. Then even before we checked in we wanted to "CHECK OUT"!!!! I have no clue what the good reviews were about or who may have written them! This place was OLD,DIRTY and VERY UNFRIENDLY!!! Or maybe they are just "HOMOPHOBIC", my girlfriend and I got the "COLD SHOLDER" when we asked to view a room! Not a Good business!!

Room Tip: No pool, NOT friendly!
1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We will definitely be back! Great value. Small but clean. This is a no frills kind of place...but the places before and after on the beach are privately owned so you do not have people all over the place. We saw two other couples while here Friday eve. They checked out Sat am and we were the only ones left. AWESOME! Truly relaxing! The room is literally steps from the ocean.
We got one of the two waterfront rooms and LOVED it.
*Note-this is NOT the place for you if you want amenities. This is a place you come to get away from it all and relax. Bring your food, etc as there are not a bunch of restaurants around...although you can drive back into the town part of Cocoa Beach (about 4 or 5 miles) and find stores and restaurants.
Pros:quiet, secluded-almost deserted beach, clean, has mini-fridge w freezer, microwave and wifi. Owners are super friendly and helpful.
Cons:no ice machine, noisy AC unit, small room
SO glad I read and trusted the reviews from Trip Advisor. After reading them, we decided to give it a try.

3  Thank 935lisas