Beach Island Resort
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$138
US$178
US$210
US$187
Hilton.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$127
US$109
US$134
US$180
US$167
  • Pool
Anthony's On The Beach(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Cocoa Beach Suites(Cocoa Beach)
US$100
US$97
  • Beachfront
US$235
US$189
  • Pool
All reviewsold floridapool and hot tubcalled johnfull kitchenboogie boardspleasant stayexcellent stayview of the oceansherrieunitssandmotelbeachstaycationcocoapublix
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel recently got taken over by Mike Cooney and his wife, they are such kind people!! They were extremely compassionate towards our situation and all around great people. The hotel is sweet and has great private beach access. The rooms have a full little kitchen which is a huge plus on the beach. The hotel itself used to be where they housed the astronauts in the 1950's (NASA). Having spending my childhood growing up with my Grandma in Cocoa Beach, it was really nice to have a family environment at the hotel. I wish the best of luck to Mike and his wife. Great location, great place, great for little families, great people!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was't even going to leave a comment, but just read a review someone wrote, and thought I would add my 2 cents (well maybe 3). My wife & I stayed at Beach Island Resort for our anniversary a few weeks back & absolutely loved it! The cottages are a little older and could use some updating, but were clean & very spacious. Our 8 yr old daughter was with us, and it was the perfect environment for families, both relaxing and peaceful. During our stay the management did an awesome job, looked after everything! I must say some people crack me up though, I just read a previous review & was shaking my head! A one or two bdrm cottage (living room, full kitchen etc), in the perfect location (steps away from the beach), at that price??, are you kidding me? Other than personal crap & baby sitting tips on how to look after their kids while unattended, it told me nothing about the area or property! We had an awesome trip to Cocoa Beach when we went, even got to see a launch (amazing right from the beach). We also got to see a speed boat race they have each year ( although the pier was a little too packed for my liking). Also got some great pictures of a car show that weekend (just down the road from the resort). We took our daughter to Kennedy Space Station too, it takes the better part of the day but truly worth it! For us, the whole experience at both Beach Island Resort and Cocoa Beach itself was outstanding, will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin facing the beach, and get up early enough to see the sun rise (incredible). For quieter areas, I would avoid the cabins right beside the pool or hot tub.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Robbie B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family and I have been going to BIR for four years now. We meet up with other family members and friends and rented five rooms this year. Since we have been going there for several years we've also met some of the other guests and time share owners who vacation there the same time we go. It has been a wonderful "family" experience up until this year.While the location and grounds are beautiful, the new management leaves a lot to be desired. The rooms themselves are another story. Mike, the new manager should consider a new line of work perhaps at a retirement home. The tone he takes with the guests is quite rude and obnoxious to say the least. Several examples are that Mike ran after children "screaming" at them to stop chasing the bunny. Seriously?? There was a group of younger people hanging out at the tables late into the night and Mike was quite nasty about it and said no partying after 9:00PM because it was "quite" time. When Mike was questioned about it the next morning, his response was, "there's a new sheriff in town and if you don't like it perhaps you should find another place to stay." He changes the rules as he sees fit. The sign on the pool said open 8:00AM-10:00PM yet yelled at children in the pool to get out at 8:45PM. When an adult expressed their concern because the sign clearly said 10:00PM Mike again took a rude and nasty tone with the quest quoting FL statues. Check in time is 4:00PM. One friend had to wait until 5:45 to check in because Mike "was busy" at that time running around doing everything but checking guests in. I could go on but I won't. All in all this was a miserable stay. I felt I had to walk on egg shells because of the new manager. You never knew when you were going to get yelled at for doing what most people do at the beach during a long weekend. I've been in the hospitality industry and this is NOT how you treat guests, especially paying guests. Sadly, the way Mike speaks to guests is not something that is learned but rather his personality and that's something you cannot change. If Mike wants to manage a place that has quite time after 9:00PM, no children running around, no children kicking a ball on the grass, no people partying and laughing, perhaps he should consider managing a retirement home. To top it off, the hotel is sub par at best. Not all rooms have fully equipped kitchens and they aren't that clean.To spend the kind of money we spent and be treated the way we were treated we will not be going back there as long as Mike is the in-house manager. The only bright spot was housekeeping who was so very accommodating and very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Loweeze L
Catrell C, Manager at Beach Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Mike, Manager at Beach Island Resort Response: This is a great example of there are always two sides to every story. What you failed to mention is that I had received numerous complaints about you and your group including being noisy very late at night plus excessive drinking and drunkenness — all in front of your children. I will be the first to admit that I did not handle several of the issues you mentioned in a professional manner, but regrettably that sometimes happens when it is necessary to continue to point out to adults that their behavior is unacceptable at a family resort. Lastly, several of the guests who complained about your group's behavior stated that "if I wrecked your fun, they would hate to have been here if you were allowed to do whatever you wanted". I am responsible for making sure all guests have an enjoyable stay, not just a few.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The rooms are ok, but the best part is the easy access to the beach. Small rooms, basics in the kitchen,small but nice pool; this is a good place if you do not need to be right in the middle of the tourist attractions and enjoy a quite beach. The beach has just recently been rennovated

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nomadintraining
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We just spent a wonderful week at the Beach Island Resort. The location, right on the beach, allowed us to easily walk along the beach every morning. It is such a unique place with a clean pool, hot tub and a couple of rabbits that will come over to you & eat out of your hand. The room, with a full kitchen, was clean and the service was exceptional. We were lucky enough to meet Mike & Catrell the day they took over & they just couldn't do enough to make our stay comfortable. We do a lot of traveling and this place is right up there among the best. (not the fanciest, but who needs fancy when the beach is right outside your door!) Biking & running paths right out front. Thanks again MIke & Catrell, you know your travel stuff!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family