“"Great alternative to the beach"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fin Expeditions

Fin Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 33 Tours in Cocoa Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kayak adventure in Cocoa Beach. Kayaking the Thousand Islands with Manatee, Dolphin, and many species of birds while in the heart of the tropical Mangroves. World class nature tour. Approx, 2 hrs. Reservations are required.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Great alternative to the beach"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you're in Cocoa Beach and looking for something else to do besides the beach, then call Fin Expeditions! Tim is a knowledgeable guide and offers a wealth of information regarding the animals and plant life. The kayaking itself is fun, great for beginners and a calm, no pressure experience. We were afraid to take our cameras in case the kayak tipped, but if you follow Tim's instructions, that is unlikely to happen. Just remember to bring a small towel to keep your hands dry. We were fortunate to see several manatees, including a baby. Overall, a wonderful experience!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Luanne S

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This experience alone makes your entire vacation. I highly recommend. It is a great kayaking experience that does not leave you disappointed!

1 Thank Cali C
Syracuse, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This trip is worth every penny! We saw dolphins and manatees up close and personal! Tim is a great guide and very knowledgeable about kayaking and the wildlife. This is a great way to get off the beach and into the ocean.

1 Thank Veperr321
Saint Paul, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Had a great time, highly recommend!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

You really do not need any kayaking experience to do this activity. Tim is very attentive, knowledgeable, and concerned over giving you the best experience possible. We saw a couple manatees up close and personal and went thru a lot of mangroves. This is a very laid back and relaxing kayaking trip. You're not furiously paddling like crazy or trying to catch up. It was a great time.

Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you are looking for an up close and personal kayaking experience this is it. From my initial email contact and throughout our kayaking tour, Tim made my family feel that the trip was customized to our needs. We saw at least ten manatees and one even swam along my kayak, looking up. He must have known that I had just put my camera back in the plastic bag! The entire time we felt safe and relaxed. The launch site is in a small park with restroom facilities and picnic tables. Since we drove from Orlando, we decided to pack a picnic lunch and go to the beach after kayaking. Tim recommended a beach location not far from kayaking. We all enjoyed our day in Cocoa Beach.

My only regret is not getting a single person kayak. Not being experienced, I decided to go with my husband at the last minute. After the trip I realized that I missed an opportunity to get some experience with a wonderful kayak instructor. Next time for sure.

Visited April 2014