“Great new changes with a couple of complaints.”

Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
San Diego
“Great new changes with a couple of complaints.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with the new renovations. The tiki bar and pool deck along with the lobby were hugely improved from our last visit. The staff... especially a couple of people at the desk who gave out towels and rented beach chairs....were very welcoming and engaging. The only complaints would be the smokers on the deck around us while trying to enjoy lunch outside and no more gift shop for convenient last minute items. We'll definitely be back though!

Stayed April 2014
Debra G, General Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay. I was happy to learn you enjoyed your visit and that you appreciated our newly renovated property.

Our Tiki Bar has become quite a popular spot, and eventually pool deck entertainment will be provided. I will share your remarks regarding the friendliness of the beach concession staff.

Even though we had to endure growing pains during our renovations, many of our guests have expressed their satisfaction with the outcome. I hope you will have another opportunity to come back and enjoy our property again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Greek first
Cocoa Beach, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel is going through a remodel, but don't let that effect your decision to stay here. The lobby is very nice, most of the rooms have been upgraded and the outside Tiki bar and deck area are really great. Hotel is right on the ocean with the majority of rooms having an ocean view of some sort. The bar could use a bit more varied menu but other tan that I was very satisfied.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay. I was truly happy to learn you enjoyed your visit and that you appreciated our newly renovated property.

Our Tiki Bar has become quite a popular spot, and eventually pool deck entertainment will be provided. Even though we had to endure growing pains during our renovations, many of our guests have expressed their satisfaction with the outcome.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I can honestly say that I'm well traveled. I am fortunate to have visited a broad array of Hilton properties and the experience varies. This was a stay that was unplanned and booked on a whim. The only thing more rewarding than the property itself was the tiki bar out back. I went down for a drink and got pulled into witty banter with CC the bartender from Michigan. Not only can she make you feel like you're at the bar with an old friend, but she can make a mean drink (get the bloody Mary from her some morning). I have my regular go-to drinks and as a long time bartender myself it's hard to impress me... But wow. When it was time to leave I felt like I had a new friend in Cocoa Beach at the Hilton Tiki bar. This Minneapolis boy did not want to go home. I will be back. Thanks again, CC! You rock.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Our Tiki Bar has become quite a popular spot, and eventually pool deck entertainment will be provided. Your remarks regarding the great service you received will be shared with the appropriate department director.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here recently after trying to dodge some storm plaguing Orlando. The hotel is undergoing some renovation, but what they have completed was great. The new deck and tiki bar area were awesome places to hang out and have a relaxing drink or lunch. The kids loved the pool and the access to the beach was quick and easy. I was very impressed by the courteousness of the staff. My son had a run in with a Portuguese Man-o-war and they helped us treat him for the sting and even came back to check on him the next day to see that everything was OK remembering him by name.

If we go back to this area, we would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. In the midst of our renovations, it appears my staff is living up to the Hilton Brand Promise. Be assured we will continue to strive to show our guests how much we appreciate their patronage.

I was happy to learn you enjoyed our oceanfront location, as it made it safe and convenient for your beach use. Hopefully, you will choose to visit with us again in the future.
Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Continuing building/decorating works did not upset our stay at all. All service provided at the hotel was extremely good. We did have to change rooms as we were overlooking noisy air conditioning units and this was dealt with promptly. New room although not a sea view was very comfortable. Only thing I would say is that it was expensive to hire lounges and umbrella for beach front, for an expensive hotel to stay at I would have expected these additions to be included.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 2nd floor would be better as we were facing the air conditioning units initially, so...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It is very important to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

I am sorry you felt the cost of the beach concessions were too high. Our outside vendors try to provide products and services at an affordable price. I will share your remarks with the beach services owner.

Please feel confident we will continue to strive to make changes in order to keep our guests loyal. We look forward to have you stay with us again in the future.
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Booked this hotel via another site, got a good price. Was only staying here per-cruise, arrived late and was quickly and pleasantly checked into my room. In an unusual move they wanted a copy of my booking, which I had, but never been asked for it before. Internet was free which is a plus. Breakfast buffet was very good with lots of options, and a great view. I booked two rooms, one for me, a second for my parents who arrived earlier in the day, the only downside is that twice while checking in I asked the front desk to call their room and let them know I arrived, they never did. There is not a lot around the hotel, except for the beach, the bus stops near by, and we took a ride around the loop. Cocoa Beach seems like a very nice and clean community. We didn't have any American change so the driver let us ride for free. Staff always smiled and said hello. Check out was also fast and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It is very important to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

Our team members play an essential role to our success. Because we value your patronage every effort is made to make each guest feel special. I will share your remarks with the appropriate department directors.

Please feel confident we will continue to make changes in order to keep our guests loyal. I hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Booked a room for the night prior to our cruise departure. This hotel offered an attractive cruise convenience package which included a great rate, shuttle and parking for the duration of our cruise. All I can say is It is everything a Hilton (and every Hilton I have ever stayed at) shoudl be. This hotel had impeccable service from the desk staff to the bell staff, restaurant and bartenders etc. Our room was on the top floor ocean view and was spotless, quiet and perfect in every way. Yes it is more expensive than a budget hotel, but this is a Hilton and quality and service are what made their reputation. You get what you pay for in life and this hotel is worth EVRY PENNY. I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room Ocean View....WELL WORTH IT!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Our team members play an essential role to our success. We certainly value your patronage and strive to make each and every guest feel special. I will share your remarks with the appropriate department director.

Please feel confident we will continue to make changes in order to keep our guests loyal. I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.