“Great Location & Great Staff”

Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I am giving this hotel 4 because of the staff at the front desk they were Great! I believe that great service can overcome the shortcomings. The front area lobby, the hallways and rooms are really nice and newly remodeled. The tiki bar and pool looks great but the pool is a bit small and the Bartenders need to really work on their customer service. I sat and sat and sat waiting to be served way too long, 3 or 4 too many times. As Hilton Hotels go, I don't think it offers enough for the location and the prices. We had an "Ocean View" (if we stood sideways and leaned out of the window) on the Hilton Honors Floor which looks like all the other floors but is supposedly an upgrade but not really other than the free wifi. The Bathrooms and Closets way too small.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Debra G, General Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. Without your feedback we would not be given the opportunity to make changes where necessary.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of service shown at the Tiki Bar. This was not indicative of the high level of service normally given to our guests. I will address this issue in my next staff meeting.

Regrettably, we cannot change the structural issues you mentioned, but I was happy to learn the Front Desk staff lived up to your expectations and you had a pleasant stay.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Bring your own or buy beach things if staying more than one day there, beach rentals are a little pricey if renting for a couple of days, 2 chairs and umbrella for half day sets you back about $30.00 and you get old plastic chairs and a rusty umbrella

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It is very important to us to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

I was sorry to learn you were dissatisfied with the condition of the beach chairs and umbrellas. Our beach concessions are provided by an independent company, and every effort is made to offer pricing that is in line with other area oceanfront hotels. I will certainly share this information with the proper person.

Hopefully, you enjoyed your visit with us and will consider us if your future plans bring you back to Cocoa Beach.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room was great!

The two things that keep me from giving an excellent rating, is that there are no balconies & there's not a lot nearby that you can walk to. It was fine for one night post cruise, though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank joanskid

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was truly happy to learn you enjoyed your visit.

I have noted your remarks regarding the absence of balconies, as many appreciate being able to enjoy the ocean breeze from their guest room. Instead, I hope you were able to visit the outdoor space at our newly built pool deck tiki bar.

For your reference, the Cocoa Beach Trolley has a pick-up and drop-off stop not far from the hotel entrance. Maybe, next time you are in town you can take advantage of this bus service and explore more of the area.

Once again, thank you for sharing your remarks. I hope you will choose to come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This review is coming a little late. I had filled out a survey with Hilton and expected it to post on Trip Advisor. That didn't happen, so here it is. We booked online after looking at all the pictures thinking it seemed like a nice place. We were so wrong. The hotel was going through a renovation that they neglected to tell us about when we booked and neglected to tell us when we confirmed a month before our trip. The rooms were old, smelled like like smoke and were in general disrepair. We got in late so we drank some wine,(we brought our own, there was no bar!), and went to bed. The next morning I went to the front desk staff to complain and they were great. With the help of the staff I was able to put together three different options for my wife and I. After I proposed these to my wife, she said, "I heard skittering noises before I fell asleep and dreamed of cockroaches all night!" Well, any married man knows that a cue to find a new hotel. I called the Hard Rock in Orland and we promptly drove there. The Hilton brand is supposed to mean something, but in the case of Hilton Cocoa Beach, it means old, smelly and general crap. The people who work for the Hilton, on the other hand, are awesome. As always, a lousy corporate structure is saved by their quality people. If you go, call and verify the reno is done so you don't have to have nightmares like my wife.

Room Tip: Call ahead and verify the rooms are done. Don't believe the pictures online.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jean S
Debra G, General Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I was sorry to learn you were dissatisfied with your guest room as well as the overall condition of the hotel. During our ongoing renovations, every attempt was made to remain very mindful of guest comfort during this process. Renovation notices were posted on our website as early as November 2013, and booking agents were instructed to inform potential guests. By no means did we try to conceal the work being performed.

Even though our main bar and restaurant was closed for a short period of time, we provided an alternate location, and normal food and beverage selections were available. I regret that you were unaware of the relocation. According to my records, you were offered a resort credit and early check-out fees were waived. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

Now that our renovations are nearing completion, I hope you will choose to come back and see the changes we have made. Once again, thank you for your comments. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Really nice what they did to the front area and lobby. The remodeled tiki bar looks great, however, for a Hilton I don't think it offers enough. The restaurants food is great and the service is good, but the pool area could be a lot better and bigger. I was in the suite on the seventh floor and supposedly it's an upgrade but I would definitely not recommend it. You get a pull out mattress that kills your back and I'm sure I'm not the only one that had this issue but the bathroom is ridiculously small. The door and the wall are about a foot apart so you have to squeeze in to close the bathroom door and it just has nothing spectacular for a Hilton. The suite is huge and has a table and a lot of space, but it's not worth it when you have to sleep on a pull out couch. Not to mention after waking up with a painful backache I had a rash on my arm. I'm not sure if it was bed bugs or what, but it was definitely from the bed/couch. In conclusion I don't think I would come back to this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Elaziel
Debra G, General Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your remarks regarding your stay at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It is very important to us to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

Please be assured I have noted your areas of dissatisfaction. Without your comments we would not be given the opportunity to assess our method of operation and make changes where necessary.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although I can usually find something to complain about, so far this property is at the top of my list of favorites. Rooms are great, staff is excellent, fitness center is nice, and there is a huge tiki bar area with very comfortable seating, good for families or business conversations. Good access to the beach, which is much better suited to long walks that most other beach areas in Florida.

My business typically brings me to Melbourne and this is an extra 20-30 minute drive, but worth it.

Only downside is that there is no executive lounge with free coffee.

Nice job folks.

Room Tip: I like the view to the south a little better as it looks all the way down the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It is very important to us to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

Our team members play a vital role to our success. We truly value your patronage as we strive to make each and every guest feel special. I will certainly share your remarks with the appropriate department directors.

We continually receive positive remarks regarding our oceanfront location and new tiki bar area. Our records show many guests feel it is safe and convenient to be able to access the beach from our pool deck. In addition to our high service standards, this is one of our most valuable assets.

When your travel plans bring you back to the area, I hope you will choose to stay with us again. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you are looking for a very nice place to hold your banquet or reception this is the place for you. All new decor, pleasant staff will make your event the talk of the town. The large hall will hold 300 people for a sit down meal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Debra G, General Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly value your patronage as we strive to make each and every guest feel special whether here on business or for pleasure.

The renovations are coming to an end, and our surveys show that many of our guests are pleased with the outcome. I hope you will have another opportunity to visit with us again in the near future.