“Hilton Cocoa Beach”

Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Location is ideal- right on the beach! Pool deck blends right on to the beach. The bar fills up with locals at night which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. For us, it was fine. Hotel staff were friendly, helpful. Room was clean and comfortable and exactly as I expected for a Hilton property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank 752kristif
Debra G, General Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It is very important to us to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

Team members play an essential role to the success of any company; therefore, I was happy to learn that my staff was friendly and helpful. Please feel confident we will continue to strive to provide products and services we can be proud of.

We look forward to have you stay with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at this property on my first visit to the Space Coast since I grew up there in 1988. It is all that Hilton has to offer in any town plus a great beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JustRobb

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It is very important to us to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

Please feel confident we will continue to strive to keep our guests loyal. We look forward to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night before a cruise. I like to stay at Hilton for the points, and this one looked good because of it's location on the beach near the port, and also the price wasn't bad. I knew they had recently undergone renovations, and the lobby area looked great. Front desk staff got us checked in quickly.

Rooms were just fine- very clean, beds comfortable, air conditioning worked great. The tiki bar area had decent food and drinks, and great service. They do have beach towels available, as well as beach chairs and unbrellas. The breakfast was good as well, and as a Hilton Honors member, we got 2 continential breakfasts with our room, which were upgradable to the full breakfast.

There is a shuttle to the port, which we signed up for when we checked in. There's a $5 per person charge for the shuttle, which is reasonable, but I wish we had been told at check-in so we could have paid then. Instead, we were told only when we had boarded the shuttle, so had to use our cash to pay.

They also need more hotel information in the rooms, such as the towel, beach chair, unbrella rental, and tiki bar menu. The info in the room is very generic, and would be better with more detail.

Overall, I would stay again- because of the location, and the beach area is fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Without your feedback we would not be given the opportunity to make changes where necessary.

I was truly happy to learn you enjoyed your visit and that you appreciated our newly renovated property. Please be assured I have noted your suggestion in reference to possibly guests prepaying for transportation to and from the port. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I will notify the front desk staff to inform guests upon check-in.

Your comments regarding the absence of complete hotel information in the guest rooms will be discussed at my next staff meeting. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I hope you will have another opportunity to visit us in the near future. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I am giving this hotel 4 because of the staff at the front desk they were Great! I believe that great service can overcome the shortcomings. The front area lobby, the hallways and rooms are really nice and newly remodeled. The tiki bar and pool looks great but the pool is a bit small and the Bartenders need to really work on their customer service. I sat and sat and sat waiting to be served way too long, 3 or 4 too many times. As Hilton Hotels go, I don't think it offers enough for the location and the prices. We had an "Ocean View" (if we stood sideways and leaned out of the window) on the Hilton Honors Floor which looks like all the other floors but is supposedly an upgrade but not really other than the free wifi. The Bathrooms and Closets way too small.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. Without your feedback we would not be given the opportunity to make changes where necessary.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of service shown at the Tiki Bar. This was not indicative of the high level of service normally given to our guests. I will address this issue in my next staff meeting.

Regrettably, we cannot change the structural issues you mentioned, but I was happy to learn the Front Desk staff lived up to your expectations and you had a pleasant stay.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Bring your own or buy beach things if staying more than one day there, beach rentals are a little pricey if renting for a couple of days, 2 chairs and umbrella for half day sets you back about $30.00 and you get old plastic chairs and a rusty umbrella

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I was sorry to learn you were dissatisfied with the condition of the beach chairs and umbrellas. Our beach concessions are provided by an independent company, and every effort is made to offer pricing that is in line with other area oceanfront hotels. I will certainly share this information with the proper person.

Hopefully, you enjoyed your visit with us and will consider us if your future plans bring you back to Cocoa Beach.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room was great!

The two things that keep me from giving an excellent rating, is that there are no balconies & there's not a lot nearby that you can walk to. It was fine for one night post cruise, though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank joanskid

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was truly happy to learn you enjoyed your visit.

I have noted your remarks regarding the absence of balconies, as many appreciate being able to enjoy the ocean breeze from their guest room. Instead, I hope you were able to visit the outdoor space at our newly built pool deck tiki bar.

For your reference, the Cocoa Beach Trolley has a pick-up and drop-off stop not far from the hotel entrance. Maybe, next time you are in town you can take advantage of this bus service and explore more of the area.

Once again, thank you for sharing your remarks. I hope you will choose to come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This review is coming a little late. I had filled out a survey with Hilton and expected it to post on Trip Advisor. That didn't happen, so here it is. We booked online after looking at all the pictures thinking it seemed like a nice place. We were so wrong. The hotel was going through a renovation that they neglected to tell us about when we booked and neglected to tell us when we confirmed a month before our trip. The rooms were old, smelled like like smoke and were in general disrepair. We got in late so we drank some wine,(we brought our own, there was no bar!), and went to bed. The next morning I went to the front desk staff to complain and they were great. With the help of the staff I was able to put together three different options for my wife and I. After I proposed these to my wife, she said, "I heard skittering noises before I fell asleep and dreamed of cockroaches all night!" Well, any married man knows that a cue to find a new hotel. I called the Hard Rock in Orland and we promptly drove there. The Hilton brand is supposed to mean something, but in the case of Hilton Cocoa Beach, it means old, smelly and general crap. The people who work for the Hilton, on the other hand, are awesome. As always, a lousy corporate structure is saved by their quality people. If you go, call and verify the reno is done so you don't have to have nightmares like my wife.

Room Tip: Call ahead and verify the rooms are done. Don't believe the pictures online.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jean S
Debra G, General Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I was sorry to learn you were dissatisfied with your guest room as well as the overall condition of the hotel. During our ongoing renovations, every attempt was made to remain very mindful of guest comfort during this process. Renovation notices were posted on our website as early as November 2013, and booking agents were instructed to inform potential guests. By no means did we try to conceal the work being performed.

Even though our main bar and restaurant was closed for a short period of time, we provided an alternate location, and normal food and beverage selections were available. I regret that you were unaware of the relocation. According to my records, you were offered a resort credit and early check-out fees were waived. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

Now that our renovations are nearing completion, I hope you will choose to come back and see the changes we have made. Once again, thank you for your comments. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.