“luna sea motel”

Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
INDIANOLA
“luna sea motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

sea luna hotel would not recommend it for anyone very small dirty,afaid to lay under cover afaid might be bugs but there breakfast they had you go at local diner was good.so happy to get out of there would not recommend anyone to go there pay more for name brand hotel

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DWIGHT R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

The first thing I noticed when I opened the door to my room was an awful sour smell. The second thing I noticed was frayed carpet, towels that looked like they hadn't been washed (black smudges on the washcloth and towels). The toilet seat was broken on one side and slipped to the side when I sat on it. On the plus side, the staff were extremely friendly and polite, the room does have a microwave and large fridge. The wifi is fast. The nearest access to the beach is a long walk. You have to drive a mile or so for the "hot breakfast". For the price, I didn't find it a great deal money-wise.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ruthere04976
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and I decided last minute that we wanted a "weekend" get away to cocoa beach . Wanting to go the weekend start to spring break left us with little options for hotels.. We were either going to pay over $300 a night for a room or stay at the Motel 6. (which was one of the only few hotels left the day before the weekend) I knew Luna Sea was a little dive local hotel from my many visits to the beach but never quite knew what I was in for. The price was a great price, there was a room available so we went for it. For a one bedroom with a kitchen, we definitly got a great rate, the hotel is worn, but it was clean. if you can look past alot of the cosmetic, this hotel deserves a chance if your looking for a good value.. If your picky about your hotels, then defintily re-consider. I would stay here again cause i'm always looking for a good deal! Like I said, it was clean , the beds were comfortable and it was close to everything!

Room Tip: We got a corner room and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AliBowes
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed the weekend of 2/24/13. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were not fancy but comfortable and clean. The beds were comfortable and the rooms come with a refrigerator and microwave. We used the pool and it was well maintained. They also have free coffee and free hot breakfast. We will be returning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karenansell
kansas city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Aside from the comic relief of the motel name (sounds like Lunacy) and the owner's name (Oral Ali), this was a surprising place. I'm a recording artist and I needed a quiet place to record some vocals for a couple of days on the road, and the owner was nice enough not to book the rooms on either side of me. So I got some good work done. I had a room with a kitchen, which has everything you need. The bed and pillows were surprisingly comfortable, the bathroom had a lot of light, and the shower had a strong spray. Hot water almost instantly. The room itself was spacious. There's a nice pool which I didn't use, and the beach is across the street.

The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the place does need renovation. Almost everything, although clean, looks old. But then if they renovated it, I'm sure the room rates would rise too. So it depends on what's important to you.

Room Tip: A kitchen was only $10 more, and worth it for me.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I stayed there last year for bike week an it was great.Room was clean an comfortable an the price was great.I've stayed in alot of high class places an wasn't as clean or comfortable as this place an we were treated like KINGS.It is very central an lots of good places to eat an drink an have fun.Will defenently go back again this year.

Chris L

P S Thanks Art F. for finding this place for me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Very cute and quiet spot in Cocoa Beach. Close to everything. But the rooms were disgusting. The towels were all stained with brown and green substances. The shower curtain was stained with a dark brown substance. The A/C went on and off. Worked for MOST of the night. The walls were dirty and needed painted badly. The bathroom door frame was gross. We made sure not to touch very much of the room. The employees were helpful to us. The rates were good. I think they have different owners than when we stayed previously a 2-3 years ago. It was clean and very nice back then. The new owners have really let it go. Needs a major cleaning and upgrade.
There was also a disturbance upstairs that kept us up very late at night. It was 2 gentleman. They were either fighting and wrestling or engaging in some other rough activity. Very loud and disturbing.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family