“Just viewed the remodelled units and viewed the resort.”

Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Hi, I have not actually stayed here yet but I've view the property and the newly remodelled units. I have recently purchased a unit in the Oceanfront C-Caribbean building and was very impressed with the resort. The unit is a second floor, 1 br, 2 bath unit with kitchen and incredible views of the beach and ocean. Everything is sparkling new and ALL the units have been remodelled. The oceanfront units are very impressive and I would describe the remodelled hotel units as nice and functional though not nearly as impressive as the Oceanfront units. The Oceanfront units cost and rent for about 2X the hotel unit cost. The location on the Ocean really can be beat and the pools, grounds and central Cocoa Beach location make this a wonderful resort experience without being elegant. I would think that couples and families could hardly go wrong here. Seems very safe too! If renting a Oceanfront go for the second floor and up as the first floor has little or no oceanview because of the dunes and some foliage. Give it a try. I think you'll be pleased!

Room Tip: Oceanviews are to die for but hotel units are very affordable. Either way you're steps from the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank StevenM32922
OLRmanagement, Manager at Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear StevenM32922,

Wow, what a compliment! Although, you have not stayed here yet, you have taken the time to share with others your wonderful experience visiting the property and for that we thank you! We are so happy to hear that you have become one of our newest owners. We look forward to having you and your family as our guests for years to come!

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Although their brochure raves on the front that the "We finally found Paradise" I suggest that the couple did not look very hard. We traded a three bedroom penthouse oceanfront timeshare to stay at Ocean Landings Resort. As a 2 bedroom unit was unavailable we were booked into two 1 bedrooms units. The units were converted motel rooms from the 1950's and faced a parking lot and smelled of mold. We expressed our dissatisfaction and were offered an ocean front unit which required an upgrade fee of over $100. The oceanfront unit although remodeled did not compare to our home resort also located in Cocoa Beach. I will admit the oceanfront units are updated and clean but the kitchens are not well equipped. There are no tropical resort surroundings, no lush landscaping but there are to small heated pools plus tennis courts and easy access to the ocean. The only amenity available on the beach is a volleyball net! The restaurant, Gregory's Steak and Seafood looks great but the menu is quite pricey. There is a Denny's directly across the street which is very convenient! The Center at Ocean Landings is the best part of the resort. It is modern, clean and has a spa, small gym, activity center and business center, which you will need to visit if you want internet service. Although wifi equipped, internet service is very spotty around the facility. I found that it worked ok, before 10 a.m. after that it was almost impossible to get on line. I was forced to take the long walk from our unit to the business center to get anything done on line. I recommend Ocean Landings for anyone who is looking for a basic, no frills stay at the beach. We were pleasantly surprised at the end of our stay that management agreed to credit the upgrade fee. I do enjoy the Cocoa Beach area. I love the pier and cycling around the area is great however, next stay will be at my home resort.

Room Tip: Select a unit in Buildings C or D. The units in A & B are converted motel rooms from the 1950s...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank eyewonit
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I booked last minute (September 2012) and this was about all that was available at a reasonable price. My room in the "B" building consists of two motel rooms modified into a one bedroom "suite." The problem is that they never finished the modification. They put a connecting door between two rooms so that one room is a living room and kitchenette with a bathroom. While the other room is the bedroom with a second bathroom and small closet. The bathrooms have been udated with pedestal sinks but no shelf space for toiletries. The worst part of this stay is the doors to my rooms - they are warped, chipped and do not open or close properly. Light is clearly visible on three sides of them. They have newer C & D buildings that are made as timeshares but the up-costs to move them was stated as $99.00 per day. I heard one employee say that the "B" building should be torn down and rebuilt. I agree! The "A", "AA" and"B" building are NOT Handicap accessible with no elevators. Stairs on the resort are random heights but have good handrails. The stair planner did not know how to divide the distance properly. My wife's conclusion is that this is barely a step above camping. If you are guaranteed the "C" or "D" buildings - - come here. They are worth the cost. My room's walls are the thinnest I have had in the longest time. You can hear entire conversations from the surrounding rooms. The poor condition of the doors makes everyone slam them. Would I stay here again . . only if I have a "C" or "D" room.

Room Tip: Choose a "C" or "D" building room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TechnicianMichigan
OLRmanagement, Manager at Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear TechnicianMichigan,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We're really concerned to read that you had an issue with your door to your room. You mentioned that you had a door that appeared to be "warped" along with light that was clearly visible. Please contact management with a unit number so that we can have our Maintenance department address these issues as soon as possible. We apologize that you heard an employee making "unnecessary" comments, this is a very unusual incident and in no way representative of our usual procedures, and we apologize for the impression that this has given you. We'd encourage you to contact management direct so this can be investigated further with the resort and brought to a satisfactory conclusion for you. We really hope that you had an enjoyable stay otherwise and hope that you will allow us an opportunity to provide you an exceptional vacation in the near future!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Each year we travel from Canada to Ocean Landings. It is great and we just wait each March to set sail for the resort. We are always overlooking the ocean and beach. Great view. B een lucky enough on many occasions to watch a rocket be launched! Wonderful.! Find the condo clean and staff great to deal with. Look forward to our return.

Room Tip: Ocean view-----cannot be any better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babe776

Dear Babe776,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our resort! Thank you for being a loyal guest of Ocean Landings and for continuing to visit us year after year. We certainly look forward to each of your visits and hope to serve you for many years to come!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I traveled to the resort during the offseason. Basically the place was pretty much deserted when we arrived on a Tuesday but got busier toward the end of the week. This resort looks like every other hotel or vacation resort on the Cocoa Beach strip - they lack character. The grounds do not support the resort name. Lots of pavement and concrete and not much lawn or landscaping. Our one bedroom unit was clean and adequate and appeared to be recently renovated. The furnishings were not plush or fancy but it had everything we required. There isn't much to do at the facility if your not a pool or beach lover. Since we did not have a vehicle we has to use public transportation. There is a bus stop close to the facility and rates were very reasonable. Although the staff was accommodating and pleasant and the room was decent I don't think I would return for another stay. I simply did not think there was enough to do at the resort or in the area to keep me entertained.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank chrisv348

Dear Chrisv348,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay here at Ocean Landings. We apologize that you have found our resort to lack "character." We have just completed a large renovation of our property and have directed our focus on the rooms primarily, however, now that we have completed that project our next goal is to shift directions and to look into additional landscaping. We will also take the time to review and evaluate our common areas to ensure we are providing a conducive and relaxing atmosphere. We would of course be delighted if we had a chance to welcome you again; till then, all the best for your future travels.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is not a five star place. Cocoa Beach is a working man's vacation spot that is close to Orlando and affordable. OL is clean and has really done a nice job with its upgrades. It has direct beach access and nice activities for families/kids. A lot of retirees here too snowbirding from the Northeast, Ontario and Montreal too.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank PeteD617

Dear PeteD617,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay here at Ocean Landings. We are glad that you find us to be affordable and in a great location. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the many activities that we have to offer. We hope you will choose Ocean Landings again when your future travels bring you back to Cocoa Beach!

Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed with them for a weekend while I planned an event in town. They were AWESOME! So accommodating and so nice. The housekeeping staff was amazing!!! I left an envelope with cash in the room and any other place it would have mysteriously disappeared but not here!!! So honest and they kept our towels fresh and were eager to help in anyway they could. The hotel was super clean and quiet. The amenities were great and they have a daily schedule of activities. The actual hotel was close to EVERYTHING. I can't wait to go back next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Natramirez,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. We are glad that you chose Ocean Landings while planning your important event in our town. Management is extremely pleased to hear such wonderful feedback. We are glad that you found our housekeeping staff to be so honest and efficient. We truly believe we have the most exceptional staff on all levels here on the Space Coast. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!