We stayed 6 nights in unit 304 of building C from 12/26 - 12/31. This was a bitter sweet experience. First the sweet.
1) The location is great, convenient to shopping and restaurants, and the oceanfront room has a splendid view of the ocean.
2) The front desk staff was very friendly.
3) listening to the ocean is so peaceful. This is exactly what we were hoping for.
4) we would have liked to have used the racket ball courts but our schedule wouldn't allow the time. The tennis courts are nice but it rained and they were usually wet with puddles.
5) watching the cruise ships sail by brought back pleasant memories of our cruise to the Bahamas the week before.
6) the unit was well equipped with dishes, pots, pans, etc.
7) there is plenty of hot water and the AC works fine.
Now for the bitter.
1) upon arrival the unit had clean linens but the kitchen counters were dirty with crumbs. So was the dining table. The placemats were dirty. The front desk sent someone right away to take care of this but it should have been cleaned before arrival.
2) the carpet hasn't been shampooed in what I would guess is many years. 20 minutes after getting out of the shower our feet were black from walking on the floors.
3) housekeeping is pathetic. They had to be asked to vacuum and change linens. They don't clean the sinks or shower/tub.
4) the people staying below us smoked and it drifted up from their unit and the sea breeze blew the smoke directly into our unit.
5) My daughter left her sunglasses on the shelf in the living room and they were gone when we returned that evening. A complaint was filed with the office. Too bad they have dishonest employees. We locked everything else up or took it with us.
6) The sofa sleeper is a torture trap. Our daughters woke up with back aches after the first night. We got extra blankets from housekeeping to see if we could pad the springs that poked them in the back. That didn't work, so we asked for a roll-away. One of them slept on the sofa cushions and the other the roll-away. That was much better. There was no charge for the roll-away. I would highly recommend a two bedroom.
In a nutshell, the negatives outweigh the positives and we will most likely not stay again, unless we could be assured that housekeeping has been totally reformed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club offer guests unique accommodations ranging from off ocean cozy hotel rooms to spacious two bedroom oceanfront rooms. Relax and unwind in the unpretentious tropical atmosphere at Ocean Landings Resort. Accommodations feature fully equipped kitchens or compact refrigerator/microwave along with flat screen TVs with DVD players, and resort wide Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Landings Hotel Cocoa Beach
- Ocean Landings Resort And Racquet Club Cocoa Beach, Florida