“Excellent value for money ”
Review of Wakulla Suites

Wakulla Suites
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

These 2 bedroom suites are very good value for money and in a lovely location right on Cocoa Beach .
The decor is a little dated but the suites are spacious and clean.
The staff are pleasant and helpful.
The price was extremely good value for money .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Wakulla Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback. This resort has recently gained new ownership. We hope that you return again to see what we have to offer.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I require separate rooms due to snoring--this can be a killer on our travel budget. I was delighted to find a two bedroom option for our one night stay before our cruise.

The rooms were clean with comfortable beds, plenty of towels in the bathroom and an adequately stocked full kitchen. This is an older property, so things are not "new" nor are they spotless. This would have been a perfect property for our family beach trips when our children were younger!

The beautiful garden has many outdoor grill areas. There is a lovely pool. From the signage, I think you have to rent pool chairs each day and beach rentals are also available. All were reasonably priced. This would be a great place for family beach getaway or reunion.

Both bedrooms are large with very large closets. Pictures adequately depict the rooms. Only one television which is located in the living room. Living room has couch and chair. There is also a desk. Small dining area and small full sized kitchen with dishes, pots/pans utensils, etc. No dishwasher. We had adequate and free wifi the entire time.

There is a Publix nearby and plenty of restaurants as well.

If utilizing as a beach trip, I would recommend bringing a drying rack or maybe some over the door hooks for wet towels and bathing suits. No washer/dryer in the room, but are available for $1.50 per wash/dry. Only one parking space per room--which they are upfront about when making the reservation.

For the price, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with the stay. Not a luxury place but very good. Staff exceptionally nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate and value your comments. This resort has recently gained new ownership. We hope that you return again to see what we have to offer.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I like this hotel because it's family friendly, close to the beach and you can't beat the price for 2 rooms. It's older, but they keep it clean. We had excessive water coming out of the AC and they came and fixed it up immediately. We had a large group and 14 rooms total of families. We were able to setup our potluck dinner right by the pool and grill out using the propane grills onsite. I had a free WIFI connection the whole time and usually in hotels that is something you pay an up-charge for. We also were there during a holiday weekend and the crowds were manageable. The only ting this property is missing is a hot tub. Otherwise they have something for everyone. You can walk to the surf shops and restaurants. They have beach rentals too.

Room Tip: The beach side rooms are generally more quiet if you are looking for serenity.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 October 2013

When I first got to the hotel I has to get candles out and spray febreeze everywhere. It had an odor that I couldn't describe. Some of the odor turned out to be the dried urine on the hinges of the toilet seat.

The courtyard was gorgeous but also the hang out for the people living in the hotel starting at 6AM. at dinner time, it was a great big hang out for guests and live ins causing the noise to come into the room. I had to keep the windows open to try to keep the odor at bay.

The floors were dirty still full of crumbs and sand. After my shower, the bottom of my feet were dirty again. There is only one TV in the place - a 23" Panasonic from at least 10 years ago.

The vinyl lay over on the tub was disgusting and smooshed in when I got into it. The mold on the shower curtain and under the caulk of the lay over was bad too.

The parking was limited and the hotel only gave one parking pass per room I understand but we had to park the extra car in the city public parking one night and another property another night.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Traveltax

Thank you for sharing your review. This resort has recently gained new ownership. We hope that you return again to see what we have to offer.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

It is an older hotel, but it is clean and we'll kept. The staff was very friendly and I efficient. We were there for a family reunion in June 2012, our next one is summer of 2014 an what I hear it will be there again. The center court yard,with its gas B-B-Qs is a great place to get together. the rooms have everything you need. The kitchen was great, we went and bought groceries for breakfast and snacks, so we didn't have to go to restaurants for all our meals. One evening we had a B-B-Q for the family, the grills sure came in hand.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main complex, this way you have great access to the court yard and pool. The r...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was amazed when I was there a couple of weeks ago. There was a big party with lots of food and drinks. Everyone in the party was very nice. The party went into different directions. A couple of ladies were left listening to music. They were not disturbing anyone. The next thing I know one of the young ladies is packing up. I asked her what happend and she said the security guard called the cops on them and thery were getting kicked out. I couldn't believe it. There were people still at the pool making noise and in the rooms closer to the beach. What really killed me is she told me that the security guard let the cops into a room with young children in it. The kids were terrified! Made them leave and told them if they drove they would get them for dui from them. Why in the hell would you kick out a mother and her kids? They had gone to the room and gone to be.

I use to go to this place all the time. My girlfriends and I always would stay out after 10 and listen to music and have cocktails. Well I will never go there after watching this! And I'm in my 50's. Not a young one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ruby O

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival our air conditioner was malfunctioning and a quick call to the front desk had the problem solved. This was a stay precruise before boarding the Disney Fantasy.

We stayed in a roadhouse facing traffic, but heard no noise to speak of.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends