Our group of 14 stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach the night before boarding the Disney Fantasy at Port Canaveral. The desk staff was very helpful and check-in was quick and easy. We had a considerable number of pieces of luggage - but were able to locate a luggage cart to transport everything to our room.
We were assigned rooms overlooking the pool. The rooms were clean and we did not detect any noise issues from the pool in the evening (of course we didn't get to bed until 10:30pm - and the pool may have already been closed by that time). The proximity to the beach was great as we were able to take a short walk to get to the ocean.
Breakfast was good and consistent with our experience from other Hampton Inns. Since this is a popular pre-cruise hotel, the breakfast area can get crowded between 9am and 10:00am. We went around 8am and had no problem finding a table.
The only (minor) complaint for this property is the speed of the elevators. There are only two - and as you might expect - wait times can be considerable when the hotel has a high occupancy of cruise passengers and all of their luggage (and our group may have been the biggest offenders with 30+ pieces of luggage).
From a location perspective - the hotel is walking distance to a 7-11 and a few restaurants (mostly the fast food type). Ron Jon Surf Shop is about a 1/2 mile north of the hotel and there is a Winn Dixie grocery store across the street from Ron Jon. We also walked along the beach to the Cocoa Beach pier (which is about 1.5 miles away) where we had dinner at Oh Shucks Seafood Bar. The amount of walking to and from the pier was manageable for the adults and older kids - but was admittedly harder for the younger kids. If you have young children and/or adults with mobility concerns - you may want to take a taxi to the pier.
Overall we had a good experience at this hotel and would recommend it to others staying in the Cocoa Beach area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This newly renovated Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral provides an environment that's both relaxing and peaceful. Most rooms offer breathtaking views from their private balcony and a hot breakfast is on the house every morning! Your room is equipped with thoughtful amenities and free WiFi access. Nestled in the heart of Cocoa Beach, Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral is a convenient beach-side hotel with easy access to Port Canaveral cruises, local restaurants, shopping, and local attractions such as Ron Jon's Surf Shop, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, and the Brevard Zoo. Hampton Inn is the first in Florida to be Green Lodging Certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, LoveHolidays, Kognitiv US Corp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
- Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral Florida