“Family Vacation”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My kids and I loved our stay there, met nice people, had a good room with a great view of the ocean. Conveniently close to eating places, shopping, a short walk to beach, etc. I will be going back there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was not sure what to expect, however upon entering the lobby we were greeted. We were inquiring about their rates for the weekend. I happen to mention that we celebrating our anniversary and they upgraded our room to an oceanview room and gave us a bottle of wine and snacks. The room did have a nice view of the ocean and pool. The room was very clean and spacious. We had a king size bed and that might have been a queen sofa bed but we didn't look to see. The breakfast was not bad, we got there early so everything was hot. The pool area was very clean. The staff was very friendly. Our stay there was very enjoyable and we will come back.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Nice place to stay. Clean and location close to the beach and good restaurants. Rooms clean and overall hotel condition very good. Great view of the coast, nice swimming pool, parking OK. Easy to get to and well location to get up and down the coast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights prior to a cruise.

Hotel is clean. The workers have a can-do attitude
100 yards from the beach
On cruise day the workers know how to work with Travel Lynx
The beach is beautiful
The pool is beautiful
The breakfast is fine

Travel Lynx (transport co) is well organized. They met us at MCO & brought us to the Hampton Inn. They brought us from the Hampton Inn to the pier (10 Min). They took us from the pier to MCO after the cruise.

We rented a tandem bike at Scooters N Spokes (1mi South on A1A) & had a blast.

The only area of improvement which I can think of, is concerning the refurbished rooms. They need a clothesline above the bathtub.

1  Thank Shana B
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My cousin & I stayed at this hotel for just 1 night and wished we could have stayed longer! The place was beautiful and recently updated. It was just a short walk to the beach and centrally located for shopping and restaurants.

1  Thank creativetraveler
Tom W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear creativetraveler,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you noticed our updated rooms, and appreciate your noting our central location. Hope to host you again soon!

Tom Williamson, General Manager

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here in mid-August right before school started on a weekend trip to Kennedy Space Center. The hotel is indeed undergoing renovations but you wouldn't know it (on a weekend anyways) except for a couple of construction dumpsters out back. We were in 402, a newly renovated room, and thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. The room is spacious (2 queen beds) as is the bathroom. Beds are comfortable, and there's a private balcony with a partial view of the beach. A nice bonus that differentiates this Hampton from others is it's "room service" from the Bistro cafe which is located right next door.

The staff, as we've always encountered at Hamptons, was friendly and ready to answer any question. Kristen at the front desk promptly checked us in after our very long day and was very patient with my overly-tired self and my overly-talkative son. She was there again in the morning and gave my son a construction ducky.

This hotel is not located directly on the beach but does have beach access down a short boardwalk. It's maybe, maybe, a 3 minute walk. Well worth it. Overall, a lovely stay and a hotel that we will gladly recommend and use again next we're in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a pool view.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Still looking for a decent property in Cocoa Beach. Come to Cocoa often and this is hotel #5 and it missed the mark. Staff was very pleasant. They are undergoing some renovations and that is badly needed. The hotel is up front about it when you book on the web, when you arrive and when you get to your room. Kudos for the honesty. The room was fair, beds were too soft, AC is way too loud and the room really wasn't clean. As I was checking the room to make sure I hadn't left anything, I found an Oreo cookie on the floor and lots of other dirt. Now, don't get me wrong, Oreos are one of my favorites but I prefer them out of a package. the location is good and within walking distance to the beach, restaurants and shopping. The room faced the road and the door is an outside access door so a little noisy with traffic, people and insects/birds. The fridge froze my water, ice tea, sandwich meat and cheese. Not happy. Had to defrost it before eating. Breakfast was fair. Not sure how they make the eggs but maybe from powder? Odd consistency. Oatmeal was OK. Wireless internet bandwidth spotty and had a tough time watching short videos. Finally, the ants coming in the front door, in my bed and on the nightstand helped me make my mind up to leave and not come back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelinto25Cities
Tom W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Travelinto25Cities,

Thanks for your kind words about our pleasant staff and our good location near the beach. I apologize for the issues you encountered. As you can see from other reviews, it is certainly not our normal standard. I will address this with our staff and I thank you for your input. As to our breakfast, it is the standard breakfast that is mandated for all Hampton Inns, and rest assured the eggs are not powdered. Again, thanks for staying with us and I hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit.
Tom Williamson, General Manager