“Awesome Experience!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I am from the area, however, I planned to spend one night at the Doubletree so my mother & I could be on the beach by 7am to bid farewell to the Space Shuttle Discovery. We checked in and the front desk agent was welcoming and was thorough in explaining when the concierge opened, etc. We went to enjoy a couple beverages in the lounge and were delighted to meet the attendant who was extremely hospitable & perfect for that job. We were very excited about seeing the shuttle and found ourselves talking to everyone about it. We spent the rest of the evening in our room and ordered room service. The server met me with a smile at the door and presented our order to us..it was very good pizza indeed. The next morning we raced down to the beach & were met by several of our new acquaintences on the beach. After the shuttle headed North we went in to enjoy the breakfast buffet. The servers and everyone working seemed to enjoy being part of the excitement as well. Thank you to everyone for your kindness...we will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Colleen B
cgalzerano, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Colleen B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel. It always makes me smile when guests compliment the staff in so many different departments. I will definitely let them know they are doing a great job. The farewell to Shuttle Discovery was both amazing and sad, but how great you got to see it. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

On the Positive side - This hotel has a very good location. It's right on the beach. The pool is small but was never overcrowded while we were there. The front desk staff recommended some good restaurants while we were there.

I'm giving this a low rating due entirely to complete unprofessionalism from the General Manager as well as the owner of the hotel. We stayed here for a few days after a cruise. I was at the airport a few hours after checking when I noticed a $900 charge on my credit card. I called the property the next morning and asked what it was about and was told by the accounting department that the General Manager was handling that and would call me. After not receiving a call from them, I called back AGAIN and asked if I could speak to them. I was told no but was told I'd get a call shortly??? I eventually received a call from someone in accounting who said that I was being charged $975 because of a urine smell on a mattress. Since I knew for a fact that my kids didn't ruin a mattress, I told them I believe it's a mistake and I wanted the charge reversed. I was told the General Manager would contact me. Of course, General Manager never contacted me. So...I sent an email explaining that the charges should be reversed and asked for, at a minimum, an itemization of what made up the $900. Of course, I never received a response. The next day, an additional $975 was charged to me...So, at this point, my 2 nights had cost me $1,875.00. I called and got in touch with the accounting department...who said it had to be a mistake and that he'd figure it out. He did figure it out and reversed the original $900. At that time, I again asked if the General Manager was going to call me about the remaining charge and was assured that they would. After waiting a week for any contact from the General Manager...I decided to look up who owns the hotel. It's owned by a private company called Southern Hospitality. I found the owner of that company and his email address and sent him an email explaining that I had been charged a lot of money with very little explanation and asked if HE could help get me some answers...It's now been 2 weeks and I've received no response from anyone.
I travel a lot for work and have been making a point to ask hotel managers if they would charge for a mattress if a child had a bedwetting incident in their hotel and the two hotels that I've stayed at this month(one of which is a nother doubletree) both thought it sounded rediculous...It's a shame that this property has decided to make this their practice. It definately put a damper on the end of what was a nice family vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank klewis718

Dear klewis718,

First, thank you for your positive comments about our Doubletree Oceanfront Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to do that, even though you are unhappy overall.

Regarding the charges for damage to the hotel, I was under the assumption it had been explained and itemized to you and that this was resolved. I'm sorry that is not the case and would be happy to speak with you any time. My direct line is 321-868-1367.

We did only charge you the $975. The additional $900 you saw was just an authorization, not a charge. We attempted to clean the mattress but due to the saturation, we could not, in good conscience, let another guest sleep on it. We have replaced it, in addition to the damaged ottoman and desk chair. Our furniture is brand new so we had no choice but to replace the items.

I have also sent the itemized billing to your gmail account.

Once again, I apologize you did not receive the responses you expected in a timely manner. We pride ourselves in communicating well with all of our guests and I'm sorry that didn't happen in your case. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

This hotel surpassed my expectations. The front desk staff was awesome for taking note that it was our honeymoon and upgraded our room. The room was phenomenal, as I am sure they all are. Our room was very clean, and had the softest bed ever! The complimentary cocktail hour with hostest Cathy was great! She is a great asset to the double tree! Every part about the hotel and staff was great! Food, fresh beach towels, clean comfortable room and the location! Thanks for making our honeymoon in cocoa beach a great one! We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank outtertowner
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is the best choice for a pre-cruise stay! Due to recent renovations, the rooms and lobby area are like new and very clean. It's also right on the beach, unlike most of the other hotels in the area. The staff was great as well. They recommended a perfect restaurant and were very helpful in getting us taxis. Our only complaint would be the lack of beverage service while at the beach or pool. You can go into the bar/restaurant to get something, but it's not that convenient when you are at the beach. There are really no super high-end hotels in Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral, so for the area, I would definitely recommend the Doubletree. It exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree for 5 nights on a recent business trip. The staff was very friendly and the property and rooms were well appointed and well maintained. The warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in is very nice. (Hint- if you are a Hilton Diamond member, you get a whole tin of cookies!) Great location right on the beach. Good breakfast buffet (~$13 or free if you are a Diamond member).

My only complaints- the wireless Internet access is slow and can be rather finicky. Also, the room I was in was noisy, as it had a connecting door to the adjoining room. The connecting door did practically nothing to damp the sound from my neighbors.

Overall, a nice place to stay in Cocoa Beach.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bklwashere
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The staff at the Double Tree Ocean Front were all very helpful in everything we needed. We also love Amy who helped us plan our Beach Wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and very memorable. We had over 20 people staying at the hotel and most of them had a beach view. The grounds were also very clean. It was nice to go by the pool to relax or walk out to the beach. We will be going back to this hotel when we are in Florida.

Room Tip: If you really want a beach view room ask for Ocean front Room and not Ocean room. There is a differe...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

An older hotel but nicely appointed and maintained. The sundries and toiletries provided in the rooms are the best I have ever seen. The staff was terrific, friendly and helpful. There were 4 of us staying there over the weekend for a meeting and the meeting rooms and facilities were perfect for our requirements. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel for either pleasure or business.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
cgalzerano, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear nsbeach1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, I really appreciate it. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

cgalzerano@shinc.com