DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We came to Cocoa for a friend's birthday weekend and opted to all stay at the Doubletree. When looking at hotels, I was surprised to see the pricing for the area. Not that they were expensive by any means, but definitely overpriced compared to other beach cities. But that spoke for all hotels in the area, which didn't make the decision any easier.

We booked a king suite, which was the best room for the rate, and were pleased with the accomodations. The rooms was spacious, had one bathroom in the main room and the seperate king room was separated by shutter doors (so you had some privacy, but not the privacy of a full wood door).

Our room had a balcony, and view we had was to the parking lot with the ocean. They only have about 1/4 of their rooms that face the ocean directly and those were priced drastically higher than our room. The resort has a pool and adjacent restaurant and is about half way down A!A, so far enough from the cruise ports, but not all the way to the residential areas.

It was a good stay, nothing impressive, and I would stay here again if I had to. We don't foresee ourselves overnighting in Cocoa again, because of our close proxmity to it, but we know we can depend on this resort should we choose to.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,726)

Reviewed 8 May 2012

First the good parts. The location is good and its right on the beach. The staff are welcoming and pleasant but are not really helpful - this is particularly so for the front desk. The pool is tiny unlike other hotels nearby (about 25 feet by 12 feet). Pool service was very good (Thanks Taylor!). The restaurant was basic and food was OK but breakfast was good some days and sparse the next. Some days there is a full buffet some not - entirely random with limited choices. The Seafood Chowder is superb and well worth a try. Rooms are clean, basic and nothing special. The room cleaning is poor and I had to ask twice for it to be cleaned - once at 6.30 pm! They use paper cups for the coffee which were not replaced until I went to the front desk - don't bother calling them or house keeping - they never answered! The worst experience was trying to book a cab to the airport. The front desk did not want to know! They gave me a number that I could have got from any advert lying around the hotel. If you call you them you need a US telephone number as you get an answerphone with a promise to call you back but they don't dial overseas cell phones! The front desk refused point blank to call on my behalf - I even offered to pay for the call. After much work I got a US colleague to do it for me. I have travelled the world and stayed in many Hiltons and am an Honours member so do not have a problem with the brand. However, this is the worst by a long way. There are many Hotels to choose from in this resort so be choosy and stay just a few hundred yards away. PS if you want good food then go to Brano's Italian nearby! Another tip - take mozzie stuff - you need it in the room!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the beach have a great view. The executive rooms just have a few more gadgets but...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Darrell M
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

We had our beach wedding here. It was the perfect place to Stay and have a wedding. The staff was very helpful in everything we needed. We want to be able to go back here every other year.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed at this Doubletree for 23 days and it was the best vacation we have ever had in Florida. Obviously many factors kick in that will determine the success of a vacation but the most important aspect of any vacation is the chosen hotel and location. I have never met a nicer, friendlier and competent front desk staff as we did at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. I could not give them a higher mark of excellence right throughout our stay. After 18 months of serious family illness, we could not have chosen a better hotel. We plan to return next year. To Nichole Kaminski, the Front Office Manager, we appreciate you. Thank you.

Room Tip: We preferred the south side because of the sun exposure and the ocean views were a little better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne804
cgalzerano, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Wayne804,

First, thank you for staying with us during your extended stay! I am so happy to hear you had such a great stay. I am very proud of our Front Desk team and I will make sure they see your great compliments. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I am from the area, however, I planned to spend one night at the Doubletree so my mother & I could be on the beach by 7am to bid farewell to the Space Shuttle Discovery. We checked in and the front desk agent was welcoming and was thorough in explaining when the concierge opened, etc. We went to enjoy a couple beverages in the lounge and were delighted to meet the attendant who was extremely hospitable & perfect for that job. We were very excited about seeing the shuttle and found ourselves talking to everyone about it. We spent the rest of the evening in our room and ordered room service. The server met me with a smile at the door and presented our order to us..it was very good pizza indeed. The next morning we raced down to the beach & were met by several of our new acquaintences on the beach. After the shuttle headed North we went in to enjoy the breakfast buffet. The servers and everyone working seemed to enjoy being part of the excitement as well. Thank you to everyone for your kindness...we will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Colleen B

Dear Colleen B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel. It always makes me smile when guests compliment the staff in so many different departments. I will definitely let them know they are doing a great job. The farewell to Shuttle Discovery was both amazing and sad, but how great you got to see it. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

On the Positive side - This hotel has a very good location. It's right on the beach. The pool is small but was never overcrowded while we were there. The front desk staff recommended some good restaurants while we were there.

I'm giving this a low rating due entirely to complete unprofessionalism from the General Manager as well as the owner of the hotel. We stayed here for a few days after a cruise. I was at the airport a few hours after checking when I noticed a $900 charge on my credit card. I called the property the next morning and asked what it was about and was told by the accounting department that the General Manager was handling that and would call me. After not receiving a call from them, I called back AGAIN and asked if I could speak to them. I was told no but was told I'd get a call shortly??? I eventually received a call from someone in accounting who said that I was being charged $975 because of a urine smell on a mattress. Since I knew for a fact that my kids didn't ruin a mattress, I told them I believe it's a mistake and I wanted the charge reversed. I was told the General Manager would contact me. Of course, General Manager never contacted me. So...I sent an email explaining that the charges should be reversed and asked for, at a minimum, an itemization of what made up the $900. Of course, I never received a response. The next day, an additional $975 was charged to me...So, at this point, my 2 nights had cost me $1,875.00. I called and got in touch with the accounting department...who said it had to be a mistake and that he'd figure it out. He did figure it out and reversed the original $900. At that time, I again asked if the General Manager was going to call me about the remaining charge and was assured that they would. After waiting a week for any contact from the General Manager...I decided to look up who owns the hotel. It's owned by a private company called Southern Hospitality. I found the owner of that company and his email address and sent him an email explaining that I had been charged a lot of money with very little explanation and asked if HE could help get me some answers...It's now been 2 weeks and I've received no response from anyone.
I travel a lot for work and have been making a point to ask hotel managers if they would charge for a mattress if a child had a bedwetting incident in their hotel and the two hotels that I've stayed at this month(one of which is a nother doubletree) both thought it sounded rediculous...It's a shame that this property has decided to make this their practice. It definately put a damper on the end of what was a nice family vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank klewis718

Dear klewis718,

First, thank you for your positive comments about our Doubletree Oceanfront Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to do that, even though you are unhappy overall.

Regarding the charges for damage to the hotel, I was under the assumption it had been explained and itemized to you and that this was resolved. I'm sorry that is not the case and would be happy to speak with you any time. My direct line is 321-868-1367.

We did only charge you the $975. The additional $900 you saw was just an authorization, not a charge. We attempted to clean the mattress but due to the saturation, we could not, in good conscience, let another guest sleep on it. We have replaced it, in addition to the damaged ottoman and desk chair. Our furniture is brand new so we had no choice but to replace the items.

I have also sent the itemized billing to your gmail account.

Once again, I apologize you did not receive the responses you expected in a timely manner. We pride ourselves in communicating well with all of our guests and I'm sorry that didn't happen in your case. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

This hotel surpassed my expectations. The front desk staff was awesome for taking note that it was our honeymoon and upgraded our room. The room was phenomenal, as I am sure they all are. Our room was very clean, and had the softest bed ever! The complimentary cocktail hour with hostest Cathy was great! She is a great asset to the double tree! Every part about the hotel and staff was great! Food, fresh beach towels, clean comfortable room and the location! Thanks for making our honeymoon in cocoa beach a great one! We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012