“Atlantic Ocean front in Cocoa Beach, FL”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was a long waited and potentially great trip with everything in line for a nine day stay of sun, relaxation and a much needed getaway.....the only thing that spoiled it was the weather.....Late November and we just happened to arrive on an very windy, cool, cloudy day and that never broke until the day we checked out. I know it would have been a very priceless trip with great memories had it not been for the weather....The Kennedy Space Center even had to scrub 3 evening rocket launches during our stay due to the weather. Our room would have had a great view of the launch. We were ocean front 4th floor corner with a balcony. Balconies were too close together and lacked privacy and the kitchen rooftops were 2 floors down with air conditioning units and the smoke stakes at our feet.......5th or 6th floor southernmost oceanfront views would be preferable as well as easternmost upper floor southern ocean view rooms. Problem with local transportation is if a car is not rented, no local hotel shuttle and the town trolley service is a bit of a walk, the waits were long, not well kept and to get to local attractions and shopping was confusing. The staff at this hotel were great and were always very helpful. It was great to see their teamwork. Loved the chowder and wood oven pizzas. Need larger TVs in the Bar area for sports fans. Thanks to the entire staff for doing your best to help us enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry N
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Larry N,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the cooler than normal weather. It was strange weather for us - we're so used to sun everyday! Thank you for the great compliments about our staff - they really are great! We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Doubletree in Port Canaveral was excellent. The people working behind the desk was very professional and a pleasure to talk to. We were on the executive level floor and the breakfast was very good. We stayed at this hotel because it offered the free parking while on our cruise, but will stay here again no matter the reason for a visit. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie L
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Debbie L,

Thank you for your "5 Star" review of our hotel! I was happy to read that our staff was so professional and that you enjoyed our executive level. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at the Double Tree because it was a host hotel for the Space Coast Marathon and offered shuttle to and from the race. Much of the hotel is under renovation and one employee said this would be a completely different hotel next year at this time. I have to say the beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly and coffee was available in the room. Those were the positive elements. The negatives were aggravating. Saturday evening I turned down the air conditioning the room was overwhelmed by a strong garlic smell. When I called the front desk I was told the odor came from the kitchen. Duh! Apparently the restaurant was serving a pre-race pasta dinner for the runners but what is wrong with their heating/air conditioning system that such a nauseating odor would iinvade the guest rooms. Seondly despite calling ahead to tell them I might be late for my 2 PM check out I was locked out of my room at 1:45. It took not one, not two, and not even three trips from the third floor to the front desk for a new key but an employee to use his key to get me in the room. When you are tired and smelly and wanting a shower after running a marathon this was EXTREMELY annoying!! It is questionable whether or not I would stay at this hotel a second time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank runnerrae
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear RunnerRae,

I read your review, and I'm wondering if you stayed at the Hilton in Cocoa Beach rather than the Doubletree? We were not the host hotel for the Marathon, nor are we under construction. However, the Hilton is both of those things. If you did stay here at the Doubletree, please email me at christy.galzerano@hilton.com. Thanks!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

6 story hotel on the beach, with a pretty good restaurant and services. Free wifi, newspaper, breakfast, and afternoon drinks( we were on executive level so these benefits may not be for all rooms). Many rooms have great ocean views, near some very good restaurants and a Publix. Rooms had balconies which didn't seem to be too common in other hotels nearby. Clean rooms, nice bedding and towels, TV had a larger than usual flat screen.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear bklufas,

Thank you for you review - it was great to hear you like our hotel, especially the restaurant, executive level, views and balconies!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have occasion to stay in the Cocoa/Titusville area three or four times a year. I continue to try to find a hotel that I like. Previous hotels have disappointed but the Doubletree is not only reasonably priced but it’s clean, friendly, comfortable and overall, a nice place to stay. I may keep trying to find one I like better but at least I know the Doubletree is nice enough to stay again.

Beware trying to get into the parking area in the dark, the building sits way back off the road and finding it is certainly difficult to figure it out but persistence will pay off with a clean room, professional staff, and a good night’s sleep. If you’re lucky enough you might get to hear the ocean waves.

I did not eat in the restaurant but from what I saw from the bar area, everyone was enjoying their food and apparently, the brick oven pizza is pretty darn good.

I have but one thing to nitpick about. I don’t like coffee pots in rooms; I want a cup of fresh coffee in the morning. Almost everywhere I’ve ever stayed, coffee is complimentary in the a.m. Here, however, it will set you back the equivalent of a Starbucks Café Latte!. The newspaper and Wi-Fi is free but the coffee is not. This is just wrong on so many levels but heck, at least I slept well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Larry L

Dear Larry L,

Thank you for your review. While we would prefer to be considered "great", I was happy to hear we're the best you have stayed with in the Cocoa Beach area. I was also very happy to read that you found us clean, friendly and comfortable and will stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I paid a rather hefty per night to stay on the 6th floor ( card limited access ), unfortunately, not worth the tab.The commode seat had smeared over dried "liquid" marks, the middle of desk had a sizable chunk of wood / formica broken from the front edge, the microwave plate refused multiple attempts at rotation and the subsidence of pavers at the southeast corner of swimming pool have now created a very real tripping hazard. What happened to the maintenance staff ? Actually, I only recognized one staff member from all of my previous stays. The restaurant repeatedly serves up scrambled eggs that can either be eaten with a soup spoon or straw but rarely a fork and management's decision to close the 6th floor Trident Club on weekends .....absurd !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MeisterSr

Dear MeisterSr,

I was sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay with us. Cleanliness is of utmost importance to me and I would like to talk to you regarding your stay. Please email me at Christy.galzerano@hilton.com so I can make it right for you.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Hotel was very well maintained, staff was polite, and the restaurant food was very good. The bar was a nice little place to have a night cap. The brickoven pizza is amazing. The beach is quick walk up the ramp from the pool and was very scenic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt S

Dear Matt S,

WOW, thank you for such a great review! We look forward to your next stay with us!