“Inexpensive and very clean”

Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Westminster, Maryland
“Inexpensive and very clean”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This place is old for sure but had been updated at some point. The floors were laminated not carpeted which was nice as you knew they were clean. The room was very clean which we really appreciated. Bed was comfortable. Only here two nights, nothing fancy and this suited us fine. Breakfast was also good and plentiful. Staff were all very nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alison M
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for leaving your comments. Yes we did recently renovate and remodel at a cost of nearly 2M dollars. All new furnishings, beds, bedding, flooring, decorations, etc. The new bedding with Choice Truly Yours bedding has been well received and wonderfully comfortable as you attest. I hope you'll stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I am surprised by the number of such positive reviews. Perhaps we got a room that hadn't been renovated yet (stayed in Oct/2013) . Beds were comfortable and breakfast was decent but the bathroom was crawling with tiny ants. The room also needed to be painted- the trim around bathroom door was gross. I also left my ipad on the desk and had ants crawling on the screen when I picked it up.. We checked in very late (3am) and were too exhausted to complain but in the morning I mentioned it to the front desk and they know exactly what I was talking about- calling them 'ghost ants' I think if they know a room has an ant problem they shouldn't have guests occupy them.

1 Thank 720franm
I'm sorry to read your comments. Renovations were being completed in October and that included a lot of minor touch up as new doors, bathrooms, etc had been installed. "Gross" seems a bit dramatic and I'm sorry that had been missed before you checked in. As for the ghost ants, the front desk didn't tell you that was what it was because he knew you had them in your room. He told you that because they are found throughout tropical regions and routinely controlled by pest control services. However, when a few of the little buggers make their way from the outside it's a pretty sure bet they're ghost ants. I do apologize and we would gladly have moved you to another room while we quarantined your room and brought in the exterminators. But I do thank you for your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Cocoa Beach hotels

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The front desk staff was excellent.
The room had mold in the fridge and around the door. Floors were dirty, carpets hadn't been vaccumed, many obvious crumbs. Ants in and around the room.

We are still staying here for the night, but are a little disappointed with the value for the price.

• Stayed November 2013
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
I'm really sad to read this review for 2 reasons. First, management immediately contacted you, noticed the issues and moved you to another room where there was not a problem. Secondly I had to fire someone over this because cleanliness is a major issue with me. When a housekeeper does an inadequate job such as was the case in your room, there is no place for them at my hotel. I really expected that after our efforts to almost immediately rectify the problem we wouldn't have been seen such a review. My apologies that it happened in the first place and I hope we get another chance to satisfy you in the future.
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here one night prior to our disney cruise. The location is great and the staff were very friendly. This is an older hotel but all in all, it was clean. There is a stretch of stores and pharmacies/restaurants right across the street. the hotel also offered a shuttle to the cruise terminal which was nice. The breakfast in the morning was carbohydrate rich and filling, but not the most nutritious, but was good to have before boarding the ship.

Would stay again should I take any more cruises from this port.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dmgirl66
Thank you! It's hard to compete with all that great cruise food, but our hot complimentary breakfast is probably the best on the beach. Glad you found everything to your liking. I hope you stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I recently booked a Park & Cruise Package with TA. ALthough the Comfort Inn isn't plush, It is very clean with most courteous employees. The shuttle to & from the cruise ship was timely & great savings.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank caroloj
Thank you staying with us and taking the time to share your opinion with future guests. I hope you make a return visit.
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel was clean, quiet and staff was very friendly. Beds were very comfortable. Both pool and hot tub were clean and warm. Grounds were large, on site nice laundry mat and fitness room. Hotel is right in the center of town, close to many restaurants, Cocoa Beach Pier, Cape Canaveral, and only about 25 minutes from the space center. Hot breakfast including sausage, eggs, waffles...standard fare for a Comfort Inn and a great value for the price you pay for a room. Price was best in the area. I would stay here again.

Thank you!
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Everything in this hotel screams "I am oh so average" starting from greyish yet clean towels and finishing with "do-it-yourself" breakfast waffles. Nothing too bad but nothing super-good as well, I am sure Suites part is way better, but we stayed in the Guesthouse part and it was kinda blah. Location is quite OK for those heading to Kennedy Space Centre.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
I am very sorry you didn't have the same sense of our hotel that most guests do, particularly since spending over 1 million dollars on the latest renovation & remodel. Most guests rave about the comfortable new beds, the tasteful new decor and the well maintained grounds. As for the "do it yourself" breakfast, I think we have the best "complimentary" breakfast of any hotel in Cocoa Beach. Of course, if you're looking for a full service breakfast there is an IHOP directly across the street. Very sad to read your comments but I realize we can't please everyone as hard as we might try.