“Save your money!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is a pit. The pictures online make it seem fairly clean and close to the beach. Not, walk over three parking lots, and a busy street and look for the entrance by asking people walking. It is old, run down and in need of refurbishment. We stayed here one night. The booking said two queen beda and in no way were these queen. Maybe full... but not queen. The bathroom was too small and really gross. Caulk missing, no drain cover, sink chipped. The room smelled musty and old even though we were told it had just been maintenanced. We were directly near the pool which apparently is open to all hours and people stumbling from the beach or whereever wander loudly by your window. Called to request more towels (we had 3 adults and one child) and they brought 2. Thanks a lot. Big help.
Morning was no better, then staff although friendly was not helpful, they had been overwhelmed with people like us waiting for shuttles to cruise ships and instead of asking who was next, random loud guy walks up in front of 3 other people and gets answers immediately even though we were waiting. HUSBAND was beyond mad. No sorry, no they were ahead of you. Then after we finally get our info you sit and wait. They say 15 min between shuttles but now way. More like 30 to 45. We lucked out when a large group wasn't ready and they were able to take us instead.
When we returned, same issue. No shuttle when they say, just sit and wait. Over an hour. Fun. Then we get to their extended park lot to find that the battery on our car had died. Call hotel and they say can't help. We had already called AAA but wanted to see if we could wait there, the girl said no, mot unless you are registered guests! WTH?! We were technically still on their dime in their lot and they can't help. Breakfast is free but get it while you can... only one waffle maker and don't try to hog it by making two or all hell breaks loose. I had someone take one while I was getting milk for my son. Stand there or risk going hungry unless you want hard pastry or toast.
Beach is pretty, but they don't run that. Save your money and go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
3  Thank disneyfreak1971
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

My apologies. I don't even know how to respond to a rant like this. I know we work very hard to provide a please stay for our guests. We obviously failed in your case.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I would definitely stay here again. The snooze and cruise packages are excellent. I would even stay here if I weren't going on a cruise. It is close to stores and restaurants. Many amenities. Very clean. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
davespain, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here with friends, we got the kitchenette room and enjoyed it. Our friends had the pet friendly room with their two small dogs and we all were happy. Mornings ( or late night for some) was a little noisy as we were there during spring break week, but enjoyed the access to the beach and good room amenities. Bar and work out room on property. Nice sitting area for happy hour, absolutely met our needs. The breakfast and breakfast servers were amazing, as was the front desk and room attendants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm very happy that you had such a pleasant stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We checked in about 4 pm. The desk clerk was very helpful. That's about where it ended. We got to our room , my wife put down her bag and a roach ran out from under the bench. I killed the bug and after looking around I saw several other dead roaches. I called the front desks an told them I wanted another room. They moved us to a room two doors down. The room was bug free but looks like it had not been updated in ten years. The bathroom had patches in the wood work. The tiles had been patched up. The lighting was poor. The next day we went to the beach and then to lunch. We returned to the room about 3:45 pm to find housekeeping had not made up the room. I would not recommend this hotel. I will say the staff was very helpful in getting these issues resolved, but these issues should not have occurred.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob1229
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We loved everything about this hotel. We stayed the week before Easter in a two double bed room with kitchenette, where we were able to park right outside our door. The room/area was quiet. The courtyard area was great, and we enjoyed the pool, shuffleboard, and volleyball. The beds and pillows were extrememly comfortable and the air conditioning was easy to set. I loved that the floors were not carpeted, making sand from the beach cleanup easy. There is an outdoor shower in the pool area that makes it easy to wash off the sand before you head to your room from the beach.

We only had to cross one street to get to the beach, and the beach area you pop out on was not crowded. We spent hours in the ocean, body surfing and boogie boarding, relaxing on the beach, and going for walks.

You can tell the hotel is a bit older, but it was very clean. Only complaint is that the bathroom fan was very loud and went on with the light. Would have been nice if you could put the fan on separately. Also, the refrigerator froze some of our food, but better cold than not. The microwave actually stopped working the first time we used it, but was quickly replaced. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and always had a nice variety (the kids were glad there were six waffle machines:)

All in all, a great value, great with kids, great location.

Room Tip: If you want more privacy and quiet, do not get a room that faces the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you very much. Regarding the flooring. At the beginning of 2014 we completed a nearly 2 million dollar remodeling that included laminates in most rooms. Because people so often walk into the rooms from the pool or beach with wet feet it created problems. Now, although people still come in with wet, sometimes sandy feet, it's an easy cleanup and there is no lingering moisture trapped in the carpets with the resulting musty smell especially during hot, humid summer periods. You seem to get the fact that you DO track sand from the beach. If you don't use one of the several strategically placed showers to rinse your feet, the sand gets into the room. And then, if your not careful, it gets into bed with you. I'm glad you figured this out. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel needs major updated. The carpet in our room was disgusting and the people next to is were smoking in their room which allowed the smoke smell into our room. Would not stay there again! Would just have like the overall appearance to be updated and the rooms cleaned thoroughly.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Probably the best things that can be said about this hotel are its location...practically right next door to RonJons and about a block and a half away from the beach. Oh and it's big breakfast area! Other than that, the hotel itself seems kind of dated (something out of the seventies), the pool was on the small side (which I was looking forward to jumping in after a day at the beach). My youngest daughter said there was a bug in her bed, which had me kind of nervous and had me thinking that something was biting my legs at night (but there were no red marks so it may have been my overactive imagination).

Room Tip: Stay on the inside rooms...less noise from the street and people loading and unloading.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I'm glad you found us adequate and I do appreciate your taking the time to leave your review.