“Great Location, Enjoyable Stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 4 January 2011

We got a great price for the winter and came to visit friends at UCF which was very close. Hotel was also very close to the beach. A little too cold to swim at the beach, but really enjoyed the hotel's hot tub! There is a playground and game room so I would recommend to families with children for a summer getaway. Staff was friendly too.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2011

Thank you for your visit. Regrettably, the weather when you were here was unusually cool and you weren't able to enjoy our beautiful beach. That just gives you an excuse to come back again. We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with other potential guests. Your comments mean more than you realize.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed 20 December 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Inn before and after our cruise to the Bahamas. The room was very nice, well equipped and clean. The staff was courteous and friendly. They all seemed eager to help with every request from restaurants and entertainment to helping us celebrate our anniversay of 15 years. The housekeeping staff went above and beyond to keep our room perfect! The front desk clerks were as friendly as I've ever found in any hotel. I would recommend staying at teh Comfort Inn in Cococ Beach to anyone, anytime!

PAT and Roy Mitchell

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. In 2010 we undertook a concerted effort to improve every facet of our guests experience. Judging from your comments we are making progress but we will continue to do everything possible to exceed our guests expectations. I will be sure to share your kind words with our front desk and housekeeping staff. We hope to see you again soon. And please take the time to introduce yourself to me so I can thank you in person.

Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stayed one night precruise, it was better than expected. The staff was super friendly and the rooms were clean. Upon entering there was a musty smell sort of when something had not been used in awhile, but turned up the air and it disappeared after about 5 minutes. The room had a small area between the living room and bedroom, had refridge, microwave (bowls, cups, and utencils) for a pleasant stay. It is a block from the beach from the back entrance no highway traffic at all. We did not rent a car and they have a winn dixie, walgrens, cvs, taco bell, subway, ihop and waffle house within a block of the hotel. Very close walking distance. The front desk was extremely helpful upon checking out. We had arranged shutle with Cocoa Beach Shuttle to take us to the port at 11:30, they arrived early left at 11:20, the front desk was nice and called them to come back. They did 45 minutes later..I would think twice about using them. The ride to the airport to the hotel they were 30 minutes late. Would definite stay if in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank hhr07

We love reading reviews like this. BTW, thank you for recognizing that the "musty" smell is merely what happens in a humid, semi-tropical environment, and not a sign of poor housekeeping. And thank you for pointing out that a few minutes of air conditioning fixes the problem. We strive to always not only meet but exceed our guests expectations. Being a limited service hotel, that is not having a restaurant on site, offering room service etc. means that the best way to distinguish ourselves from the other limited service hotels in our market is by offering superior service. You confirm that our efforts are paying off and we promise to work hard to improve even more. And I'll be sure my staff reads your review so they know their efforts are not going unnoticed. If you ever find yourself in the area again, please take a moment to introduce yourself so I can thank you personally.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

We returned to the Comfort Suites for our vacation before school starts for our kids. We stayed a few years ago and enjoyed so much we went back. We were happy to see nothing had changed. Our room overlooked the water and was very roomy for my family of 5. The housekeepers were all so nice and cleaned our room beautifully every day. This hotel is a great value for all it offers and its location. I will be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Seasideinniop

I am so glad to hear you had a nice stay. When our guests return year after year we know we're on the right track. Thank you for your kind comments. Next time you visit, please take a moment to find me and introduce yourself so I can thank you personally.

Reviewed 8 August 2010

On a road trip from Miami to New York arrived without a reservation at about 8 in the evening on a Friday.

Friendly and polite staff informed us that they only had suites left, and booked us into one for $122.05. This was the most expensive of our trip, but probably also the best hotel.

Our room was on the top floor of a seprate block at the back of the hotel, it was actually 2 room spaces, a lounge and a bedroom with a bathroom inbetween, with a private balcony to the rear facing towards the sea (though another building obscured a true sea-view).

It was very clean, well maintained and nicely laid out.

Couldn't really say too much about the surrounding area as we were in and out, only stopping for breakfast at the Denny's down the road.

Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

I hope you had a safe and wonderful trip and made it back to the UK with a lot of nice memories from our country. Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words. I hope you have an opportunity to return and visit some day and if you do, please look me up at the hotel and introduce yourself. Cheers.

Reviewed 6 August 2010

In December 2009, I began a search for where I could arrange lodging for a group of 16 in the Port Canaveral area for a cruise in July 2010. This search began on the internet and immediately drew me to a listing for the Comfort Inn in the Port Canaveral area that not only offered competitive rates, but also a "snooze & cruise" package that provided ground transportation from the Orlando Airport, but also FREE parking for inidividuals driving in for the cruise. Although I initially hesitated to contact the Inn because it just seemed to good to be true, I made my contact and ended up speaking with the Ms. Connie Smith, their Sales Administrative Coordinator. By far, thats where I met one of the most considerate and professional service providers that I can ever recall. Through my hundreds of questions, Connie carefully and patiently walked me through the various services that she could help me with in getting this large group off of planes from various locations, transporting them to the hotel at various times and providing transportation services to get them to the ship the next morning and back to the airplane the day the cruise concluded. But these were not just words and promises, immeidatley after we reached agreement on the various reservations, the confirmatons would pop up on my computer for not only the lodging, but also the ground transportation services. I continued to check back with her as our arrival date approached and apoligized for these intrusions. Every time, I received kind words and reassurance that everything was on track. AND GUESS WHAT - EVERYHTHING WAS! The ground transportation services were on-time, professionally delivered, and remarkably reasonable in cost as compared to other carriers. How was the Comfort Inn? The facility was clean, professionally staffed and well maintained. The landscaping in the courtyard was remarkable and as a surprise, there were complimentary drink tickets provided when we checked in. Speaking of check-in, it was a breeze and all details were pre-arranged. The front desk personnel were very friendly, professional and demonstrated genuine concern in meeting the needs of the group. Would I recommend the place to other? You bet I would and if you have the opportunity to work with Connie Smith, you will certainly find her to be a delightful individual. Thanks Connie - we had a great cruise!! Bill Lindsey-Williamsburg, VA

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Bill8411
davespain, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

On behalf of Connie and the rest of my staff, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. I'll be sure that Connie reads your comments and gets a personal "thanks" from me for a job well done. I hope you had a wonderful cruise and if you find yourself in the area again, please look me up so I can thank you personally and I'll be sure you get to meet and thank Connie personally.

Reviewed 23 July 2010

My family stayed here during a road trip/ cruise vacation.

We booked the cruise and park package. We had to sign a paper saying that we (with our 2 and 6 year olds in tow) wouldn't smoke in the room but the room stunk of cigarette smoke and mildew . The door to the room looked as though someone had been kicking it.

We found a roach crawling on the hotel towels. Everything in the room looked old and damp. There seemed to be sand everywhere.

The park and cruise package is no bargain because the lot is two blocks away from the hotel and the the lot is unsecured. They hand you a blacked out, blotchy xerox of a map and a disclaimer stating that they won't be responsible for any damage to your car. The apathetic clerk at the front desk told me that the shuttle only leaves once a day and if we didn't keep our slip the driver wouldn't allow us back on the shuttle.

The thought of us standing at the terminal with out kids without a ride was enough to make me pay the extra money and park at the terminal.

There was never a point where we felt comfortable at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dugfamily

I can't express how sorry I am to hear of your experience and how painful it is for me to read one of my staff described as "apathetic". I believe our front desk was trying to emphasize the importance of hanging on to your transportation coupon because without it there would be no way to know who was and who wasn't supposed to get on the shuttle. This would be no different than telling someone to hang on to their return airline ticket or they won't be allowed on the plane. That said, obviously my front desk person wasn't very cordial or reassuring. We are constantly training our staff and trying to instill in them the importance of providing the best possible experience for our guests who are often overwhelmed by the whole process of departing on a cruise. This review will be shown to all of my staff to re-emphasize the importance of attitude and the consequences of even the slightest lapse in their responsibility to provide the best possible experience for our guests.